Giro d'Italia

Random Thoughts - hobbies, film, other sport, books, rants, moans, news etc
alba bairn

Giro d'Italia

Post by alba bairn » Friday 09th 2014f May 2014 11:24:23 PM

Dan Martin crashes out in TTT. Not the first time he has had that misfortune. I am going for a Quintana overall gc and kom, with Kittel for top points sprinter.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Giro d'Italia

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 10th 2014f May 2014 06:58:29 AM

Gutting for Dan Martin, his luck in the last few weeks has been really non existent.

I find it utterly outrageous that Ireland is hosting the start if the Giro d'Italia this weekend & the British Immigration Agency has been refusing riders visas to enter the country.
With the Tour de France starting in Yorkshire, in July, if it happens again I can't see pro Cycling teams rushing back to compete here.
What a showered fuds, do they actually realise how much cash these events generate?
I wonder how many Yanks will be refused at the Ryder Cup?

What would have happened, had the teams entered at Dublin & travelled North? You think the British Govt. would be running about hastily erecting a border fence? I could just imagine the peleton being chased around the countryside by 'snatch squads'.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Saturday 10th 2014f May 2014 08:02:06 AM

Kiddy wrote:Gutting for Dan Martin, his luck in the last few weeks has been really non existent.

I find it utterly outrageous that Ireland is hosting the start if the Giro d'Italia this weekend & the British Immigration Agency has been refusing riders visas to enter the country.
With the Tour de France starting in Yorkshire, in July, if it happens again I can't see pro Cycling teams rushing back to compete here.
What a showered fuds, do they actually realise how much cash these events generate?
I wonder how many Yanks will be refused at the Ryder Cup?

What would have happened, had the teams entered at Dublin & travelled North? You think the British Govt. would be running about hastily erecting a border fence? I could just imagine the peleton being chased around the countryside by 'snatch squads'.
UKIP/TORY immigration policy in action maybe ?

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Tuesday 27th 2014f May 2014 08:27:07 AM

Big stage today with the Gavia and Stelvio. This is where Quintana needs to make his move - if he has the legs.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Tuesday 27th 2014f May 2014 09:11:36 AM

alba bairn wrote:Big stage today with the Gavia and Stelvio. This is where Quintana needs to make his move - if he has the legs.
That's if they're included, reports of snow. Quintana just slowly chipping away at Urans lead. Think he'll blow them all out on the Zoncolan on Saturday.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Tuesday 27th 2014f May 2014 09:38:27 AM

Kiddy wrote:
alba bairn wrote:Big stage today with the Gavia and Stelvio. This is where Quintana needs to make his move - if he has the legs.
That's if they're included, reports of snow. Quintana just slowly chipping away at Urans lead. Think he'll blow them all out on the Zoncolan on Saturday.
Thats what I reckon in my "fantasy cycling" site I've got that stage as my "bonus stage". The Stelvio today https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BooEdNqIUAAcXXm.jpg:large

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Tuesday 27th 2014f May 2014 02:31:27 PM

Snowing on the Stelvio

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 28th 2014f May 2014 12:32:19 AM

Horrible conditions, but a great attack by Quintana. Felt sorry for Hesjedal, that's the best he's ridden since he won it.

As for the neutralising the stage argument, didn't stop Cotaldo putting in a major effort, so, IMO, the race was on. If certain riders weren't capable of taking the risk, that's their look out. It's what differentiates Champpions from allso rans.

It's a two horse race, & the momentum's all with Quintana. Can see him winning by 7 or 8 mins when the race finishes.

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Sunday 01st 2014f June 2014 05:35:34 PM

Should have put my half crown on Quintana right enough.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Friday 01st 2015f May 2015 05:59:37 PM

Just a week until 2015's edition starts. I'm going for Porte.

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Friday 01st 2015f May 2015 10:28:14 PM

Kiddy wrote:Just a week until 2015's edition starts. I'm going for Porte.
Porte and Contador basically joint favourites. I wouldn't discount Aru or Pozzovivo who could maybe snatch a lead and hold on to it. Then Uran has been very decent so far this season, and is still only 28 (I thought he'd be about 38 he's been around so long). If Aru can get an early stage win somehow then he might just hold on. Sky will have the strongest team (imo), so Porte for me is the favourite. Then, we've got to take account of the weather......look what happened in previous years especially with Wiggins.

Falkirk Till I Die
International superstar
International superstar

Post by Falkirk Till I Die » Saturday 02nd 2015f May 2015 08:17:30 AM

alba bairn wrote:Then, we've got to take account who takes the most amount of drugs to win
Fixed it for you.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Monday 11th 2015f May 2015 03:29:35 PM

Domencico Pozzivivo has a very heavy crash on a descent. Did NOT look good, with what appeared to be a large amount of blood coming from the head. On the 4th anniversary of Wouter Weylandt's death on the Giro.
Can only hope it's not serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Q8wMukifQ

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Wednesday 13th 2015f May 2015 11:28:29 AM

Aru to make a move today on that final 14k climb. This will see who has the legs.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Thursday 14th 2015f May 2015 09:27:21 PM

Ouch! Quick, where's the drugs when you need them? Pile up in todays sprint finish.

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Friday 15th 2015f May 2015 06:50:49 AM

Contador may not start S7. If he's out looks like its between Aru and Porte.

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Sunday 17th 2015f May 2015 01:10:24 PM

Aru and Porte should apply the pressure again today, although it looks like there is heehaw wrong with Alberto C.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 17th 2015f May 2015 02:12:24 PM

alba bairn wrote:Aru and Porte should apply the pressure again today, although it looks like there is heehaw wrong with Alberto C.
Though suspicion surrounds Astana & Arau, I'd agree. AC's been found out overplaying injury over the past year, "broken leg" & now "dislocated shoulder".
Personally, since being caught, I've zero respect for him & guys like him should have been binned.
It was highlighted in a documentary, about Tinko/Saxoff last year when on a pre-season paintball session, the first thing his DS & he did, was cheat.
#scumbag

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 17th 2015f May 2015 08:32:34 PM

Astana are starting to do my nut in. There's no way they can keep this up for three weeks. 3 in the top 5 & have AC + RP isolated every day? FRO!

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Tuesday 19th 2015f May 2015 06:24:16 PM

2 horse race now, or can Porte pull back the time in the ITT?