Rangers titles - strip or not?

Other Football - Other leagues & the SPL, our rivals, international football etc

Should Rangers have the titles they won during the EBT years taken away?

Yes
67%
No
8%
They're a new club anyway so the titles aren't theirs in the 1st place
25%

Total votes: 24

johnnyecosse
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Rangers titles - strip or not?

Post by johnnyecosse » Thursday 12th 2015f November 2015 07:56:28 PM

Time for a poll :D

Helensbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Re: Rangers titles - strip or not?

Post by Helensbairn » Thursday 12th 2015f November 2015 08:20:45 PM

As someone from the club (don't know who, and didn't hear the full report on TV) has indicated that some players would not have signed for Rangers if the EBTs had not been on offer, then clearly an on-field advantage was gained by having them. Therefore any competitions won were not legitimate.

johnnyecosse
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by johnnyecosse » Thursday 12th 2015f November 2015 08:58:06 PM

Helensbairn wrote:As someone from the club (don't know who, and didn't hear the full report on TV) has indicated that some players would not have signed for Rangers if the EBTs had not been on offer, then clearly an on-field advantage was gained by having them. Therefore any competitions won were not legitimate.
Might you be referring to Lord Drummond Young?

Lord Drummond Young himself said in his ruling that if the club hadn't operated the EBT scheme, some players "might well have taken their services elsewhere".

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Friday 13th 2015f November 2015 12:32:55 PM

Dave King said it as well, in a rare sensible moment back in 2012.

Of course they should be stripped, and yes, they belong to the old club, not the current tribute act. Even Charlie Chuckles' lawyer admitted that in court yesterday.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Helensbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Helensbairn » Friday 13th 2015f November 2015 01:18:20 PM

Helensbairn wrote:As someone from the club (don't know who, and didn't hear the full report on TV) has indicated that some players would not have signed for Rangers if the EBTs had not been on offer, then clearly an on-field advantage was gained by having them. Therefore any competitions won were not legitimate.
No, it was at the beginning of Reporting Scotland last night, but I didn't hear any mention of it in the main sports section.

Helensbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Helensbairn » Friday 13th 2015f November 2015 01:20:53 PM

Sorry, replied to my own post. :farmer:

Should have been to Johnnyecosse.

knee jerk reaction
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by knee jerk reaction » Friday 13th 2015f November 2015 02:41:52 PM

Stefan Klos was on the same money as David Beckham, and was one of the highest paid players in the world! Would he and other have been at rangers if 50% of their wages were going to the taxman? The answer is obvious, just look at the scottish players who bailed as soon as wage cuts were mentioned there.
The saddest thing about the whole rangers tax saga is the incredible number of rangers fans who are willing to condone millionaires avoiding tax because they played for rangers! If we were every in a position where the club and players were somehow cheating, I hope falkirk fans would condem them and not make excuses for them just because we support the club.

johnnyecosse
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by johnnyecosse » Saturday 14th 2015f November 2015 10:35:06 PM

knee jerk reaction wrote:Stefan Klos was on the same money as David Beckham, and was one of the highest paid players in the world! Would he and other have been at rangers if 50% of their wages were going to the taxman? The answer is obvious, just look at the scottish players who bailed as soon as wage cuts were mentioned there.
The saddest thing about the whole rangers tax saga is the incredible number of rangers fans who are willing to condone millionaires avoiding tax because they played for rangers! If we were every in a position where the club and players were somehow cheating, I hope falkirk fans would condem them and not make excuses for them just because we support the club.
I seem to recall that Rangers, in their greed, claimed their insurance company for Klos's injury that kept him out for a long time. The claim was for his wage as declared and his EBT! Proof that even they saw it as earnings.

Bootneck Bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Bootneck Bairn » Sunday 15th 2015f November 2015 10:04:20 PM

Personally, I don't really care. It makes no difference to us, or any of the teams playing these days. Nobody will get more money. Nobody will qualify for any Euro competitions.

I just want the whole bloody thing to end. Its ridiculous and embarrassing.
Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley...

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 15th 2015f November 2015 11:09:01 PM

Bootneck Bairn wrote:Personally, I don't really care. It makes no difference to us, or any of the teams playing these days. Nobody will get more money. Nobody will qualify for any Euro competitions.

I just want the whole bloody thing to end. Its ridiculous and embarrassing.
I know, feckin brilliant, ay?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by billybairn » Wednesday 02nd 2015f December 2015 01:30:39 PM

Hell, yeah!