PFA Pitch Ratings Report

Other Football - Other leagues & the SPL, our rivals, international football etc
rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

PFA Pitch Ratings Report

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 01:14:58 PM

Interesting that we came 6th out of all the pitches in the Championship and 25th of all 42 league clubs.

Could this study beg the question: Does our pitch help or hinder the team overall.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Re: PFA Pitch Ratings Report

Post by Dade » Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 01:55:35 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 01:14:58 PM
Interesting that we came 6th out of all the pitches in the Championship and 25th of all 42 league clubs.

Could this study beg the question: Does our pitch help or hinder the team overall.
Doesn’t matter whether it’s a bog or a crap AstroTurf both teams have to play on it and the advantage should always be to those who play on it the most. Last seasons poor results were nothing to do with the pitch.

You know what it’s like playing on AstroTurf. Sometimes the surface plays a bit different depending on the weather but you just have to adjust accordingly. Grass isn’t much different in that respect.

I do get the point players sometimes make about the surfaces being a bit tougher on joints. Since I never play on grass anymore I don’t have too much comparison but I would be interested to see stats on the number of injuries on plastic pitches vs grass. Our players have to play on astroturf everyday and as far as I’m aware there hasn’t been more injuries to our squad compared to when we played on grass.
Last edited by Dade on Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 05:33:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 02:29:02 PM

Who's been badly injured on our pitch?

Joe McKee when he played for Morton, was an accident. David Mitchell last year. I don't think the pitch can be blamed for either.

Certainly less than I feared when we installed it.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 25th 2018f September 2018 07:56:46 AM

I can't help but feel the is some effort by the dinosaurs running our game to slowly crank up the pressure to move back to grass.

It's like folk are pretending the likes of Motherwell's surface don't exist. There was a period a few years back that that surface was about as dangerous as it got (when they could actually put a game on in winter).
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.