SCOTTISH CUP R3: Stenhousemuir v. Falkirk : 24th November

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

SCOTTISH CUP R3: Stenhousemuir v. Falkirk : 24th November

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 22nd 2018f October 2018 09:52:44 AM

I was at Ochilview the last time we played Stenny in the cup and seem to remember we weren't fantastic that day either :?

An interesting one this year as our usual hubris will probably be set aside as we could face a new nadir and be beaten by the Warriors in an already desperate season!

Looking forward to this if only because it's walking distance from the house and I can have a pint for once to make watching Falkirk palatable :beer:
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: SCOTTISH CUP R3: Stenhousemuir v. Falkirk : 24th November

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 22nd 2018f October 2018 10:56:25 AM

Not just the possibility of being beaten by them. This is an opporchancity for the Warriors to humiliate this team.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 25th 2018f October 2018 09:22:09 PM

Might get a better price on Stenny if you bet now. By 24th November we could be so far adrift that they will be favourites.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Friday 23rd 2018f November 2018 01:15:36 PM

Intriguing game tomorrow as Bairns fans think this might be a potential banana-skin.

However, Stenny insiders believe that they are about to receive a doing - I suspect the game will fall somewhere in-between.

Going for an away win and the fact it's on my doorstep is even better!

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Friday 23rd 2018f November 2018 09:11:38 PM

Going for the replay, as I have nothing planned for Tuesday night.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 02:55:42 PM

Kiss of death time!

I feel pretty confident for today. We dont have the fire power to score a shed load but I'm expecting us to dominate the match comfortably and to win one or two nil.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Tom
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by Tom » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 05:52:11 PM

Stenny bottom of their league take FOUR goal of us,absolute crap :bang: :bang: :bang:

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:12:04 PM

Disgraceful performance and this should sound a warning for the future.

We've just come off 2nd best to Stenhouse-fukn-muir! :bang:

We knew this squad wasn't good enough for the Championship and this result hints they're not even fit for League 1 :?

Stenny deserved it and showed us up good and proper. No-one in a Falkirk jersey gets pass marks today and dents my faith in McKinnon.

Pretty dejected after today :(

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:23:50 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 02:55:42 PM
Kiss of death time!

I feel pretty confident for today. We dont have the fire power to score a shed load but I'm expecting us to dominate the match comfortably and to win one or two nil.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Jesus F*cking Christ! For 10 minutes we looked fine then...

I'm f*cking furious just now. That was the sort of performance and result that will possilby undo all of Ray's good work.

Easy to say in hindsight, but why drop Harrison for Muirhead when in recent weeks the ball has been like a magnet to his napper? Why play the long ball continuously? Why play Lewis and Samut in any capacity?

I'm giving pass marks to one player today - Paton. Genuinely pleased for him to get that opening goal and very impressed he had the guts to approach the fans at full time. Want to stress that last part as out of all staff and players, Paton was THE ONLY F*CKING ONE TO APPROACH THE FANS. That alone is enough to tip me into a fury ffs! McKee couldnt get up the tunnel quick enough at full time. Paton put in a decent enough shift considering he was carrying the midfield 3.

Huge credit to Stenny though. The spread the ball about very well. They harried and chased consistently. They were brave, especially when going a goal behind. Fair play to them.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:30:14 PM

Harrison was injured in the warm up.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:35:26 PM

From last weeks Partick thread:-
Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 17th 2018f November 2018 06:35:03 PM
Id like to apologise to Thistle fans, as you must be gutted to walk away without the 3 points. Only 1 side was playing to win that game & it certainly wasn't the home side.
Anybody looking for a cup shock next week, get your money on Stenny.
If I say we were dreadful, it would be an insult to dreadful teams. I don't know whether Ray was trolling Thistle, or his own fans, by bringing Dallinson on at CF.
After all the improvement in set up & organisation, these last 3/4 games. We serve up that shitfest.

