Ken Waddell

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Ken Waddell

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 17th 2018f November 2018 08:32:33 PM

Something that should not pass unnoticed is the death of Ken Waddell, one time Herald editor (and beyond), and Dad to Bruce and Gordon.
An absolutely avid Bairns supporter, up until recently, you would still find Ken along with Bruce and his grandson Daniel in the south stand.
Much of what Ken did in his life in support of Falkirk Football Club won’t be recalled by the majority, and would never have been trumpeted by Ken himself.

I knew Ken as the Dad of my friend Bruce. I also knew him as a man of the highest integrity, and a man who never allowed his sons to stray from the path of becoming anything other than Bairns themselves.

He really was a true gentleman, and a true Bairn.

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Ken Waddell

Post by chippo1876 » Sunday 18th 2018f November 2018 07:18:54 AM

my mum worked in the herald with ken and any time he was around whilst i was in the office he would always come and chat as he knew i also followed the bairns, he was a real gentleman and even after he retired if i bumped into him around the town he would stop and bleather. in my opinion a minutes applause would be a fitting tribute to the man in the next home game. RIP Ken

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Re: Ken Waddell

Post by kent brockman » Sunday 18th 2018f November 2018 09:00:26 AM

Ken Waddell was "Mr Falkirk Herald" and the esteem in which he is held by his former staff says it all.

A great Bairns supporter and a true gentleman.
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.