FFC v DAFC 29/12

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

FFC v DAFC 29/12

Post by John Markie » Friday 28th 2018f December 2018 11:48:43 PM

So here we are, rock bottom, allowing our rivals some sort of flag day at our stadium, with the worst squad in years and likely to have 6 defenders and a gk in the starting 11. Anyone daft enough to bet on us for a win? What I cant get over is we have actually managed to sell out the SS with such a sh1t team in a game we have almost zero chance of winning. Equally, I question my own sanity for being one of the mug punters daft enough to be going.

I am going to assume that we will continue with the "every point is a bonus" style that we have used since Mackinnon came in and will continue with the ultra defensive cr@p we have been forced to live with until the bright new dawn that will come (supposedly) in January. Ironically in a team full of defenders and left backs, we have just announced we have brought in another lb/cb (Dixon), presumably under the premise that a team full of left backs is the ultimate solution to every problem. Either that, or if rumours are true, we are also signing yet another centre back in Benedictus, that a team full of centre backs are the way forward (McGhee, Harrison, Dallison, Brough, Dixon, Muirhead, Benedictus). I think we are fecked if this is the way forward, but then I guess we have to get guys in, before we let the dross go.

Anyway, on to the game itself. So many questions, so little real choice in players now Paton has been suspended to top everything else off, and the manager so in love with his defenders, and out of love with his midfielders we will undoubtedly see Captain Chaos reprise his role of midfield general that he so magnificently failed at v Alloa.

I expect a serious pumping, around a 3-4 goal margin between the teams - but maybe thats just me being Mr Glass Half Empty. We'll see.

I expect us to line up along these lines.
-------------------Mitchell----------------------
Kidd--McGhee--Harrison--Brough--Robson
---------------Muirhead--Buaben--------------
-----------------------Irving---------------------
--------Petravicius-----Rudden---------------

unless MacKinnon can shoehorn in those fans favourites Dallison and Haber to make the defeat even more spectacular.

We are all mad to put up with this utter bollox.
Last edited by John Markie on Friday 28th 2018f December 2018 11:53:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: FFC v DAFC 29/12

Post by John Markie » Friday 28th 2018f December 2018 11:52:45 PM

obvs 29/12 not 20/12.....
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 12:33:31 AM

Poor as we undoubtedly are, I'm not sure Dunfermline are capable of dishing out a 3 or 4 goal hammering to anyone, they are not up to much either. On paper they are a decent side, and have much more attacking threat than us, but Johnston is a complete clown of a manager (fortunately). Think a low, possibly no-scoring s***fest is much more likely. Usually look forward to these games but not tomorrow, mainly because we are woeful but partly because we seem to play them about once a month these days which dilutes any sense of occasion. We've managed to sell out the SS, and a big home crowd always guarantees we'll turn in an absolute shocker.

Team selection should be a laugh - perm any three from an absolute pile of dross in midfield and can see us going one up top if Petravicius is not fit. The big consolation is that tomorrow should hopefully be the last time we set eyes on at least some of this bag of dross, so that will be something worth celebrating.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:15:27 AM

will be following this on Twitter and BBC feed from sunny Spain. hope we win and end a really poor half season on a high.

the team John Markie has put up will likely be the side. I actually think we might get something.

coyb
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 11:40:26 AM

Cannot believe how much apathy there is now around everyone. Before the clusterfeck of this season and those before it we would have had posts upon posts about this game against the fifers but until now 4 posts ( and one of them is just to change a date!!! )
Anyway bookies offering us a win at 9/2 and they are never far away so I guess we have nothing to look forward to today
Only thing now is a reappearance of slapheid par and our day is complete ffs

slapheidpar
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by slapheidpar » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 05:10:13 PM

Hiya Kemlin, hiya pal!! :clap:
'' Let me assure you there's more than one F in F*lkirk!"

slapheidpar
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by slapheidpar » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 05:25:28 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 12:33:31 AM
Poor as we undoubtedly are, I'm not sure Dunfermline are capable of dishing out a 3 or 4 goal hammering to anyone, they are not up to much either. On paper they are a decent side, and have much more attacking threat than us, but Johnston is a complete clown of a manager (fortunately). Think a low, possibly no-scoring s***fest is much more likely. Usually look forward to these games but not tomorrow, mainly because we are woeful but partly because we seem to play them about once a month these days which dilutes any sense of occasion. We've managed to sell out the SS, and a big home crowd always guarantees we'll turn in an absolute shocker.

