Scumfermline v Falkirk

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Scumfermline v Falkirk

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 09th 2018f November 2018 01:21:38 PM

Going on last few games and the slight continual improvement I would bite your hand off for a 0:0 draw.
Cant see us scoring, but hopefully we could try and keep a clean sheet if:
A) Keeper does not throw the ball in the net AGAIN
B) The defence concentrates for more than 30 seconds
Here comes the doom.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Re: Scumfermline v Falkirk

Post by kemlinbairn » Friday 09th 2018f November 2018 01:46:07 PM

Anything but an absolute thumping would be a bonus tbh

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Friday 09th 2018f November 2018 04:04:15 PM

not quite sure what to expect here tbh. last two home games we were competitive against the league's top two sides yet never really look like scoring. I think the same could be possible tomorrow....we will be competitive but won't force the opposition into losing a goal and they will to us.

as stated above really hope one of our goalies can go 90 minutes without a goal costing error.

thought the new right back played well against Celtic reserves but think he'll go with

mitchell/fasan

kidd McGhee Harrison brough Robson
Irving Paton buaben
petravious Rudden
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 09th 2018f November 2018 04:37:57 PM

They'll be up for it and we'll no. 2-o Dunfermline.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 06:01:49 PM

Wasn't expecting that! Another enjoyable game with another pretty solid performance. Our problems up front are well known but elsewhere we looked very solid today. Sure, Dunfermline should have scored at least 1 today but we created a number of opportunities too, just lacked the firepower for an effort at goal.

I thought Paton was excellent today. As was Harrison. The latter being a true surprise. That was a proper centre half performance. I think he only made 1 error all match that I can remember near the end when the nerves wouldve been a little frayed. And special mention to Robson who put in a fantastic shift down the left.

So, a goal from open play by one of our players. 3 points away from home. A clean sheet. No passengers. Huge thumbs up. A shame Alloa pulled off a miracle but f*ck the rest, saving ourselves is in our hands. Huge game next weekend too which I fancy our chances in now. I had said we needed 3 points from the Fifer/Thistle matches so hopefully we can do 3 better this time next week.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 06:35:46 PM

Watched it on ftv, should have been one down inside a minute and looked generally all over the place but we settled down. We actually looked reasonably dangerous down the sides through the full backs and bauben makes a big difference as he can retain possession. Goalie still doesn't fill me with confidence but he did make a couple of decent saves. The three centre backs were excellent, we still lack any kind of cohesion up front and too often we pick the wrong pass, but we are now only 2 points from 9th which is remarkable considering how bad we've been.

Those who went deserve that tonight, as does the manager, just got to hope we can build on it and start stringing a few results together.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 07:57:17 PM

First five minutes we were all over the place, Ryan missed a sitter and at that stage it looked like another nightmare afternoon. Fair play, though, we then grew into the game and turned in by far our most solid performance of the season, nothing fancy but there is far more organisation and work rate than even a few weeks ago, it's clear that McKinnon is first and foremost trying to make us hard-to-beat and he deserves credit for that. Bauben is not the player I expected tbh, he plays quite deep, not afraid of a tackle and keeps it simple, thought he was decent today, same for Paton, that was brilliant technique for his strike and deserved a goal. Two full backs were good, got forward at every opportunity and gave them problems. Defence was solid and dealt pretty comfortable with whatever Dunfermline threw at them. Rudden had barely touched the ball all game but a superb strike for the winner. There could not be a better place to pick up three points, please god do not f**k it up next week against Partick, although it would be classic Falkirk if we did. If we can beat them then we can maybe start looking up.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 10:09:13 PM

