First Quarter Report

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

First Quarter Report

Post by havenbairn » Sunday 21st 2018f October 2018 10:02:24 AM

We have taken 3 points from 27 and have one of the poorest playing squads I have ever seen,

In any other business the major shareholders would be taking action but it seems they are sleepwalking towards relegation.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: First Quarter Report

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 21st 2018f October 2018 02:53:53 PM

I really don’t know if we can get out of the damage done. Possibly one of the most disastrous re-builds in Scottish League history. Looks like we intend giving the rest of the league a half season start.

Nine games, and we have managed “nil” in six of them.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 21st 2018f October 2018 07:01:08 PM

havenbairn wrote:
Sunday 21st 2018f October 2018 10:02:24 AM
We have taken 3 points from 27 and have one of the poorest playing squads I have ever seen,

In any other business the major shareholders would be taking action but it seems they are sleepwalking towards relegation.
What action can they realistically take at this stage to improve our chances of picking up wins and points, which is the only way out of this mess? I doubt anyone would be sorry to see the back of the chair or CEO, but is that going to the be the catalyst for this group of players to put 3 or 4 wins together? Doubtful. They've made it clear where they see the blame lying, fairly and squarely at the door of Hartley and Mitchell, who have paid with their jobs. McKinnon was given the wherewithal to bring in Bauben and empty the four players who left a couple of weeks ago. I'm no more a fan of this board than anyone else but I don't see what meaningful action they can take, we're stuck with a group of playere who patently are not good enough and basically just hoping that we can somehow stay in touch until January and effect a rebuild, which is fraught with risk and carries no guarantees.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 25th 2018f October 2018 09:34:59 PM

I remain amazes that MacKinnon took this on. Presumably he had not seen our squad in action and believed that it was down to poor coaching etc. He has landed himself up to the eyeballs in sh1t. Only saving grace for him is that the fans already know he has inherited utter dung on the playing front. I cannot see it getting better with the same players being used (and failing) every week. Once again I assume that these are the best we have available, which shows how deficient we are in terms of depth and options. Why do we start effectively a goal down every game by playing a back 4 patently incapable of keeping a clean sheet? Surely this cannot be the very very best combination of players we have available? Or is it? Why has Russell and Robson not been tried at full back - that is after all their best true positions? Yet we start with converted cb's at full back which has so far produced 3 points out of about 18, and at the same time stuck with Dallison at cb, a guy who takes about 10 seconds to cover as many yards, and of whom the "I've seen milk turn quicker" joke could have been written for. This isnt making MacKinnon any more popular with many fans.

At least we are slowly getting rid of the dross, but so much remains I can see no way forward until January arrives, and due to the amount of money spunked on this trash we signed, we will be scraping the barrel again come then when it comes to recruitment. Current form and players can only bring relegation.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 26th 2018f October 2018 10:12:03 AM

Worst EVER!

Can't score, Can't defend = Misery
No win at home all season, is an absolute disgrace.

I think we might be better going down, take our medicine and rebuild from league 1 then hopefully gub a few teams and get young fans excited about going again instead using phones and tablets at games.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Friday 26th 2018f October 2018 11:01:18 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Friday 26th 2018f October 2018 10:12:03 AM
Worst EVER!

Can't score, Can't defend = Misery
No win at home all season, is an absolute disgrace. Not even a solitary goal!!

I think we might be better going down, take our medicine and rebuild from league 1 then hopefully gub a few teams and get young fans excited about going again instead using phones and tablets at games.
The bold part is exactly what people said when we were getting jaded about finishing 10th and 7th in the SPL. Remember those days? Now look at Airdrie, Raith Rovers and Clyde for peers we traditionally had who are now at various levels of the grubber.

Be careful what you ask for!
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 26th 2018f October 2018 12:01:46 PM

look at Airdrie, Raith Rovers and Clyde for peers we traditionally had who are now at various levels of the grubber.
I'm aware of that and don't want relegation to happen, things can turn rapid, a couple of class players and we could challenge for the SPL, but it seems unlikely; we escaped by the skin of our teeth last season, somehow are even worse this season.
What would be better for us long term? Trying to cobble another team for next year for the Championship hope we get a couple of gems Or use our vast resources compared to everyone else to hopefully blast teams away in Division 1 and then go for the SPL.

