Rangers

Other Football - Other leagues & the SPL, our rivals, international football etc
falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub

Re: Rangers

Post by falkirk daft » Monday 13th 2012f February 2012 11:44:14 PM

Back Post Misses wrote: Ten points penalty is just not a deterrent for clubs. For me automatic relegation to the bottom tier of the leagues is the only way you will force clubs to manatectheir affairs within their means.

Yep.
And the rules will probably be changed AFTER the SPL deal with Rangers
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Bernard Shakey » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 12:16:52 AM

[quote="Back Post Misses"]Behind all the laughs and jokes about this there will be a developing human story. People will lose their jobs probably and suppliers will lose money in both revenue terms and outstanding debt. This is not a Gretna or an Airdrie we are talking about. Suppliers will be into them for big bucks I would assume. That will, in the current climate, lead to a domino effect and other companies will go putting others out of work.

Unfortunately it's the way of the world, few people give a stuff for the workers and even less for suppliers I'm afraid.
I hope that you are not too exposed.
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 01:08:26 AM

Completely disagree with Graham Speirs on Newsnight Scotland saying the demise of Rangers would make the SPL and the rest of Scottish Football seem less attractive package. He's forgetting the fans want a radical shake up of the game and that means a bigger more exciting top League, with OR WITHOUT the Old Firm. To suggest the demise of Rangers sounds the death knell for Scottish Football is complete nonsense. Quite the opposite.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

welshbairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by welshbairn » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 01:10:29 AM

Quote from Rangersmedia poster re HMRC...
I have to say no wonder the British state has so many problems these days when it treats one of the best friends they will ever have like this.
:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

falkirkmaniac
Well New

Post by falkirkmaniac » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 01:21:27 AM

HMRC ARE THE PEOPLE! :lol: :lol:

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 03:39:26 AM

Quidsin wrote:Completely disagree with Graham Speirs on Newsnight Scotland saying the demise of Rangers would make the SPL and the rest of Scottish Football seem less attractive package. He's forgetting the fans want a radical shake up of the game and that means a bigger more exciting top League, with OR WITHOUT the Old Firm. To suggest the demise of Rangers sounds the death knell for Scottish Football is complete nonsense. Quite the opposite.
Just remember where you heard the "mass administration" theory 1st.... :lol: :lol:

Calvin
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Calvin » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 04:10:43 AM

welshbairn wrote:Image
Brilliant Welshbairn! Either you or folk on the internet are brilliant these days :D

Looks like a ploy to dodge the tax bill but a very dangerous path to go down
Can't see them disappearing altogether as not many clubs have despite a lot of debt and winding up orders up and down the country - the wheel will just get re-invented.
Any players in the team that could do a job for us? :eyebrow:

joshthebairn
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by joshthebairn » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 06:32:42 AM

Some very valid points being put across here, but does anyone seriously believe the mugs at the SFA will let this happen?

I think at this stage, it is the time to deduct points, but i dont see that happening either because that would mean Motherwell or Hearts could gain a champions league spot which would suit them SFA although it is debatable wether these teams will have more success than our current "big guns".
As for the idea that ive heard been thrown around, a drop in leagues to the 3rd, i would like to see this implemented as it would mean a complete power shift in the scotish game and a complete revamp with two top leagues with Rangers going down to the bottom league would be the most realistic if it was to implementent as they would only need one year to come back up unlike the 3 if they were to keep things the way they are.

As much as it pains me to watch our game fall into disrepair, this is the kick in the arse that Doncaster and his chums need to radically change the game.
Quidsin wrote:Another possible major implication is the voting system in the SPL. Would this affect Rangers vote on the SPL board if they are run by administrators? More importantly, would it affect their stance on League re-construction if it was in their long term interests to switch to a 16/18 team SPL; the Administrators may think so and could vote that way if they are effectively running the Club. We all know the OF vote together in order to protect their financial interests. But if Rangers' vote was even declared void this would isolate Celtic against the rest. A vote for a top tier 16/18 teams could go through '10 to 1' with Rangers vote no longer valid. This could be a great day for Scottish Football.
Time for change!