Team selection should be a laugh - perm any three from an absolute pile of dross in midfield and can see us going one up top if Petravicius is not fit. The big consolation is that tomorrow should hopefully be the last time we set eyes on at least some of this bag of dross, so that will be something worth celebrating.
Taxi for a fanny! :joker:
'' Let me assure you there's more than one F in F*lkirk!"

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 06:06:39 PM

Every single one of that shower can go :x

There isn't a single one who I'd keep as they have now proven they don't have the ability or stomach for the fight.

On today I'd give Harrison 'praise' but only in so much as he showed more skill and composure than any of our other players possess for our 2nd goal.

Think I said it a few months ago in another thread but I now make us odds-on certainty to be relegated this year.

It's too late to turn this ship around and the January optimism will be another false dawn.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:10:48 PM

DIRE DIRE DIRE............don't know why i expected anything else but i thought when we went a goal up after 2 mins......oh hello maybe just maybe but then step forward our midfield and defence to conjure up a clusterfuk of epic proportions to gift those inbred fekkers an equaliser and then the defence decided to avoid any meaningful positioning in the box and hey ho in goes no.2 at the back post. i don't want to single out one player who typifies all that is wrong in that team but aaron muirehead is never a footballer in a month of sundays never mind the captain of our team a headless chicken would show more leadership than that impostor. the sooner he is shipped out along with the other 8-10 being mentioned the better.....we are heading for armageddon and campbell and lang are the most culpable and should do the decent thing. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:22:44 PM

Thank God it's another month before I have to watch that shower again.
I'm having serious doubts over Ray's ability to do anything with the squad at his disposal. He keeps playing the usual suspects, with the outcome on repeat. The inability to stop gifting goals, in this division, & keep clean sheets is mind boggling.
To send on a couple of young guys, who haven't been quoted all season, when 1-4 down, was nothing short of disgraceful.
Anybody out of contract this week is surely gone.
Oh, & take Airhead with you.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:44:21 PM

RM’s interview is a must.
Not the usual stuff.
Much more honest regarding the pile of s... we have.
Petra has serious injury and is in Lithuania.
Most of the new players will be in by mid January.
Very revealing

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:53:30 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 07:22:44 PM
Oh, & take Airhead with you.
Muirhead sums up exactly how far we've fallen. That he is captain and starter is galling all things considered.

He has to go sooner than later.

I said today that Falkirk used to be a stop on the rung to greater things for some players whereas now we are probably the pinnacle of this current bag of impostors careers.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 09:45:09 PM

Its so easy to pick scapegoats when it comes to such woeful performances, but to have so many to chose from makes life a bit harder. However, when it comes to total non-entity footballers it takes a special kind of shyte to not only somehow manage to play every second of almost every game, captain the side whilst being utterly inept in every single department, and yet still obviously showing enough in training to somehow persuade every manager over the last 5 years that you are a leader of men. Step forward Aaron Muirhead, a living legend of all that is wrong with Falkirk FC. Has shown that he cannot defend, so gets himself somehow into midfield where he has the presence of a ghost, but manages to still to score an own goal and allow an opponent a free tap in for their second goal. That Mr MacKinnon kept him on the park for the whole game, never mind the second half after such a shocking first half, makes it clear to me that we have a manager who simply does not know what he is doing. Every single department of the team failed today, and the manager pretty much shares culpability by picking such a woeful shower every week, and by altering the shape of the team to make it even more unbalanced than before.............its just totally inept and no excuses will do to alter the fact that the club is rotten to the core, from the top to the bottom.

We were lucky to get away with such a flattering scoreline today as we were second to every ball, never looked comfortable at any stage, lacked leadership, skill, pace, flair, ability, tenacity and made players as bad as James Craigen look half decent. Never have I witnessed such a useless bunch of tossers in the navy blue. Well, not for many a long year.

Ratings

Mitchell 3/10. At fault on a few occasions, but helpless with the first two goals. Kept blootering the ball out the park at every opportunity. Better than Fasan, but then so am I. out

McGhee 1/10. dreadful today. Too slow to play full back. Looks seriously clueless whenever he gets into opposition areas and very uncomfortable when heading back towards his own goal. We kept this guy and let Balatoni go? Yet another mistake.
Harrison 6/10. Our only decent defender. Showed determination and endeavour, but let down consistently by team mates around him.
Brough 3/10. Not a left back and not a centre back, so what the hell is he doing at our club?
Robson 5/10. Defensively not that great, but really our only attacker worth note.

