Tom Dallison

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Tom Dallison

Post by Pete » Wednesday 09th 2018f May 2018 04:10:45 PM

First signing for next season is Tom Dallison from Brighton.

Hes a 22 year old 6ft 4 centre back. Came through the youth teams of arsenal and west ham.

Sounds very promising

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Tom Dallison

Post by AL_bairn » Wednesday 09th 2018f May 2018 04:16:22 PM

The type of signing that makes giving up the academy seem worth it.

Obviously not every one will work out but if we keep signing players with that pedigree we will be doing ok.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Wednesday 09th 2018f May 2018 05:21:46 PM

Like the fact the lad is 6ft4 as we need some steel in the side. Pedigree means nothing to me will wait and see what the lad is like when the season gets going. We’ve had guys come in with great pedigree that are awful and guys from shoot backgrounds who have done very well. Just good to see the rebuilding beginning.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 09th 2018f May 2018 06:05:29 PM

He’s barely played any first team football and the small amount he has played has been at a low standard so I see nothing to get excited about as of yet.

All that matters is if he is good which we won’t really know till August. Still, it’s better than signing someone that we know is dross!

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 09th 2018f May 2018 08:35:45 PM

He may turn out to be hopeless but he could be the new Will Vaulks but and it’s a massive BUT this type of signing gives us some hope, something we haven’t had for years - with Lazy bones Houston as manager we were used to signings like Harris, Craigen, Kidd et al, all guys who we knew about and knew they probably weren’t good enough.

This guy must have some ability, coupled with his size he can hopefully do well for us, Lord only knows we need toughening up!

A few more of these types of signings and we’ll all be looking forward to the new season.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 10th 2018f May 2018 03:23:18 PM

Well all we can get excited by so far is what we see, and I see a proper big unit with a bit of Olivier Giroud about him, and that will do for now.
As mentioned above, at least it isn’t the same old same old who has played for Partick or Hamilton or Ross County, but was either not good enough or too old to command a first team slot.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Thursday 10th 2018f May 2018 04:35:35 PM

agree with all of above good luck to the guy.

big guy with decent background I see him as the peter Grant replacement so if he's bigger quicker and with better distribution great.

a centre 3 of McGhee dallison and Muirhead on paper looks good. big units who are quick and good in the air. with Robson at left back that's 4 of the back 5 sorted and looking decent.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 10th 2018f May 2018 06:25:19 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Thursday 10th 2018f May 2018 04:35:35 PM
agree with all of above good luck to the guy.

big guy with decent background I see him as the peter Grant replacement so if he's bigger quicker and with better distribution great.

a centre 3 of McGhee dallison and Muirhead on paper looks good. big units who are quick and good in the air. with Robson at left back that's 4 of the back 5 sorted and looking decent.
Agree with majority of what’s been said here. Guy seems to have a decent background coming through the PL ranks at the likes of Arsenal and West Ham and doesn’t look to be one of Olaf’s famous “Lazy” signings which is good.

However, Muirhead in any back 3 frightens me and if he is to be playing at all next season other than to come on if and when we get a penalty then we have very little chance of winning the title. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen and although I have faith in Hartley I genuinely question what he was high on when he made the lad club captain.

Overall pleased with this signing as it’s something a bit different to the norm and already reminding me of the days when Yogi was bringing in young lads from Arsenal.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Friday 11th 2018f May 2018 01:23:43 PM

Interested to see how long it takes for the BBC to publish news regarding closed season signings below the Premiership.

Probably a moan belonging in another topic but they really do our league a dis-service in terms of coverage.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Friday 11th 2018f May 2018 10:49:28 PM

That won’t change any time soon. The printed media is still reeling from crumbling circulation numbers, and throw what little journalism remains in a never ending recycling of anything Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen, and the likes of BBC Scotland are stripping back their online coverage to pretty much the same thing.
It’s always been this way, but it’s getting worse and worse, and there doesn’t seem any chance of it changing any time soon.
Collectively, they no longer cover “the game”. They now cover “the teams”.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:31:23 PM

Unfortunately the ;ad will have to cover for the bombscare he'll likely be playing with - none other than Capt Craptastic, Muirhead. That will mean he will need to be mobile, tough and not afraid to lay into the useless cnut alongside him, as will undoubtedly be reqd. We need at least one reliable centre back other than Muirhead to help the young guys out.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 09:35:43 AM

John Markie wrote:
Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:31:23 PM
Unfortunately the ;ad will have to cover for the bombscare he'll likely be playing with - none other than Capt Craptastic, Muirhead. That will mean he will need to be mobile, tough and not afraid to lay into the useless cnut alongside him, as will undoubtedly be reqd. We need at least one reliable centre back other than Muirhead to help the young guys out.

