Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by AL_bairn » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:37:17 PM

After Saturdays doing I think Hartley may change things up a bit formation wise. A few on here said a while back we should try 5 at the back and it now looks as if that might suit us best wit the players we currently have.

My starting formation for the weekend would be.

----------------------------Goalkeeper-------------------------------

------------CB-----------------CB---------------CB-------------------

RWB--------------------------------------------------------------LWB

--------------------------CM------------CM---------------------------

---------------------------------AM-------------------------------------

----------------------------CF--------CF-------------------------------


Not sure where certain players are fitness wise (Sibbald etc) but I think that formation could suit us best just now.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4663
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:42:18 PM

You cannot go putting pressure on players like that, that is far too much change - some might not cope and break down emotionally.

Results are not important, the well being of the players is the major concern.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by AL_bairn » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 01:26:48 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:42:18 PM
You cannot go putting pressure on players like that, that is far too much change - some might not cope and break down emotionally.

Results are not important, the well being of the players is the major concern.
Very good. I have just found a thing to basically block your posts. Very handy, I don't need to read your utter drivel now.

For anyone that is interested in blocking Olaf's posts.

Notifications>Friends and Foes tab>Manage foes>type in the cretins name and bingo no more Olaf!!

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 851
Joined: Sunday 25th 2006f June 2006 06:47:25 PM
Location: Falkirk

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 02:00:27 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:42:18 PM
You cannot go putting pressure on players like that, that is far too much change - some might not cope and break down emotionally.

Results are not important, the well being of the players is the major concern.
Lolz.

Your sarcasm belies the fact that the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Happy, confident players produce results. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wherever the issues take place it can't not have an effect and some will clearly struggle more than others might. Hartley has to get a win soon and at this point I don't care how he does it - beating the fifers will just make it all the sweeter (or worse if we lose).
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 204
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 04:01:06 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 01:26:48 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:42:18 PM
You cannot go putting pressure on players like that, that is far too much change - some might not cope and break down emotionally.

Results are not important, the well being of the players is the major concern.
Very good. I have just found a thing to basically block your posts. Very handy, I don't need to read your utter drivel now.

For anyone that is interested in blocking Olaf's posts.

Notifications>Friends and Foes tab>Manage foes>type in the cretins name and bingo no more Olaf!!
Thanks for that AL! :clap:

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by AL_bairn » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 04:26:46 PM

Falkirkbairn90 wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 04:01:06 PM
AL_bairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 01:26:48 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:42:18 PM
You cannot go putting pressure on players like that, that is far too much change - some might not cope and break down emotionally.

Results are not important, the well being of the players is the major concern.
Very good. I have just found a thing to basically block your posts. Very handy, I don't need to read your utter drivel now.

For anyone that is interested in blocking Olaf's posts.

Notifications>Friends and Foes tab>Manage foes>type in the cretins name and bingo no more Olaf!!
Thanks for that AL! :clap:
No problem mate, glad I found that feature, his posts are now hidden. Hopefully everyone else does the same and he will just be talking to himself :lol:

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4663
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 04:43:27 PM

How ever will I cope?

If I didn't exist the previous posters would have nothing to post about.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

User avatar
dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4012
Joined: Sunday 24th 2006f September 2006 10:48:38 AM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by dixie chicken » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:02:46 PM

Correct Olaf
The rest on here act and speak like robots.
They all sound as if they belong to the same polytechnic.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by AL_bairn » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:23:58 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:02:46 PM
Correct Olaf
The rest on here act and speak like robots.
They all sound as if they belong to the same polytechnic.
Deary me take that straw out of Olaf's arse for 5 minutes will you! He talk negative shoot every post he puts up. The option is there to not read them so I've taken it.

I'd say there is a very good chance Olaf and Dixie are the same person. You seem to stick up for the buffoon at every opportunity.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 851
Joined: Sunday 25th 2006f June 2006 06:47:25 PM
Location: Falkirk

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:55:34 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:23:58 PM
dixie chicken wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 05:02:46 PM
Correct Olaf
The rest on here act and speak like robots.
They all sound as if they belong to the same polytechnic.
Deary me take that straw out of Olaf's arse for 5 minutes will you! He talk negative shoot every post he puts up. The option is there to not read them so I've taken it.

I'd say there is a very good chance Olaf and Dixie are the same person. You seem to stick up for the buffoon at every opportunity.
I won't block Olaf (or anyone else for that matter) as fundamentally a forum only works when all opinions can be heard and he is correct - his fishing trip has generated a few posts!

Perhaps peoples frustration with Olaf (mine certainly) is that his glass always seems to be half-empty and he will always find fault somewhere regardless of circumstances.

We are Falkirk after all and the game is littered with clubs worldwide who struggle to fulfil their potential regardless of how they're run and players at their disposal.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

ekbairn
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 23
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2014f February 2014 10:55:22 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by ekbairn » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 07:44:00 PM

Thought this subject was entitled Falkirk v Dunfermline, not Olaf v everyone else. Comment on the subject & don't get involved with the rubbish he is spouting, he is just a wind up merchant seeing who can hook. This game is probably the most important we will play this season as a win may see us start a revival, a defeat could have really bad effect on the players & management for the rest of the season

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 204
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 08:34:04 PM

Hartley still very much finding his feet and won’t know his best 11 as yet. I don’t think we are far away from it coming together. I agree what’s been said above, this game could be massive for us if we get a result.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2305
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Dade » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 11:57:35 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:37:17 PM
After Saturdays doing I think Hartley may change things up a bit formation wise. A few on here said a while back we should try 5 at the back and it now looks as if that might suit us best wit the players we currently have.

