Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Random Thoughts - hobbies, film, other sport, books, rants, moans, news etc
Post Reply
User avatar
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 407
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2010f May 2010 09:37:22 AM
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey

Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Creative Redemption » Saturday 18th 2015f April 2015 10:40:42 AM

Not in to UFC at all, but a mate at work started talking about this fight and it got me entrigued.
Jose Aldo, Brazillian, unbeaten in 10 years, and Connor McGregor from Ireland the up and coming lunatic. They fight July 11th with McGregor being a complete mental case in the lead up. Aldo just seems cool as hell. Watched quite a bit of them both now on YouTube and thinking it will be some fight, with Aldo hopefully winning.
Any of you fuds in to this and have I'm sure far better in sight in to this fight than me?
I'm actually thinking about purchasing pay per view for it, which I would only ever do for boxing.
Very interested to hear what others have to say in this.
Even if this is not your thing, you should check it out on YouTube. Great entertainment between them.
Here comes the doom.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by geeo41 » Sunday 19th 2015f April 2015 11:59:10 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:Not in to UFC at all, but a mate at work started talking about this fight and it got me entrigued.
Jose Aldo, Brazillian, unbeaten in 10 years, and Connor McGregor from Ireland the up and coming lunatic. They fight July 11th with McGregor being a complete mental case in the lead up. Aldo just seems cool as hell. Watched quite a bit of them both now on YouTube and thinking it will be some fight, with Aldo hopefully winning.
Any of you fuds in to this and have I'm sure far better in sight in to this fight than me?
I'm actually thinking about purchasing pay per view for it, which I would only ever do for boxing.
Very interested to hear what others have to say in this.
Even if this is not your thing, you should check it out on YouTube. Great entertainment between them.
Your the fud.

User avatar
Falkirk-Jack-FFC
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 164
Joined: Sunday 18th 2008f May 2008 08:16:22 PM

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Falkirk-Jack-FFC » Monday 20th 2015f April 2015 01:07:52 PM

Never really been into UFC but mad McGregor has got me really interested. The guy is just a lunatic and he has backed it up every time from what ave seen on youtube but this Aldo is no mug. Never watched a live fight before but making an effort for this one
Things You Wouldn't Hear on Songs of Praise ,, Frankie Boyle "Hello Canterbury , Lets make some f****** noise"

User avatar
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 407
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2010f May 2010 09:37:22 AM
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 21st 2015f April 2015 06:47:02 AM

geeo41 wrote:
Creative Redemption wrote:Not in to UFC at all, but a mate at work started talking about this fight and it got me entrigued.
Jose Aldo, Brazillian, unbeaten in 10 years, and Connor McGregor from Ireland the up and coming lunatic. They fight July 11th with McGregor being a complete mental case in the lead up. Aldo just seems cool as hell. Watched quite a bit of them both now on YouTube and thinking it will be some fight, with Aldo hopefully winning.
Any of you fuds in to this and have I'm sure far better in sight in to this fight than me?
I'm actually thinking about purchasing pay per view for it, which I would only ever do for boxing.
Very interested to hear what others have to say in this.
Even if this is not your thing, you should check it out on YouTube. Great entertainment between them.
Your the fud.
It's "you're", you illiterate little girl. At least try if you are going to act like a fanny.
Here comes the doom.

User avatar
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 407
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2010f May 2010 09:37:22 AM
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 21st 2015f April 2015 06:50:03 AM

Falkirk-Jack-FFC wrote:Never really been into UFC but mad McGregor has got me really interested. The guy is just a lunatic and he has backed it up every time from what ave seen on youtube but this Aldo is no mug. Never watched a live fight before but making an effort for this one
I'm the same, but it does look like it could be some fight.
McGregor is a lunatic, but Aldo is a beast in that weight class.
Will probably pay to watch it as its could be something special.
Here comes the doom.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4972
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Pete » Tuesday 21st 2015f April 2015 01:22:43 PM

Hopefully its a good fight, Aldo is a class act but Macgregor is getting better each fight and it looks like hes starting to get under Aldos skin which is unusual.

I think Aldo will be too good for him but you never know.

User avatar
Mulson
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 807
Joined: Friday 19th 2005f August 2005 06:07:45 PM

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Mulson » Tuesday 21st 2015f April 2015 01:54:33 PM

I don't think Aldo will take any chances with McGregor and will just take him down and dominate him on the ground which will make for a pish poor fight tbh, will all depend on how well McGregor deals with Aldo's take down attempts IMO and/or how quickly he can get back to his feet.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4674
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Aldo v McGregor UFC July 11th

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 30th 2015f April 2015 01:18:38 PM

Aldo to win and win easy! Mcgregor hasn't been up against any class act yet, he's used his mouth to get this title shot.

Whats all this stuff about Aldo taking Mcgregor to the ground? Whilst Aldo is a BJJ black belt, how many submisions has he had?

Watch the Aldo vs Faber fight, to see what is going to happen, Aldo will chop at McGregor's lead leg, so much he'll have to change stance then get destroyed. In fact since we don't know Mcgregors bottle so Aldo might stop him with leg kicks. Search Aldo Faber leg on google images. Ouch!
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest