Falkirk v Ayr Utd

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Falkirk v Ayr Utd

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 02nd 2018f November 2018 01:17:21 PM

Not confident of getting anything out of this.
1:2 prediction, although I don't know who or how I think we will score.
Here comes the doom.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Falkirk v Ayr Utd

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Friday 02nd 2018f November 2018 02:15:38 PM

prior to the county game I thought we'd get pumped in both these games but after the county game I'd give us a better chance.

Muirhead is out, Paton is suspended and buaben is 50/50 so tricky decisions to be made. think he might go with

Mitchell
Kidd McGhee Harrison brough Robson
buaben
McKee Irving petravious
Rudden

he might pick dallison over Harrison. I'd personally play Russell at right back as any time ive seen him he's done well.

wouldn't be surprised if we lose this as I can't see Ayr not scoring and I can't see us scoring as many.

hopefully we'll keep it close first half or even sneak a lead as it made a real difference Tuesday when the fans got behind the players, seemed to visibly lift them
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 02nd 2018f November 2018 04:48:49 PM

A team vs a collection of mince = Ayr Victory with goals to spare.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 12:52:54 AM

I expect a decent, buoyant crowd after Tuesday's result that will leave TFS disappointed. It's the Falkirk way - rather than build on a result we will probably end up humped.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 11:35:26 AM

1 - 4 sounds about right today.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 01:50:47 PM

I'm expecting to lose 2 or 3 nil today so if we get a draw or better I'd be delighted
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

dumbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by dumbairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 06:14:11 PM

Let’s hope a goalkeeper is one of eight,,,..

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 06:43:00 PM

that's twice in recent games Mitchell has let the ball through his hands. I've no confidence in him or fasan.

we also need a decent striker jees watching them back at things in the box, mistime passes and runs is awful. Lewis and haber are awful.

on a positive note we've played the top two sides in a few days and can feel really unlucky to have lost one of the two games. were at least competitive again and gave found a reasonably settled side and formation.

Harrison did okay today and works in a back 5 where he had cover for his lack of pace. he's decent I'm the air.

I thought Irving was good again.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 07:25:01 PM

Getting sick of this!

If the club put the same care into issues on the pitch as it does to rememberence day, we’d be challenging at the top.
Just have A minutes silence, we don’t need a pipe band, an awful rendition of the last post, auld duffers with flags and the like!

I’ve missed the last few games and we still cannot get a shot on target. It’s the same old crap. The goalie making yet another howler is a bloody joke, 3 keepers we have and all are Pish! Be probably better trying Haber in goals, cause he isn’t a bloody forward.

The only plus side is that we will be the last full time contract many of the players will get, so they ll have to get a proper job - I hope these jobs are the most unrewarding lowest paid jobs imaginable.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 07:34:27 PM

Result aside, I enjoyed the game today :shock: Thought it was pretty entertaining. If we had a striker we would've scored a couple today. Both teams looked dangerous going forward, just a shame the keeper made a complete t1t of things.

Wasn't impressed with Irving or Rudden today. Thought both where poor. Petra was a bit of a headless chicken too. But I did like ho we set up at the start and what Ray shifted us to when chasing the game. Christ, even Harrison had a good game today.

Did I hear boos at the end from some? Please tell me they are BoD directed and not on that performance?!
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 08:15:59 PM

Played some reasonable stuff between both boxes but a goalkeeper costing us a goal a game and yet another 90 minutes with not one f*****g shot on target will always be a lethal combination. Irving should have buried that header at the end, terrible miss. Midfield was non existent today, Bauben is miles off fitness and McKee was yet again anonymous. Actually think Kidd has had a couple of decent games at wing-back. Substitutions a total nonsense, what McKinnon sees in Haber and Lewis is a mystery, you could pull a fan from the Main Stand and chuck them on with twenty minutes to go and they would be no less effective than Lewis, a total impostor who is stealing a wage as a professional footballer. GTF. Ayr United were utter gash as well, the big hoof and turning our defence was pretty much all they offered, I'd have even fancied the Falkirk team of last season to turn them over.
But that's where we are now, scrambling about for crumbs of comfort and being pathetically grateful we didn't get humped by teams we would have been sweeping aside not so long ago.

Into November and no Falkirk player has scored a goal at home, damning, damning stuff. We'll no doubt get our customary beating at EE next week but the following week is a must-win against an absolutely rancid Partick, if we cannot beat them then we'd be as well shutting the doors.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 08:58:06 PM

Heard before the match that the Chairman and the CEO answered all the questions well on Thursday night.

Well here`s a question for them . "How come we are bottom of the league" :flame:

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 09:22:49 PM

I heard an interesting story today that, to me at least, was news. It was about the whole Miller/Kerr thing. Apparently Hartley came in and was treating the younger players like sh1t (think we all new/guessed that) so some approached Miller/Kerr as trusted senior pros to act as sort of intermediaries with their concerns. Off they went to chat to Laing about it who responded by pretty much dropping them in the sh1t with Hartley as soon as the meeting ended with a "just to let you know, some of the players are stirring behind your back" piece. And away they go.