My starting formation for the weekend would be.

----------------------------Goalkeeper-------------------------------

------------CB-----------------CB---------------CB-------------------

RWB--------------------------------------------------------------LWB

--------------------------CM------------CM---------------------------

---------------------------------AM-------------------------------------

----------------------------CF--------CF-------------------------------


Not sure where certain players are fitness wise (Sibbald etc) but I think that formation could suit us best just now.
Think that formation would suit us best although we are short of decent wingbacks(if any). I’ve been impressed by what I’ve seen of Dunne in the highlights but he seems more like an out an out winger so not sure how he would fit in to that formation but anything’s worth a go. There is definitely a shape that suits our current squad more than what the 4-4-2 we employ so would be up for trying something different.

Glad Hartley is keeping a close eye on the development squad and not afraid to throw in some youngsters if they impress.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by AL_bairn » Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 12:07:35 AM

Dade wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 11:57:35 PM
AL_bairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:37:17 PM
After Saturdays doing I think Hartley may change things up a bit formation wise. A few on here said a while back we should try 5 at the back and it now looks as if that might suit us best wit the players we currently have.

My starting formation for the weekend would be.

----------------------------Goalkeeper-------------------------------

------------CB-----------------CB---------------CB-------------------

RWB--------------------------------------------------------------LWB

--------------------------CM------------CM---------------------------

---------------------------------AM-------------------------------------

----------------------------CF--------CF-------------------------------


Not sure where certain players are fitness wise (Sibbald etc) but I think that formation could suit us best just now.
Think that formation would suit us best although we are short of decent wingbacks(if any). I’ve been impressed by what I’ve seen of Dunne in the highlights but he seems more like an out an out winger so not sure how he would fit in to that formation but anything’s worth a go. There is definitely a shape that suits our current squad more than what the 4-4-2 we employ so would be up for trying something different.

Glad Hartley is keeping a close eye on the development squad and not afraid to throw in some youngsters if they impress.
Pretty sure Hippolyte has played lwb in his career before and maybe a more attacking role would suit Gallacher better as well. Not sure how far Kidd is off from playing but we always had a decent record with him in the team so wouldn't have any problem with him coming in and Muirhead moving into the right centre back slot. Kerr and McKee in the middle with either Sibbald and Craigen in the attacking midfield role.

The team would definitely look more balanced.

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5509
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 09:58:14 AM

We beat them quite comfortably a couple of weeks back so it shouldnt take rocket science to do it again. McGhee must be back at lb even if grant is still injured. I'd rather bring in gasparotto at cb than Gallacherat lb as we leak goals whenever he plays. defence was fine until we changed it on Saturday. No need to make two changes when you've only got one man out like we did then.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5029
Joined: Sunday 14th 2006f May 2006 12:51:43 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Back Post Misses » Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 01:20:17 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 09:58:14 AM
We beat them quite comfortably a couple of weeks back so it shouldnt take rocket science to do it again. McGhee must be back at lb even if grant is still injured. I'd rather bring in gasparotto at cb than Gallacherat lb as we leak goals whenever he plays. defence was fine until we changed it on Saturday. No need to make two changes when you've only got one man out like we did then.
That is unfair on the lad last weekend as he was certainly not at fault however Hartley made three changes to cover one injury. He should IMO have just brought in Luca. Lets be honest Grant and him are the same type of player anyway

User avatar
ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 613
Joined: Wednesday 22nd 2006f November 2006 02:41:58 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 02:16:15 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Tuesday 31st 2017f October 2017 09:58:14 AM
We beat them quite comfortably a couple of weeks back so it shouldnt take rocket science to do it again. McGhee must be back at lb even if grant is still injured. I'd rather bring in gasparotto at cb than Gallacherat lb as we leak goals whenever he plays. defence was fine until we changed it on Saturday. No need to make two changes when you've only got one man out like we did then.
Apparently they had 6 regulars missing when we last beat them. Gasparotto is a nightmare anywhere on the pitch.

Livingston Par
Well New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sunday 05th 2006f November 2006 05:54:29 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by Livingston Par » Thursday 02nd 2017f November 2017 12:26:58 AM

ekbairn wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 07:44:00 PM
Thought this subject was entitled Falkirk v Dunfermline, not Olaf v everyone else. Comment on the subject & don't get involved with the rubbish he is spouting, he is just a wind up merchant seeing who can hook. This game is probably the most important we will play this season as a win may see us start a revival, a defeat could have really bad effect on the players & management for the rest of the season
Don't worry you won't lose

User avatar
chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 215
Joined: Tuesday 21st 2009f April 2009 05:46:30 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by chippo1876 » Thursday 02nd 2017f November 2017 07:49:59 PM

just watched the stv news and the old "we're the best team in the league on our day" proclamation came from AJ ........well i guess we could all say that, god i despise that team !! i couldn't care less about any result against any other team in our league bar those gits !! COYB !! going back into my darkened room now :D

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 419
Joined: Saturday 13th 2016f February 2016 09:51:27 PM

Re: Falkirk v Dunfermline 04/11/2017

Post by John Markie » Thursday 02nd 2017f November 2017 10:53:34 PM

4-4-2 with Longridge probably replacing Craigen as either central attacking midfielder or as a wide man. Can see Harris and Hippo being our wide players with Austin alone up front, and Longridge sitting just behind him.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests