Warehouse / Old Martell

Random Thoughts - hobbies, film, other sport, books, rants, moans, news etc
Reserve first team

Warehouse / Old Martell

Postby Rosco » Tuesday 31st 2016f May 2016 05:18:48 PM

Hate to call into question appropriateness of businesses that are in some ways bringing back much needed life back to Falkirk but there doesn't appear to be a week goes by without some incident from this place. Tragically on Saturday.

Seems to be drawing in a lot of unpleasant folk.

Was in a couple of pubs up Falkirk recently (Tav being one). What's happened to Falkirk? It was like a Glasgow overflow midden. Seems a lot of neds about. Is it just me?

Not all bad, artisan tap BTW (even sportsters which used to be the worst seems ok in comparison) and most of the town seems okay but there's definitely hot spots that seem total hell holes! more than there used to be.

maybe I'm just a snob but it seems worse than circa ten years ago... rant over.. want best for the town. just worried by what i'm seeing.

First Team superstar

Re: Warehouse / Old Martell

Postby Dade » Tuesday 31st 2016f May 2016 06:46:17 PM

Not sure if it is related to the Warehouse but I was just reading up about that boy that was murdered at the Canal just behind there after a Saturday night out in the town. Really tragic for the boys friends family to have his life ended by a couple of scumbags.

I live in Glasgow so hardly go out in Falkirk but anytime I do there seems to be more incidents that occur and more aggro amongst folk than anytime I'm out in Glasgow. Always associated that with the big fish in a small pond mentality as some people are keen to claim the reputation of a hardman in front of others. Maybe it's looking back at it with tinted glasses on but I can't remember being that much bother when I started going up the town.

First Team sub

Postby Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 01st 2016f June 2016 01:17:40 PM

We live in the Castings area and unfortunately there has been an increase in noise / disturbances around Grahams Road since the Martell changed hands culminating in the tragedy at the weekend.
Shakey Jr [who is 23] and his mates wont go near the place as its policy of dirt cheap drink is attracting the dregs of the town like flies to a coos er$e.
Even walking down Grahams Road after a night in the town has become more of an adventure.
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

First Team superstar

Postby Dade » Wednesday 01st 2016f June 2016 01:25:17 PM

Last time I was out in Falkirk was after the Hibs playoff win. Got a taxi home and saw a lot of commotion happening outside the front door of the warehouse on our way passed. Storm isn't any better right enough! Never been there without seeing trouble and last time I was in the city it felt like a fight could start at any minute. Town seems to be full of bell ends.

Reserve first team

Postby Rosco » Wednesday 01st 2016f June 2016 04:02:01 PM

Like you Dade I was wondering if I was looking through rose tinted specks to old times but I really don't think I am. The quality of punter in the town has taken a nose dive since i first started going out in Falkirk in the mid 2000s.

the new normal seems to be the maniquee..!? Wtf has happened.

honestly, im no joking the clientele in that "The Tav" bar was like a sick parody of Hogarth's Gin Lane :shock: . junkies, neds, wee lassies coked up.. Mill inn too on the way back from a game..old boys with tattoos on their faces...can't speak for drink. . maybe i've just been unlucky.

It's weird you hear of lots of people moving into the area for an easy commute, Kelpies, Helix and all the good. But the nightlife and the high street have taken a turn.

Reserve first team

Postby Rosco » Wednesday 01st 2016f June 2016 04:08:28 PM

Bernard Shakey wrote:Shakey Jr [who is 23] and his mates wont go near the place as its policy of dirt cheap drink is attracting the dregs of the town like flies to a coos er$e.
Even walking down Grahams Road after a night in the town has become more of an adventure.

The need to look at their pricing. free entry and pound drinks are great for students but it's not attracting decent folk. it's attracting an underclass. folk are getting tanked up in the schemes and hitting this place. The Warehouse isn't at fault clearly for the actions of mindless idiots but there has to be a way of stopping wee bams entering. you'd never get into rosies if you were a wee bam.

First Team superstar

Postby Dade » Wednesday 01st 2016f June 2016 10:55:42 PM

Rosco wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Shakey Jr [who is 23] and his mates wont go near the place as its policy of dirt cheap drink is attracting the dregs of the town like flies to a coos er$e.

The need to look at their pricing. free entry and pound drinks are great for students but it's not attracting decent folk. it's attracting an underclass. folk are getting tanked up in the schemes and hitting this place. The Warehouse isn't at fault clearly for the actions of mindless idiots but there has to be a way of stopping wee bams entering. you'd never get into rosies if you were a wee bam.

I always thought that about Rosies too. Had a better atmosphere than the City and felt more like people were there to have a good time than to look hard.

One of Falkirks biggest problems is that it doesn't have a strong student culture. Students largely just want to go out and have a good time without any bother. In places with Universities there is enough people to pick and choose your clientele. Unfortunately Falkirk pubs mainly have to accept whoever comes through the door. Wetherspoons pretty much killed the town as it led to the closure of Austins and then Finns. It was good to begin with but soon people realised that the cheap drink wasn't worth the poor atmosphere or putting up with the jakey customers. Thankfully Behind the Wall survived although there are plenty of tools that go there too.

International Sub

Postby lewfal » Monday 06th 2016f June 2016 09:34:32 AM

Tend to just stick to the decent pubs in town. BTW and Artisan Tap are no brainers for me. Always good experiences in both and a better clientele. Quite enjoy the Welly, Scotia, Tolbooth but don't frequent them.

Would rather go to Storm than City but don't go to either. Avoid Warehouse at all costs. Sooner that's shut down, the better

Reserve first team

Postby Rosco » Monday 06th 2016f June 2016 12:20:54 PM

last comment on this as i don't want to depress things further haha..

But on Friday night I saw a new one. Outside Rialtos..wee neds wearing OO Flute Band polo shirts. I mean that just wouldn't be tolerated by door staff not even five years ago. Poor.

Reserve sub

Postby PG.Colossus » Monday 06th 2016f June 2016 06:23:30 PM

Rosco wrote:last comment on this as i don't want to depress things further haha..

But on Friday night I saw a new one. Outside Rialtos..wee neds wearing OO Flute Band polo shirts. I mean that just wouldn't be tolerated by door staff not even five years ago. Poor.

Absolute c*cks. For me, that's akin to heading out wearing a KKK mask. The police should be clamping down on nonsense like this - antagonistic, intimidatory and unnecessary bile. Clearly a breach of the peace but what chance do we have when the authorities are actually paying for these bigots to march and celebrate their crap.

Return to Random Thoughts