Big Sam

Other Football - Other leagues & the SPL, our rivals, international football etc
rusty_nail
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Big Sam

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 27th 2016f September 2016 08:04:18 PM

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Re: Big Sam

Post by Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 28th 2016f September 2016 04:26:50 PM

Utter stupidity driven by greed.
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by Quidsin » Wednesday 28th 2016f September 2016 08:55:37 PM

Must be the most successful England manager of all time with 100% record.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
Houston we have a problem - we need an East Terrace

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 29th 2016f September 2016 02:40:16 PM

Pure greed. On £3m/year and still feels the need to abuse his position to rake in more. Apparently it was well known that he was at this for years though so makes you wonder why they employed him in the 1st place or exactly how rife this in football management that he was the pick of the bunch.

Pretty sure Harry Redknapp is up to his eyeballs in this kind of dealing as well.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 29th 2016f September 2016 04:05:14 PM

When I was in the US earlier this year there was a big sex scandal story in one of their magazines involving Alan Pardew.
Apparently, here in the UK, he has a super injunction out banning the press from revealing the story.
An unsavoury bunch.
As you say, it doesn't seem to matter how much they are earning, greed takes over.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Friday 30th 2016f September 2016 12:03:40 PM

dixie chicken wrote:When I was in the US earlier this year there was a big sex scandal story in one of their magazines involving Alan Pardew.
Apparently, here in the UK, he has a super injunction out banning the press from revealing the story.
An unsavoury bunch.
As you say, it doesn't seem to matter how much they are earning, greed takes over.
Can't say that this surprises me either
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Bernard Shakey » Friday 30th 2016f September 2016 04:12:12 PM

dixie chicken wrote:When I was in the US earlier this year there was a big sex scandal story in one of their magazines involving Alan Pardew.
An unsavoury bunch.
Go on then defy the injunction give us the gory details!
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Friday 30th 2016f September 2016 04:34:02 PM

Bernard Shakey wrote:
An unsavoury bunch.
Go on then defy the injunction give us the gory details!
It was all about big money hookers in hotel rooms after games.
Was in National Enquirer.
Didn't bother buying one but headlines were on front page.
Apparently, the EPL is quite big in the US.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Monday 03rd 2016f October 2016 12:25:08 PM

What did big Sam actually do? Suggest that there were ways around 3rd party ownership of players? Is that it? That and making speeches to investors about 3rd party player ownership 4 times a year, in the far east? What exactly did he do wrong?

If someone offered me ludicrous money(£400k a year) to speak to investors at some event(s) I'd jump at it. I really don't see what the big deal is.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Silver
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Silver » Monday 03rd 2016f October 2016 08:54:01 PM

John Markie wrote:What did big Sam actually do? Suggest that there were ways around 3rd party ownership of players? Is that it? That and making speeches to investors about 3rd party player ownership 4 times a year, in the far east? What exactly did he do wrong?

If someone offered me ludicrous money(£400k a year) to speak to investors at some event(s) I'd jump at it. I really don't see what the big deal is.
:hammer:

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 04th 2016f October 2016 09:14:45 PM

Silver wrote:
John Markie wrote:What did big Sam actually do? Suggest that there were ways around 3rd party ownership of players? Is that it? That and making speeches to investors about 3rd party player ownership 4 times a year, in the far east? What exactly did he do wrong?

:hammer:
What? Really its pretty basic isn't it. There are rules and there are ways around them. Why they actually needed Allardyce's advice to get around these rules is more of a mystery than him actually taking up the offer. Please explain exactly what he did wrong ?

I kinda agree with him that it was "entrapment".

A lot of England fans are delighted he's gone - but Southgate replacing him is quite humorous in my opinion. Undoubtedly England will win the matches as the opposition isn't up to much is it? They will likely rattle a good few past us for example, and I expect a double figure win for them against Malta.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 06th 2016f October 2016 12:48:51 PM

The likes of Allardyce and RedKnapp are part of the old school of football management when bungs were simply a common occurence. Unfortunately for Allardyce he's still carrying on as he did all those years ago and it just doent fit these days.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 06th 2016f October 2016 01:16:50 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:The likes of Allardyce and RedKnapp are part of the old school of football management when bungs were simply a common occurence. Unfortunately for Allardyce he's still carrying on as he did all those years ago and it just doent fit these days.
Technically it wasn't really a bung. Or was it? I don't think he needed to resign - I'd have stood my ground and let them sack me, then get even more off them for unfair dismissal. No?

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Thursday 06th 2016f October 2016 03:35:00 PM

I think they looked even more dimly on the fact he was advising people how to get round FA registration rules, while he was employed by the FA!

Rightly emptied.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."