Still not sure of my point Rusty, are you getting it yet?
No doubt, in the mind of Bridge of Allan Bairn, these players were "sticking to their task" again, "playing their roles perfectly"!
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:37:32 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:30:14 PM
Harrison was injured in the warm up.
He'd still have been more effective than Airhead
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:46:10 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:35:26 PM
Kiddy wrote:
Id like to apologise to Thistle fans, as you must be gutted to walk away without the 3 points. Only 1 side was playing to win that game & it certainly wasn't the home side.
If I say we were dreadful, it would be an insult to dreadful teams. I don't know whether Ray was trolling Thistle, or his own fans, by bringing Dallinson on at CF.
After all the improvement in set up & organisation, these last 3/4 games. We serve up that shitfest.

No doubt, in the mind of Bridge of Allan Bairn, these players were "sticking to their task" again, "playing their roles perfectly"!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

I didnt see today coming even based on last week's game but a cup-tie against lower, local opposition is easy to call as a defeat to be fair.

We're now entering Michael Higdon fan territory here as patience is wearing very thin and as per Jonesy's post the relationship just now is pretty low.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:50:02 PM

As if this season cannot get any worse then today comes along.
Where, where do we go from here now

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 07:22:16 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 06:35:26 PM
Kiddy wrote:

what on earth are you having a go at me for here? my point was for a game where we were short of 4 key players and ground out a decent point against a side who'd just come down from the league above (albeit poor). we had no strikers that day. I don't count Lewis. you seem to think I'm some fan of this side, I pointed out as earlt as pre season we were underwhelming and predicted 7th when many were predicting promotion. I wasn't at the game today as I only go to games on my season ticket now. this was a game where by all accounts we were second best to a team bottom of the third tier. they deserve any stick they get
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 09:11:45 PM

Beaten at home to Montrose and Connahs Quay nomads now thrashed away to Stenhousemuir.

Disgrace!

If you listen to Dennon Lewis interviewed after the game, he says we need quality in January, don’t know why he’s so keen on that as he’ll be nowhere near the first team.

Only good thing is knowing these frauds of football players are another week closer to their dreams being crushed when they are no longer full time football players.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

New Town Bairn
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by New Town Bairn » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 09:29:59 PM

Just listened to the interviews. It would have been nice if one of them has said sorry for that performance.

Big big changes required in January with a large number of players looking for jobs in that team. :bang: :bang: :bang:

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 10:03:41 PM

As bad as it gets I suppose (although wasn't there today as anticipated this result). From what I have seen over the games I've witnessed personally this season I can really only say that Robson has shown the right attitude and aggression in all these games where he has played. We have contracted players simply not good enough (Fasan, Kidd, Muirhead, Dallison, Paton, McKee, Petravicious), loanees out their depth or simply not interested (Irving, Sammut, Lewis, Haber), players signed and never/rarely played who might be better than current lot (Dumbuya, Russell) and kids who are so far from being ready for even reserve football its a joke. We are limping to relegation here and only a complete clearout and overhaul will fix this. Yes, I know thats partly what put us in the mess we are in, but money can be freed up by sending all the loanees back to parent clubs, and surely we will have to somehow afford to buy out contracts for losers like those mentioned above so we can get players in who at least want to play for us, as its obvious that the current lot don't even appear mildly interested in representing the club on the park. Hopefully we can scramble enough points until this can be achieved, but we are in such a downward spiral as a football club I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel at the minute.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 10:38:59 PM

Everyone had a stinker except Robson and Petra whose set up for McKee’s goal was fantastic.
At the back, if ever evidence was needed that a limited but disciplined defence is infinitely preferable to one featuring Aero adding nothing much other than no personal discipline in terms of position, and unsettling all of those around him, this was it.

Go back to what we were two weeks ago until we can unload the Sammuts, Lewis’s and Habers of this world, and bringing in a few genuine Championship level players.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 24th 2018f November 2018 11:34:08 PM

Oh, & can somebody please tell Ray to stop trolling the fans by playing Dallinson up front.