Sammut 3/10. Never gave up trying, but simply not good enough. Lacks pace, physicality, strength and ability. Chelsea my @rse.
Muirhead -2/10. Yip minus 2. Was like having an extra opponent in the first half as he scored one and stood still as his man ambled by and tapped the ball in for the second. Utterly the worst midfielder ever, and only just awful as a central defender. And he stayed on for 90 minutes AGAIN.
Buaben 4/10. poor fecker had to do pretty much everything on his own, surrounded by incompetents. Not that great, but at least put a shift in.
McKee 4/10. Tried like a bear, but again had virtually no support or out ball, so had to dally and often got caught out. Kept trying though.

Lewis 2/10. Not his worst game, but why does he not show more bravery? Time to ship him out.
Rudden 4/10. Tried hard but cb's had him in their pockets all day.

Subs
Irving 3/10. Better than Sammut but too weak and too slow.
Dunne 1/10. Never got the ball.
Jarvis 1/10. Did he touch the ball?

MacKinnon 0/10. Looks like he does not have a clue how to use players he has, or how to alter things when they go wrong. Keeping that tw@t Muirhead on the park for 90 minutes shows how clueless he is.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 09:57:40 PM

Muirhead needs to go along with last summer’s disastrous signings. If you have the stomach for it, watch Muirhead’s contribution in the Stenny game. His lack of positional discipline made him directly responsible for two (and arguably three) of Stenny’s goals.
Since the return from “the broken leg or ankle that wasn’t broken”, his passionate but completely scatter brained approach has made us worse, not better. Never ever should have been made a captain of anything.

The “incoming” numbers keep changing, and are down from 9 to 6 (although it varies). Not overly concerned with that,provided the dirty half dozen are of the required standard. Harrison, Brough, McGhee, Robson plus half a dozen real footballers might see us with an acceptable core to the squad.
Dallison, Dumbaya, Irving, Sammut, Russell, Haber, Lewis et al need to make their way to the nearest exit ASAP.

Pete
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Pete » Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 10:36:07 PM

Everyone at the club, including mckinnon, should hang their heads in shame. A truly disgusting performance yet again where we were second best to everything.

I wish they would just delete the club and start again

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Sunday 30th 2018f December 2018 01:28:05 AM

Today I played my "Joker card" and dodged a bullet. Went to see Liverpool v Arsenal instead. Glad I missed the sh#tfest at Falkirk. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Sunday 30th 2018f December 2018 01:35:17 PM

slapheidpar wrote:
Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 05:25:28 PM
Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 29th 2018f December 2018 12:33:31 AM

Taxi for a fanny! :joker:
Every single thing he said is absolutely bang on, bar the low scoring shitfest bit..
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 30th 2018f December 2018 05:16:17 PM

Well, it wasn't as bad as the last time the fifers where in town. That isn't saying much to be fair...

During Q1, I labelled Harrison as a potential for the worst centre half we have seen in decades but to be honest, he's the only one (along with the keeper) who gets pass marks for me. Harrison was about the only positive from yesterday - he's pulled his socks up, worked on a few things and Id have him or Paton as captain immediately.

Won't waste much time on others, we know it was poor. There are players in Robson, Buaben (decent second half) and McGee but the rest aren't good enough. There was a time recently that I said we would be fine without Rudden while he away on international duty and a few said I was mental. Hopefully now you can see why I thought the way I did - he's crap.

I won't get on Ray's back. He really has worked some wonders with this squad. He has no options on the bench at all. He clearly set us up ok to begin with and we were undone by a bit of Hippo trickery (and defelction) and then a moment of absolute madness from Muirhead. I get why he changed to a back 5 to combat the ball over the top. What he can't fix on the spot is players going AWOL and playing like f*cking idiots for goals 3 & 4. I guess the point I'm making is that he tried something different and did try to change the game but he has a squad of clowns.

It's disappointing to see/hear Ray grumblings begin as it's unfair. Some have suggested the classic "I'd rather we played the youngsters" line but I can safely say it would have been a cricket score yesterday had we done so. Can only pray that Ray has his 5 or 6 lined up to sign by Thurs/Fri as leaving it to late January would doom us.

Final comment saved for Muirhead. Could that possibly be the worst defensive display of all time? Struggling to think of a more spectacular mess. And for him to storm up the tunnel at full time was another poor show from him. He is not captain material. He's just plain sh1te.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 30th 2018f December 2018 07:38:21 PM

Sir Jones wrote: He is not captain material. He' just plain sh1te.
They say the Captain sets the standards. Having Muirhead with the armband it was obvious this sh*tshow was coming.

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Monday 31st 2019f December 2018 08:03:15 AM

As John Markie says the club is at rock bottom.

Everyone who has contributed to this disgraceful state of affairs should do the decent thing and resign.