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 06:42:53 AM

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Back Post Misses wrote:Behind all the laughs and jokes about this there will be a developing human story. People will lose their jobs probably and suppliers will lose money in both revenue terms and outstanding debt. This is not a Gretna or an Airdrie we are talking about. Suppliers will be into them for big bucks I would assume. That will, in the current climate, lead to a domino effect and other companies will go putting others out of work.

Unfortunately it's the way of the world, few people give a stuff for the workers and even less for suppliers I'm afraid.
I hope that you are not too exposed.
Not too bad. We got paid from them last week and have nothing overdue. Just recent bills which won't hurt too much but I could do without.

grahamston
International Regular
International Regular

Post by grahamston » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 07:51:34 AM

Quidsin wrote:
welshbairn wrote:
He's rapidly becoming my hero.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or perhaps more like this!
PLAY-OFF CHARGE!

grahamston
International Regular
International Regular

Post by grahamston » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 07:56:29 AM

Surely the strategic objective has to be to get them out of the SPL? Can't see it happening, but you'd see the backside falling out of the TV deal quicksmart, which would precipitate some kind of change.

Fair point re creditors and job losses, but that aside, I have zero sympathy for this club or its supporters given their behaviour over the years.

Shellick will enjoy the short-term Schadenfreude and the confirmation that the league is theirs. But irrespective of what Lawwell says, this has to be a threat for them. You need an enemy in football.
PLAY-OFF CHARGE!

Bairn4Eva
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Bairn4Eva » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 08:52:31 AM

grahamston wrote:Surely the strategic objective has to be to get them out of the SPL? Can't see it happening, but you'd see the backside falling out of the TV deal quicksmart, which would precipitate some kind of change.

Fair point re creditors and job losses, but that aside, I have zero sympathy for this club or its supporters given their behaviour over the years.

Shellick will enjoy the short-term Schadenfreude and the confirmation that the league is theirs. But irrespective of what Lawwell says, this has to be a threat for them. You need an enemy in football.
Was flicking between phone ins last night and Derek Johnstone seems to believe Sky will still want to show Scottish football even with no Rangers or old firm games :lol:

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 09:11:04 AM

rangers wont go bust, they have too many fans and the spl wont allow it to happen anyway. it would be an incredible achievement for scottish football to bin the old firm to be honest but it will never happen

Romaines of the Day
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Romaines of the Day » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 09:57:33 AM

I had a wee chuckle when the young fan, interviewed by BBC, stated that it would be bad for Celtic because it would mean only them winning titles for the forseeable future and that no-one wants to see the same team winning season after season - a bad thing for Scottish football.

Something which of course never happened before :P
Last edited by Romaines of the Day on Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 09:58:11 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 09:58:03 AM

CRAIG_93_FFC wrote:rangers wont go bust, they have too many fans and the spl wont allow it to happen anyway. it would be an incredible achievement for scottish football to bin the old firm to be honest but it will never happen
Woolworths couldn't go bust though? They had millions of customers & had been around for eons, oh wait. :shock:
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Silver
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Silver » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 10:19:25 AM

Burgess
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Burgess » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 10:34:43 AM

could their be an extra promotion spot this year?

falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub

Post by falkirk daft » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 11:02:56 AM

Romaines of the Day wrote:I had a wee chuckle when the young fan, interviewed by BBC, stated that it would be bad for Celtic because it would mean only them winning titles for the forseeable future and that no-one wants to see the same team winning season after season - a bad thing for Scottish football.

Something which of course never happened before :P
It isn't just the irony of it was ok when Rangers hoovered up everything, what's so much better about 2 teams splitting the trophies compared with 1 team?
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 11:04:20 AM

Silver wrote:Image
I take it you tried resizing that, but they couldn't fit in anything smaller?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Silver
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Silver » Tuesday 14th 2012f February 2012 12:00:37 PM

Yep, XXXXL was the smallest they could do!