Leicester sack Ranieri

Other Football - Other leagues & the SPL, our rivals, international football etc
Post Reply
User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20351
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Kiddy » Thursday 23rd 2017f February 2017 09:58:01 PM

Words fail me, I don't know who, or what, Leicester's owners think they are?

Think they have just rubber stamped their relegation.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Dade » Thursday 23rd 2017f February 2017 10:50:47 PM

You only have to look at this forum to see how fickle football fans can be! Plenty asking for Houston's head this season after an amazing season last year.

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 658
Joined: Thursday 29th 2009f January 2009 04:04:38 PM

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by stupac07 » Friday 24th 2017f February 2017 09:32:51 AM

Dade wrote:You only have to look at this forum to see how fickle football fans can be! Plenty asking for Houston's head this season after an amazing season last year.
An 'amazing' season is stretching it a bit what did we win? we got beat in the play offs against a poor Killie team and got put out of both cups early on. Not disagreeing that those asking for Houstons head were right to do so but saying last season was 'amazing' is a bit much.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Dade » Friday 24th 2017f February 2017 10:41:22 AM

stupac07 wrote:
Dade wrote:You only have to look at this forum to see how fickle football fans can be! Plenty asking for Houston's head this season after an amazing season last year.
An 'amazing' season is stretching it a bit what did we win? we got beat in the play offs against a poor Killie team and got put out of both cups early on. Not disagreeing that those asking for Houstons head were right to do so but saying last season was 'amazing' is a bit much.
As a normal season goes for Falkirk, last year felt pretty good to me. Exceeded expectations in a tough Championship. Can't mind any time we've done better than expected in a league.

User avatar
Bula Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1902
Joined: Saturday 26th 2004f June 2004 08:59:29 AM

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Bula Bairn » Friday 24th 2017f February 2017 06:17:15 PM

Shocking decision. Hope they get relegated now.

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20351
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Kiddy » Friday 24th 2017f February 2017 07:34:25 PM

I think Gary Lineker has summed up the historical Leicester supports dismay at these events. Dismay that every fan, of clubs with little hope of silverware, can concur with.
Ranieri's achievement should have brought him time enough to survive a relegation & an attempt at a return to the English top division, before this sort of pressure came to the fore. Even then, I think the man would have walked away first, before having his tenure terminated.
Only last seasons late arrivals, & the media, have be calling for his head.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 658
Joined: Thursday 29th 2009f January 2009 04:04:38 PM

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by stupac07 » Saturday 25th 2017f February 2017 01:06:36 PM

Kiddy wrote:I think Gary Lineker has summed up the historical Leicester supports dismay at these events. Dismay that every fan, of clubs with little hope of silverware, can concur with.
Ranieri's achievement should have brought him time enough to survive a relegation & an attempt at a return to the English top division, before this sort of pressure came to the fore. Even then, I think the man would have walked away first, before having his tenure terminated.
Only last seasons late arrivals, & the media, have be calling for his head.
Not according to the papers Schimeichel, Morgan and Vardy where amongst those calling for his head. Sickening though I hope they get relegated and never return.

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20351
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: Leicester sack Ranieri

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 26th 2017f February 2017 01:01:30 AM

stupac07 wrote:
Kiddy wrote:I think Gary Lineker has summed up the historical Leicester supports dismay at these events. Dismay that every fan, of clubs with little hope of silverware, can concur with.
Ranieri's achievement should have brought him time enough to survive a relegation & an attempt at a return to the English top division, before this sort of pressure came to the fore. Even then, I think the man would have walked away first, before having his tenure terminated.
Only last seasons late arrivals, & the media, have be calling for his head.
Not according to the papers Schimeichel, Morgan and Vardy where amongst those calling for his head. Sickening though I hope they get relegated and never return.
Merson, Thomson, Nicholas & Le Tissier pretty scathing, on SSN, regards the players today. In that only Schmeichel had commented on social media in the subsequent 24 hrs since the announcement, when players nowadays tend to post at the drop of a hat.
Then lo & behold they all start posting!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39093177
Cnuts.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest