Re: Falkirk v Scumfermline 06/10/18

Post by Pete » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 07:08:37 PM

I'd take a playoff

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 07:53:20 PM

echo all said it was really desperate stuff. they had 18 shots at our goal we had 1 on target. I've not seen us score a league goal now since April. six, yes six whole months and I have a season ticket. simply mismanagement of the highest level. if you consider there was nearly 6200 at the game and we are bottom of the championship how can we be so bad?

say McKinnon shaking his head all the way through the match. we couldn't string two passes together, missed passes, uncontrolled simple balls, failed to track back failed to tackle.

very few passed for me today. McGhee and very possibly Irving at times. back 4 awful. petravious and McKee AWOL and rudden and Lewis then haber anonymous.

really really struggling to get an 11 from this group now but I'd go...

Mitchell (when fit)
Russell Muirhead McGhee Robson
buaben sammut
Irving mckee Dunne
rudden
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 08:01:35 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 07:53:20 PM
Mitchell (when fit)
buaben sammut
Irving mckee Dunne
rudden
I still can't believe some would have Muirhead in the team. Captain (more like major disaster) and one of the poorest footballers I have ever seen. Retreats from the opposition and can't pass water far less a ball.

He should've gone in the summer and been replaced by an inept unknown rather than continue to accept his sh*tshow performances.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 08:38:59 PM

A shambles today. That was as up there with the worst I've seen in any season and easily the worse I've seen this season.

Would love to have heard Rays half/full time chat. Can only presume he was fuming with the two half time subs.

Don't really get the Haber hate today. While the lot of them were poor, he did more in 45 minutes than anyone else did in attack combined. He won headers and had a few decent dribbles. On today alone, I'd have him above Petra and lewis.

Anyway, all my loathing is reserved nearly exclusively for our two centre halves. F*ck me. Im almost at the stage that I'd rather get @rse cancer than have to watch either if them play for us again. Would be less painful for sure. They're the sort that wouldn't even do a job for us in League 1 ffs.

And league 1 is where we're headed right now. I thought we needed at least 4 from 9 over last 3 games. We've fallen short of that (obviously) and look f*cked. Can only hope that 9th remains in touching distance over next 2/3 months while Ray tries to do something with the squad.

Utter pish.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 08:40:17 PM

muirhead has to be up there with that other famous team captain from a few years back who contributed absolutely hee haw and picked up a handsome wage for it.......... B O F'N B !!! :bang:

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 09:44:36 PM

Yes it’s a case of stay in touch with 8th.

Partick have sacked there manager and united so expect both them to improve

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 09:50:28 PM

Its funny how we see performances differently, although we are all agreed at least that we are totally beyond hope with this current team/squad. I am amazed it was only a two goal drubbing, as it took until around 70 minutes or so before we even got a shot on goal in. Quite how inept we were, and how we survived still in the game for so long also amazed me, as we were totally disjointed and lacking in every aspect of the game, even compared to what must be the worst Dunfermline team I've seen in many a long year. So many failures its difficult to find any tiny glimmer of hope, but a few looked like they at least gave a fcuk, albeit only sporadically. I think MacKinnon got the whole defence wrong today, but they weren't helped by a non-existant midfield, and only one forward showing any kind of endeavour. But that defence - dear christ, thats the worst two central defenders we have had since before Noah's Ark. What grips my sh1t the worst though was the total lack of endeavour from so many of the players today. Clearly they have absolutely no thought of what these games mean to the average fan, and by the attitude shown by so many players it must be a clear indication to the manager that they do not want nor deserve to be at a club such as ours. I'd suggest playing the kids but the decent ones have gone, so we'd be as well shutting that lot down too. The mismanagement by the bod has brought this upon us and its time they left, if this is the best they can do.

For a laugh here are my ratings

Fasan 4/10. Made a couple of routine saves, but felt he maybe could have done better with the first goal as it was a pretty soft effort that crept in.

Muirhead 1/10. Apparently he never misses a penalty. The chances of us getting one seems remote since we never get that far forward. Utterly useless. Possibly the worst captain there has ever been at the club, and not good enough for the Shire never mind us. Should never play for us again.
Dallison 0/10. Did nothing today. Nothing, and that is what he deserves. Like his captain, should never ever play for us again.
Harrison 0/10. Like his teammate and fellow central defender, so far short of what a footballer is he should pack his bags tonight and go back to whatever shytehole he came from. Actually worse than Dallison, which takes some doing.
Brough 5/10. Really did little wrong, although offers absolutely nothing going forward. Defended reasonably well and even won quite a few headers.

McGhee 5/10. Did what he could in midfield/back three. The question was, where was he meant to be playing? Midfield? If so he was too deep. If back 3? Then he was too far forward. Did what he could to stop us being overwhelmed.
Irving 1/10. Plays for Hearts allegedly - what - Kelty Hearts? He is slow, weak, too slow to make his passes and lacks strength and vision.Send him back to Tynecastle as I hear they are struggling for ball boys.
McKee 2/10. Pretty awful but did a power of chasing and harrying without ever really doing anything effective. Made zero attacking contribution.

Petravicious 4/10. Chased and harried, but snuffed out any time he tried to attack. At least put a shift in and you cant fault his effort, albeit totally devoid of any skill.
Lewis 2/10. Pointless playing this kid just now, as he can't even control the simplest of passes. Had high hopes for him, but he can catch the next overnighter back down to Luton whenever he wants (Watford, wherever)
Rudden 5/10. Spent as much time in his own half as he did in the oppositions. Held onto the ball too long and gave it away more often than not. However, he at least tried - something more than the rest of the team did put together.

