Championship : QotS v Falkirk : 27th October

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Championship : QotS v Falkirk : 27th October

Post by rusty_nail » Wednesday 24th 2018f October 2018 09:23:34 AM

Same ol' Same ol'

We must try and pick up 3 points and hope that Alloa fail.

The usual game plan of stop Dobbie applies but we've been pretty unsuccessful in previous attempts so here's hoping.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Re: Championship : QotS v Falkirk : 27th October

Post by kemlinbairn » Wednesday 24th 2018f October 2018 09:31:03 AM

Dobbie will be licking his lips for this one

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Wednesday 24th 2018f October 2018 12:19:37 PM

Not even remotely confident of getting anything other than a good pumping.
Wish there was more to feel about our team, but they are spineless, low in confidence, and not very good.
Maybe the Prince will be better again this week and offer a presence in midfield.
Here comes the doom.

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Wednesday 24th 2018f October 2018 05:35:51 PM

What odds on a Dobbie hat trick this weekend?
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 25th 2018f October 2018 09:16:14 PM

Look at who we have to man mark Dobbie. Dallison, Harrison, McGhee and Brough - not one of them pacy enough or clever enough, and Muirhead - not good enough. So, its a question of how many he'll score, not IF he'll score. If I were a gambling man I'd have a wee flutter on QoS -2. I reckon 3-0 minimum defeat, but could be any amount unless Mitchell can emulate Whigham from days of yore. Is it not January yet?
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 26th 2018f October 2018 09:53:32 AM

Pumped! - That is all
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 27th 2018f October 2018 04:56:28 PM

another loss with no goals scored and only 2 shots on target. no surprise. only surprise for me is we are still playing with a spine of a side which includes dallison Paton and haber. no threat at all.

meanwhile alloa pick up another point and we are 2 wins from 9th.

Ross county up next who won 5-0 today! expect the extremely unexpected!?
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 27th 2018f October 2018 06:22:47 PM

First half was pretty equal with the highlight being an excellent save by mitchell following a cleverly won penalty. Going forward we had no real game plan but we're getting bodies into the box.

2nd half we lost it in a period of 5 minutes. 1st goal both Paton and sammut try to close one player in the corner, he pops it off to the free player, similar to last week Brough is weak at the back post and they score. The 2nd I think Muirhead just keeps backing off before the guy hits a decent strike which mitchell probably should have saved at his near post. Was game over after that.

The players at east kept trying and we did pass it about more once Paton went off, but we have zero idea as to how to build up play and create chances. Is this down to the players or should we be expecting more from the manager?

This is definitely the worst season in my 35 years, it's just a slow and agonising death with no hope whatsoever.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 27th 2018f October 2018 07:13:58 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 27th 2018f October 2018 06:22:47 PM

Is this down to the players or should we be expecting more from the manager?
The caveat is that he's inherited the worst collection of dross in the club's history. He's brought in Bauben, who in 45 minutes at Greenock last week actually looked like a footballer, which meant he stood out a mile in this team. Having that said, I find him very underwhelming. He ignores the likes of Robson, Russell, Dunne every week whilst giving chance after chance to Dallison, Harrison, Captain Fantastic, Paton, Haber, Lewis. Not impressed with him at all, and certainly not worth all the crap we are now landed in over his recruitment.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 28th 2018f October 2018 07:53:54 PM

Well that was a kick to the bollocks if ever there was one.

First half we did ok. Other than the penalty incident I thought we largely contained QotS and looked ok going forward until we hit that 18 yard box. We should've found the net with Haber's header - anywhere but into the keeper and probably a goal.

Second half was beyond a joke. A lot of criticism on Brough (who was utterly dug sh1t) at the back post but why the f*ck did Paton and Samut go ball following and I have to ask where the f*ck Muirhead was during any of this anyway. From there, it turned into a complete shambles and we end up pumped and playing like a team from the special needs leagues.

Per usual, Haber took pelters but he was doing ok up to goal 1. He was playing considerably better than any of our other attacking options (if you can call them that). Once things went South he, like the others, went to pieces - either visibly frustrated or visibly sh1ting it. Paton, another of the scapegoats, was doing ok too until half time too but he just doesn't offer anywhere near enough.

For me, I don't want to see Brough, Dallison or Samut in a Falkirk jersey again. All three are beyond a joke - Samut's first touch is like bouncing a ball off on a trampoline ffs. Some may be asking why Ray isn't picking Robson and co but I prefer to look at it from another angle and consider how dreadful they must be in training.

I still like Ray. He has made a difference since coming here. He's moved on some of the sh1t and we can now at least expect 45 of minutes of decent football. I just don't think he has a hope in hell in getting the necessary points on the board without at least 3 more signings - probably 5 or 6 to avoid 9th/10th.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Monday 29th 2018f October 2018 12:01:25 PM

I'm with you jones on dallison brough sammut. also Paton for me. how often can you watch the s me mistakes and results and expect a different outcome?
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003