In what was the 100th league game between them, I thought both teams were a vast improvement in the game a month or so ago at the Bairnabeu.
We should have been 1 down within a minute, with Ryan fluffing his shot, at an open net, hitting it straight into Fasans hands.
Took us til the end of the 1st half to get a real handle on the game, but it was a half of few chances with both only really mustering the one in target; ours being a complete kepper.
The 2nd half was very open end to end stuff, wasted by Dallas officiating.
We got out of jail, when the play was pulled back for a Pars foul, when they had a man clean through. Whilst we had two clear pen claims before scoring, one where Keeper & defender made an arse of clearing, with the latter handling. Then Petra being fouled all the way into the box, before being downed.
I had Paton's shot counted, before it rattled the bar, but Rudden's shot was worthy of winning a close game. It was netbound as soon as it left his boot.
For us, we're still improving, but a good way off where we would like to be.
Best games yet, from Harrison & Paton. My MoM, Robson.
On to Thistle next week & a chance to close things right up.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 11:53:06 PM

No rudden or Petra next week due to internationals?

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 02:06:39 AM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 10th 2018f November 2018 11:53:06 PM
No rudden or Petra next week due to internationals?
Seems to be the case. Absolute nightmare that in all honesty, just when there was a bit if hope that a corner might have been turned.

Time for Big Marcus to step up :D :D :D
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 09:41:56 AM

Finally we seem to be getting our act together and the team is gelling.

Good goal by Rudden which is what he and the team have been needing.

We will be confident heading into the Thistle game whilst they have problems of their own. It's definitely a must-see game next week regardless of missing personnel.

Any one catch the post-match interview from Paton? He alludes to issues off-field affecting his performances on it. I've not been a big fan of his but refreshingly honest from a guy who's taken a lot of flack so far.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 12:16:32 PM

Is Irving out as well?

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 12:45:38 PM

If Irving is out is that not sufficient players to have the match postponed? Good performance yesterday and whilst we are still a million miles away from where we need to be it’s a million miles from where we were and McKinnon needs to take credit for that. Back on the players missing would Rudden and Irving not potentially prioritise our game over an u19 game I’ve seen the hearts players do it?

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 01:59:39 PM

On yesterdays performance, I feel we could get by without Petra and Rudden to be honest. Any more though and we should look to postpone. These international games + some injuries really does leave us scraping the barrel.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 02:33:23 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 01:59:39 PM
On yesterdays performance, I feel we could get by without Petra and Rudden to be honest. Any more though and we should look to postpone. These international games + some injuries really does leave us scraping the barrel.
Really ? When the replacements are likely to be Haber and Lewis ? Don't share your optimism at all I'm afraid
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 02:43:25 PM

Losing 3 first team starters leaves us incredibly short, surely that's grounds to request a postponement?

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 03:39:49 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Sunday 11th 2018f November 2018 02:33:23 PM
Sir Jones wrote:
Really ? When the replacements are likely to be Haber and Lewis ? Don't share your optimism at all I'm afraid
Yes, really. Both Petra and Rudden offered very little yesterday. Plenty of graft but little cutting edge (goal aside for Rudden of course).

Lewis/Haber would be downgrades for sure but against a piss poor Thistle I wouldn't be too concerned.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 12th 2018f November 2018 01:27:50 PM

Great result, and after the first 10 minutes of utter defensive chaos, we were actually ok.
McKinnon is right. We need to play a certain way due to lack of quality throughout the team, which although not pretty, is effective.
Hats off to him for managing to get a team of losers, in to a team which is hard to break down.

Our Keeper, although he does not inspire confidence, didn't throw the ball in the net, and Rudden of whom I was critical last week, smashed in an absolute belter.
All the players stepped up this week.
Hopefully we can get a result against Partick with our depleted team, and keep the confidence going.

There is actual hope we can get ourselves out of this mess, thanks to McKinnon.
Here comes the doom.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 12th 2018f November 2018 02:13:06 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
I haven’t seen enough of Rudden to comment but he’s scored 4 goals in 9 appearances for us. It’s a while since we’ve had anyone with that type of ratio and he has 4 times as many goals than anyone else in our squad. That’s with utterly dreadful service too. That alone suggests to me that he is a big player for us right now.