I see you have already nailed your colours to the mast with Muirhead this year being your figure of ridicule and name calling, regardless of how he will perform. Same with “The Slug” et all from years gone past.
That’s two different threads in the same day you are destroying him, before a ball has been kicked in anger.
Yes, he has not been great, but neither was Sam McGivern before Stainrod transformed him, and that turned out “ok”.
Muirhead had a lot of dross playing beside him, and just maybe with the correct blend alongsid he can get back to the form he showed at Partick.
My point being, give the guy the opportunity to fail this season before making him a dud. At the very least he deserves is to get a chance with new faces. It might suit his style of play and he has a worldy of a season - a wee bit like Grant before his injury.
He has all the attributes, but has let himself down with a lack of concentration and positional play, but with Watson and Grant blundering their way along side him it was hardly suprising.
AND we might get loads of pens this year...... :wink:
Here comes the doom.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Tuesday 25th 2018f September 2018 01:16:54 PM

Tom Dallison looked like one of the better Hartley signings but judging by recent comments he's went downhill.

Is he worth keeping?

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 10th 2018f October 2018 08:26:37 PM

Sadly no. Simply not up to the challenges of Scottish football. No confidence, endlessly waiting for every ball to bounce several times before trying to play it, and has been bullied time and time again by opposition forwards.

Certainly one I had great hopes for, but sadly, once the rubber hits the road, he goes missing.

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Wednesday 10th 2018f October 2018 09:46:25 PM

A one footed (left) player playing on the wrong side of central defence who cannot cope.

Time and time again the forward played around his right side and he had to turn side on to get his left leg into position to tackle him. The number of times he was facing the stand when trying to tackle someone running at him was unbelievable.

Just not good enough !
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 09:51:10 AM

What this thread and others of a similar vein goes to prove is those actively attacking the board for allowing this sh*tshow were taken in just as much as they were.

It seems Dade was one of the few to express reservations about the experience (or lack of) that Dallison had.

We were all seduced by mystery signings from all over the UK, only realising that the real mystery was how these players made a living out of the game :!:

I would take last seasons Grant and Watson over the two 'sons we have in defence just now.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 11:25:27 AM

I’ll take that! :clink:

In all seriousness though it’s not too hard to have reservations about these guys when you look at their backgrounds.

Sammut was the only one I was genuinely excited about.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 06:58:35 PM

I was hoping for something like Pitman at the Launderers. A guy with undoubted talent, but who had lost his way a bit, but had reached an age where he had grown up, and was just keen for someone to give him a chance.

My old man (who was a fair player 70 years ago) always said to me that there were better players walking the street than ever graced the pro game, I know what he means. We have all known special talents that have never made it for all sorts of daft reasons. Many of them would have made it if given a second chance like Pitman.

I really thought we were travelling that route from down south. Instead we just seemed to sign anyone Mitch recommended. I would be interested to know how many of his selections were actually rejected as not being good enough. Whoever they were, they must have been atrociously bad, given that just being “not very good” was enough to earn a Falkirk contract in the summer.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 10:30:05 PM

I'd be interested to know how many were actually watched by Hartley or his team and not just accepted on the recommendation of the scout. I'd be surprised and worried in equal measure if any were.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 11:53:43 PM

hobbes wrote:
Thursday 11th 2018f October 2018 10:30:05 PM
I'd be interested to know how many were actually watched by Hartley or his team and not just accepted on the recommendation of the scout. I'd be surprised and worried in equal measure if any were.
Given that most were signed pre season, Hartley wouldn't have seen any of them.
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!