I don't know if whether surviving or relegation would be for the best , but we better start planning as I think we are definitely going down.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 28th 2018f October 2018 10:03:59 AM

Relegation looks an almost certainty now. Financial disaster of a season paying off Hartley's marquee signings :bang: . Football-wise must be the worst collection of players ever to wear the navy blue. Supporters giving up on the team even though its not even November yet. Having to sit and explain the signing of the manager to the high heid yins - (think if Mr McKinnon had seen the dross he was going to inherit he might not have been so keen to jump ship)

This could be the start of going down a slippery slope that we may never recover from

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 28th 2018f October 2018 08:00:24 PM

We're f*cked. If 7-9th pick up 5-6 more points each by the time January comes then we're just as well chucking the towel in and saying "see you in League One".

What makes things worse, the players clearly know they are doomed too. Ray hasn't a hope just now unless he can ship out the main offenders and maybe bring in another Prince.

I've seen poorer displays than most of what we've seen this season (Dunfermline and 2nd half Ayr/QotS aside). They have more often than not been anomalies. Or, at least, come with some context/circumstances. The May season came when we had far higher expectations. Totten's relegation season when the club was f*cked. Ochilview and Lambie both again coming off the back of better seasons where we had built up huge stores of hope. This season just doesn't have an excuse for what's on show. It is pure, unfiltered sh1te and easily the most shambolic squad situation I have witnessed as my tie as a Bairn. You couldn't deliberately do a better job of this f*ck up.

I really don't know what the answer is. Some times I'm pretty numb to it all and think "whatever". That's largely thanks to Campbell and then Ritchie's tenure. Other times I'm left furious. There's little the fans can do now. From the looks of things I don't think enough truly care anyway.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

SS
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by SS » Monday 29th 2018f October 2018 02:45:41 AM

100% definitely the worst team since the club became fully full time in the 80's again.No matter what expectation were there Falkirk should be able to compete in the second tier and I don't mean at the top, certainly should not be anchored at the bottom. It is a disgrace and the club is rotting away as the people in power have watched as it diminish over the recent years to this level, they should hang their heads is shame, all of them board members, cowardly major shareholders and incompetent employees (footballl wise and non). We have never recovered from getting relegated due to "May experiment', god know how long this will take, particularly if (when) we get relegated. One thing fore sure they do not deserve the loyalty of the support given recently, similar sized clubs would be struggling enormously in that area given the crap we have witnessed over that last couple of years

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Monday 29th 2018f October 2018 09:30:45 AM

Keep hearing from everyone including the manager that ' in January this will happen that will happen' don't you think that by the time this magical date comes around we will be screwed anyway. What player in their right mind would come to the mess we are in - unless they didn't have a club and that would tell you how good they are -would you join a team devoid of idea's. talent and belief. No chance of us getting out this mess.
Well maybe the great scout Richard Mitchell could put some players our way that will do brilliant for us - oh wait a minute that's happened already :lol:

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Monday 29th 2018f October 2018 11:58:23 AM

first quarter report - F (fail)

have a season ticket and not seen us score a goal in the league for 7 months. never mind win a game. in fact I've barely seen us hit target in that time. awful entertainment. I don't go to games even expecting to win games purely not to get humiliated. Ross county tomorrow being an example. they'll be picking their lips and see us as target practice.

disappointed we've (McKinnon) persisted with the likes of dallison and paton when clearly not up to it and for whatever reason when ive seen Robson and Russell they've been decent and certainly better than what we have to watch.

positives/straw clutching?

McKinnon post match interviews don't bullshit us and he's as disappointed as rest of us comes across well.

partick pars and Morton also look weak so if we can get a few decent players in we can catch them. despite us stinking the place out win our game in hand over partick and were only 3 points behind so hardly doomed yet

we have a core of players I'm okay with Mitchell Robson Russell McGhee Muirhead buaben Irving Dunne Rudden. don't get me wrong some of these guys aren't starters but I'd be okay with them and new ones on top.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003