Development Team v Rangers

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Development Team v Rangers

Post by billybairn » Tuesday 10th 2017f January 2017 09:56:53 AM

We play them tonight at Forthbank, 6pm kick off.

Interesting to see if O'Hara plays or not.

If we win tonight, the youngsters will go second in the development league.

We've also got Sevco lite in the SFA youth cup quarter finals, to be played at Ibrox on 22nd Jan. 3pm kick off. £4 adults, £1 kids.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Development Team v Rangers

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 10th 2017f January 2017 11:36:19 PM

Couldn't make it tonight, so no report.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 12:05:02 AM

I went to the game. Decent match and a deserved win. Good running up top by O'Hara and Shepherd but their final ball was often quite poor.

Blues looks a decent player and scored an absolute cracker. Kids free kick was excellent too.

Their number 10- Gilmour I think- is a good wee player but best entertainment he provided was when the 2 opposing coaches had a shouting match at each other. Not sure what was said before but ended mainly with the Rangers coaching screaming that he's only 15 years old. Not sure why that was too relevant as if he was not physical enough to play at that level then don't play him. Maybe a Falkirk player was asking him to buy cigarettes though.

Bainsfordbairn2
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by Bainsfordbairn2 » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 03:00:15 PM

Dade wrote:Not sure what was said before but ended mainly with the Rangers coaching screaming that he's only 15 years old. Not sure why that was too relevant as if he was not physical enough to play at that level then don't play him.
Their coach - I think it's a guy called Graeme Murty - objected to a tackle and, as you say, complained that the player on the receiving end was only 15 years old. As if that meant we weren't allowed to put a challenge in. Maybs responded just as you did and the guy went mental. Typical Rangers mentality - they can't take it when they're getting beat and lose the plot. Had our strikers been even remotely clinical we would have given them a three or four goal drubbing.

As Kevin Keegan might say, I would love, love, love it if we fecked them over at Ibrox and put them out the cup.

Will be much harder through there though. Thomson is too old to play and he was brilliant last night. Sheps and obviously Kidd / Leahy are overage for that cup too. Not sure about Hendo but he didn't feature against Spartans or Albion Rovers so he's probably too old as well.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 06:14:45 PM

Bainsfordbairn2 wrote:
Dade wrote:Not sure what was said before but ended mainly with the Rangers coaching screaming that he's only 15 years old. Not sure why that was too relevant as if he was not physical enough to play at that level then don't play him.
Their coach - I think it's a guy called Graeme Murty - objected to a tackle and, as you say, complained that the player on the receiving end was only 15 years old. As if that meant we weren't allowed to put a challenge in. Maybs responded just as you did and the guy went mental. Typical Rangers mentality - they can't take it when they're getting beat and lose the plot. Had our strikers been even remotely clinical we would have given them a three or four goal drubbing.

As Kevin Keegan might say, I would love, love, love it if we fecked them over at Ibrox and put them out the cup.

Will be much harder through there though. Thomson is too old to play and he was brilliant last night. Sheps and obviously Kidd / Leahy are overage for that cup too. Not sure about Hendo but he didn't feature against Spartans or Albion Rovers so he's probably too old as well.
Thought it was something like that but that's ridiculous. Sure James McCarthy was 15 when he made his first team debut for Hamilton. Can you imagine Billy Reid expected him to get an easy time just because of his age!? My mate and I were also talking about Celtic playing that Dembele in a development league match at 13. Seems a bit irresponsible. Players can't be expected to treat others differently because of their age. It's the manager and parents responsibility to put a child in an environment where there at risk of being injured by much bigger players.

Thomson was excellent last night. The amount of times they ended Offside as well helped. Wasn't in a position to see if the calls were correct or not but seemed to happen an awful lot. The presence of Kidd and Leahy seemed to help steady the ship a lot as well. Sure they will all be big losses for the next match.