Could be complete baws, I don't know. Something was clearly up with the pair of them a year or so back but if the reason for the departure is anywhere near this tale then it just makes me despair that little bit more.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 09:44:00 PM

Not as bad as expected. And really not that much between the teams. A lot of hard work done by many of the players and some decent defending today, let down by a dreadful goalkeeping performance from Mitchell. We set up narrow and tried to be compact and for long spells totally stopped them playing. The midfield however was less than solid and there is virtually no physicality in there, and lots of mistakes that shouldn't be made. However we hung in well and had we had a decent striker we might even have got a goal from the chances we created. The midfield to me is our weakest link at the moment, although forwards who couldn't score in a brothel don't help either. I know MacKinnon is setting up for us not to lose, but unless we offer something going forward we are on a hiding to nothing, for once a team scores against us thats it, game over. We simply cannot get goals for love nor money and having players like Haber at the club is an absolute affront to the fans who pay to watch guys at least try and give it their all. Haber is like having a man short. Having nothing on the bench to turn to shows how poor the recruitment was and what an almighty task anyone has to turn things around. I'd like to ship out all the loanees in January, get rid of Harrison and Dallison. That might give us a slim chance of second bottom, but thats the straw we are clutching at now.

Ratings
Mitchell 3/10. Very poor distribution and at fault yet again for the goal. As poor as the other two keepers, if not worse. Very disappointed in him.

Kidd 5/10. Thought he did what was required defensively, and made a few good runs overlapping. Final ball and lack of pace leave him vulnerable though.
McGhee 6/10. Did well defensively but never once tried to take a step forward to help midfield or generate anything going forward.
harrison 6/10. Slow and cumbersome, but stuck to his task. W£on enough in the air and on the ground to keep his place on that showing.
Brough 6/10. Like the other two central guys did his job well. Needs to be a wee bit sharper, but otherwise ok.
Robson 8/10. Hardly put a foot wrong all day. Defended well and about our only real attacking option for most of the game. Able to take an opponent on, beat him and deliver a final ball. If only we had a few others like him.

McKee 5/10. Nothing came off for him today, but put in a decent shift. Was surprised he got hooked as he looked better than the other two.
Buaben 4/10. never up to the pace of the game. Second to every ball and looked lethargic throughout. Just looks like he needs game time.
Irving 4/10. Way too weak to compete at this level. He's a nice footballer when we need a battler. Won't do in the situation we are in.

Petravicious 6/10. Would be a 10 for effort, but his decision making is terrible. No final ball, and constantly runs up blind alleys.
Rudden 4/10. Never got into the game at all, and is again too weak and does not have that burst of acceleration needed to make it at this level.

Subs
Haber 0/10. When he came on we efeectively went down to 10 men. Useless in every department.
Sammut 3/10. For the Chelsea u21 (or whatever it is) captain he is very poor. One dimensional, slow and weak.
Lewis 2/10. Don't remember him doing anything positive apart from one wee cameo with Robson and Irving(?) out wide which came to the usual - nothing.

Manager 4/10. Set up too defensive, poor subs and keeps playing same failures when its proven they don't give a fcuk. e.g. Haber. wtf?
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 11:47:08 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 07:25:01 PM
Getting sick of this!

If the club put the same care into issues on the pitch as it does to rememberence day, we’d be challenging at the top.
Just have A minutes silence, we don’t need a pipe band, an awful rendition of the last post, auld duffers with flags and the like!

I’ve missed the last few games and we still cannot get a shot on target. It’s the same old crap. The goalie making yet another howler is a bloody joke, 3 keepers we have and all are Pish! Be probably better trying Haber in goals, cause he isn’t a bloody forward.

The only plus side is that we will be the last full time contract many of the players will get, so they ll have to get a proper job - I hope these jobs are the most unrewarding lowest paid jobs imaginable.
You sir, are now plumbing low depths. If your on a fishing expedition I am hooked.

Remembrance (use spellchecker) day is a day where we remember the people who gave there all and let us be the society we are today.
Auld duffers with flags they may be but they have served us in the past and deserve total respect for what they went through. Yes the wee lassie didnt do well with her rendition of 'the last post' and it wasnt good but maybe nerves played a part, who knows.

I will gloss over the rest of your comments of the game and players as i am disgusted with this post but will leave your comments to your conscience

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 12:28:27 AM

Usually agree with Olaf but not on this.
Kemlin is quite correct.
What I really object to is the faux demonstrations of grief towards a Thai billionaire who has absolutely no connection with FFC.
I think Olaf is merely suffering from the same anger and frustration that the rest of us are going through!!

Tom Vek
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Tom Vek » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 12:59:49 AM

Agree with Olaf on this. Feel the club go a wee bit OTT. If the match falls on Rememberance weekend I could understand a bit more but we seem to fall over ourselves to make a big show of it. Just a dignified silence to remember the fallen is all that’s needed IMO.

That bugle player got a worse rating than Haber today.

Signs of encouragement again today but we are sorely lacking quality all over the park.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:29:36 AM

kemlinbairn wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f November 2018 11:47:08 PM

You sir, are now plumbing low depths. If your on a fishing expedition I am hooked.

Remembrance (use spellchecker) day is a day where we remember the people who gave there all and let us be the society we are today.
Auld duffers with flags they may be but they have served us in the past and deserve total respect for what they went through. Yes the wee lassie didnt do well with her rendition of 'the last post' and it wasnt good but maybe nerves played a part, who knows.

I will gloss over the rest of your comments of the game and players as i am disgusted with this post but will leave your comments to your conscience
..and we can show respect with a minutes silence.
We don’t need a pipe band and the like.

There is a big difference to conscripts fighting in WW1 and WW2 to professional soldiers fighting after 1960, it’s a job, no more deserving of respect than doctors, nurses, fireman and police.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 09:56:11 AM

Respect ahh now there's a word

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 10:10:43 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f November 2018 01:29:36 AM
There is a big difference to conscripts fighting in WW1 and WW2 to professional soldiers fighting after 1960, it’s a job, no more deserving of respect than doctors, nurses, fireman and police.
Spot on. It was only a few years ago that I realised people had started tagging on the post WW2 stuff. Never bought a poppy since.