Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Re: Falkirk v Ayr Utd

Post by Dade » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:05:51 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 10:10:43 AM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:29:36 AM
There is a big difference to conscripts fighting in WW1 and WW2 to professional soldiers fighting after 1960, it’s a job, no more deserving of respect than doctors, nurses, fireman and police.
Spot on. It was only a few years ago that I realised people had started tagging on the post WW2 stuff. Never bought a poppy since.
I don't wear a poppy either because it has become way too political and taken on a totally different meaning to what it once was. A minutes silence for all of those veterans, who have now passed on, that served in World War 1 is all that's needed. Even then I only think it's required if the game falls on the weekend of armistice day. Football teams didn't even have poppies on their shirts until 10/15 years ago so seems mental now that 100 years on there is such furore about it. Some people/clubs use such incidents to make themselves somehow seem better by showing more grief/respect to people they never knew. Was there any silence for Ann Joyce who passed away last week? I'd say that's more apt than having an early silence for remembrance day.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 06:28:04 PM

Didn't deserve to lose yesterday, we never deserved to win either. A real shame that yet again another error has lost us a game that was very equal.

Slight gripe with mckinnon is that once we brought haber on we lost any real attacking threat as prior to that we'd created 3 chances in quick succession.

The upcoming game against the fifers is massive, players and fans badly need a performance and result we can be proud of.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 08:01:55 PM

Haber should NEVER reappear!!

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 11:12:27 PM

Dade wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:05:51 PM
Sir Jones wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 10:10:43 AM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:29:36 AM
There is a big difference to conscripts fighting in WW1 and WW2 to professional soldiers fighting after 1960, it’s a job, no more deserving of respect than doctors, nurses, fireman and police.
Spot on. It was only a few years ago that I realised people had started tagging on the post WW2 stuff. Never bought a poppy since.
I don't wear a poppy either because it has become way too political and taken on a totally different meaning to what it once was. A minutes silence for all of those veterans, who have now passed on, that served in World War 1 is all that's needed. Even then I only think it's required if the game falls on the weekend of armistice day. Football teams didn't even have poppies on their shirts until 10/15 years ago so seems mental now that 100 years on there is such furore about it. Some people/clubs use such incidents to make themselves somehow seem better by showing more grief/respect to people they never knew. Was there any silence for Ann Joyce who passed away last week? I'd say that's more apt than having an early silence for remembrance day.
Agree with all of this.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 05th 2018f November 2018 01:53:57 PM

Just shows how different opinions can be.
The general consensus is that Kidd played well. For some reason I was keeping tabs on him, as I don't like him at f/b, and I reckon he made under 30% pass completion. I thought he was poor throughout and below par, bordering on dreadful. I like him more in midfield.
I also thought Harrison played well. Slow as a week in the jail, but solid and a better threat at corners than any other player we have.
The keeper situation is just costing us week after week. I tremble at the thought of another "gift" next week given to Dunfermline.
I've also got differing views on Haber. No doubt he was poor, worse than just poor, but I would summarise the he did as much as Rudden managed in a full game, which appears to get glossed over.
Haber is so low on confidence, you can tell. His touch for the one real chance he had in the box was dreadful, and he seems incapable of chasing back. He really needs to at least SHOW he cares.
However, the level of service he (and Rudden in fairness) get is just beyond awful. Lumped high balls to try and control when defenders are just waiting on it to happen, I mean, what chance do either of them have? To hear fans booing him on to the pitch just shows that we truly have a dreadful support at times. Its just pathetic, but it seems to be more and more how Falkirk fans react nowadays.
I actually heard a guy shouting "fcuk off Haber" when Rudden failed to win a flick on, and Haber was behind him waiting on the ball. Really? I just turned in disbelief. Clueless fans.
Don't get me wrong, he has done nothing to get any praise, and I am not in anyway defending him, its just more how are fans are. We help nobody.
Rudden was just awful. He gets praise for running about like a headless chicken, fair play for that, but what does it achieve?
Bauben was a waste of time too, and probably again did less than Haber who was only on for 20 mins, but did he get booed off? Naw.
I expect to get torn to pieces, and probably rightly so as I haven't been to as many games this year as I should have, and other fans have had to endure this a lot more than me.
I saw improvement all round. Enough to think we could possibly get a 0:0 draw at East End, because we certainly wont be scoring by the looks of things. As long as our keeper does not throw the ball in the net. Again.
COYB.
Here comes the doom.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Monday 05th 2018f November 2018 03:03:05 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 05th 2018f November 2018 01:53:57 PM
Just shows how different opinions can be.
The general consensus is that Kidd played well. For some reason I was keeping tabs on him, as I don't like him at f/b, and I reckon he made under 30% pass completion. I thought he was poor throughout and below par, bordering on dreadful. I like him more in midfield.
I also thought Harrison played well. Slow as a week in the jail, but solid and a better threat at corners than any other player we have.
The keeper situation is just costing us week after week. I tremble at the thought of another "gift" next week given to Dunfermline.
I've also got differing views on Haber. No doubt he was poor, worse than just poor, but I would summarise the he did as much as Rudden managed in a full game, which appears to get glossed over.
Haber is so low on confidence, you can tell. His touch for the one real chance he had in the box was dreadful, and he seems incapable of chasing back. He really needs to at least SHOW he cares.
However, the level of service he (and Rudden in fairness) get is just beyond awful. Lumped high balls to try and control when defenders are just waiting on it to happen, I mean, what chance do either of them have? To hear fans booing him on to the pitch just shows that we truly have a dreadful support at times. Its just pathetic, but it seems to be more and more how Falkirk fans react nowadays.
I actually heard a guy shouting "fcuk off Haber" when Rudden failed to win a flick on, and Haber was behind him waiting on the ball. Really? I just turned in disbelief. Clueless fans.
Don't get me wrong, he has done nothing to get any praise, and I am not in anyway defending him, its just more how are fans are. We help nobody.
Rudden was just awful. He gets praise for running about like a headless chicken, fair play for that, but what does it achieve?
Bauben was a waste of time too, and probably again did less than Haber who was only on for 20 mins, but did he get booed off? Naw.
I expect to get torn to pieces, and probably rightly so as I haven't been to as many games this year as I should have, and other fans have had to endure this a lot more than me.
I saw improvement all round. Enough to think we could possibly get a 0:0 draw at East End, because we certainly wont be scoring by the looks of things. As long as our keeper does not throw the ball in the net. Again.
COYB.

You’re not far out.
Like you, I thought Kidd was terrible
He seems to be marginally better in midfield.
Rudden doesn’t do much other than put in a pile of effort.
He’s a poor man’s Andrew Nelson.
Haber is beyond the pale and needs binning ASAP.
Prince looks a decent player but is obviously far from match fit.
Regarding the keeper situation, what can you say!!!

Big 60
Well New

Post by Big 60 » Monday 05th 2018f November 2018 08:10:06 PM

Olaf you are a clown :joker: these people that fought in WW1 and WW2 were conscripts right enough who fought for the British way of life. There were almost 1 million uk soldiers died in WW1 and 70000 in WW 2 not to mention the people that were maimed and suffered mental health problems. Never heard of any doctors dying for the cause. You have no idea what they guys done for all of us. Just think you may not be alive if it was not for them. So being disrespectful to any Soldier/Airman or Sailor that fought in any war, shows how naive you really are. How many jobs that have had that you may get killed doing.