Subs
Robson 4/10. Isolated way too often but stuck to his task managing to get forward now and again. Like the rest no confidence and so few options when he has the ball its inevitable he passed square/back so often.
Haber 1/10. Someone (Jonesy) said he won some headers. Did he? What - was it one or was it two? One run with the ball, zero positive outcome. I can jog quicker than he goes flat out. Hopeless.
Sammut 2/10. Came on too late to do anything but managed to pass to opponent as often as he did a team mate, so better than most of the rest.

MacKinnon 5/10. Made substitutions, but got the whole team set up wrong today imo. But when you have only got sh1t or sh1ttier then there is not much to choose between, But surely this can be the last time Harrison or Dallison ever play for us. Absolutely the worst players we have ever had at centre back.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 10:38:59 PM

Agreed alba, although in defense of the centre backs they don't get any help from the goalie who is glued to his line, nor the rb who cannot stop crosses, nor the midfield who cannot break up play or retain possession. The CBs are under constant pressure, doesnt help that they are slow to react to anything, struggle to win headers and dallison is more interested in looking good than playing well. Haber is a waster, clearly can't be arsed and quite rightly got some abuse from the SS.

The whole team is rotten from back to front, really is a sorry state, there's so many things wrong with this team.
I'd love to know what mackinnons game plan was in terms how we were supposed to close them down and attack, surely to God they weren't told to just hit it forward and hope.

As fans what do we do? We know we are rubbish so do we support them vocally and in numbers in the hope it helps them, or do we turn nasty at all and sundry?

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 11:01:21 PM

No point in blaming the players. They aren’t really a bunch of pros having the occasional bad day, or who just can’t be arsed.
With two or three exceptions, they are “players” who have been elevated to a standard of football that is well beyond their capabilities. They are all probably well aware of it too, but it’s not that they don’t want to be better, they simply never will be better.
Last summer’s project has even got the better of the law of averages in that a massive signing programme would be expected to throw up at least a couple of gems, whereas ours has delivered none. Not a single one.
All of this sits with our BoD and CEO (you know, the one who wanted to be communicative, but who now says nothing).
Thing is, they own the club, and can inflict as much damage as they like as there is currently no viable alternative.
Can’t deny that they have presided over some incredibly inept decision making though.

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 11:07:47 PM

They invested everything in Hartley I wonder where they would have been had McKinnon got the job after Houston left? Much better squad just under performing.

Hartley let every decent player go. Each one that left has went on and did quite well. Hartley should never get another job at a decent club again

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 11:08:53 PM

That said the squad that did well under Houston couldn’t get over the line so it’s down to the new manager to rebuild a new squad good enough to win the title.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 11:12:22 PM

Did anyone see the Hartley interview on Twitter? The guy is a total clown. Should be hung, drawn and quartered for what he's done.

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Sunday 07th 2018f October 2018 01:47:42 AM

It doesn't help when we don't have one defender who looks comfy enough to pass a ball out of defence. Everything is just cleared or half cleared. No Gerard Afjes, Cedric Uras or Murray Wallace.
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 07th 2018f October 2018 06:57:55 AM

yogisbairns wrote:
Sunday 07th 2018f October 2018 01:47:42 AM
It doesn't help when we don't have one defender who looks comfy enough to pass a ball out of defence. Everything is just cleared or half cleared. No Gerard Afjes, Cedric Uras or Murray Wallace.
Dallison appears to be the one who was meant to fulfil that role but hasn't realised 8 games in to his senior career in Scottish football that he won't get time on the ball. His inadvertent wiping out of the Fifers player yesterday after he allowed the ball to bounce or when he got robbed after trying to twist his way out from the back were typical examples.

I actually felt our heading away was decent yesterday but anything from feet was atrocious.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 07th 2018f October 2018 10:26:17 AM

rusty_nail wrote:
Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 08:01:35 PM
Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Saturday 06th 2018f October 2018 07:53:20 PM
Mitchell (when fit)
buaben sammut
Irving mckee Dunne
rudden
I still can't believe some would have Muirhead in the team. Captain (more like major disaster) and one of the poorest footballers I have ever seen. Retreats from the opposition and can't pass water far less a ball.

He should've gone in the summer and been replaced by an inept unknown rather than continue to accept his sh*tshow performances.
I would have Muirhead at centre half not at right back. I'd also give the captaincy to McGhee now. it's not Muirhead fault the team is so dire but under his captaincy the players don't look motivated so 1 win from 8 is give it to McGhee now
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 07th 2018f October 2018 05:15:39 PM

.....but there were claims that him becoming Captain last season was key in the improved performances. There were plenty of “since Muirhead became Captain we have won x amount of games”.
I don’t doubt he is passionate about his job and his profession. He is simply no longer good enough.
I know we all look for any and every small thing in the hope of finding something positive to cling to, but it isn’t motivation, communication, organisation or any other soft skill. Other than four or five in the squad, the rest are simply not good enough. Some might be good enough in a year or two, others will never ever reach the required standard.
We have a squad that is simply flailing around, and completely out of their depth.

McKinnon has an impossible job between now and January. Thereafter, it’s just stupidly difficult.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 01:12:04 PM

Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back.
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals.
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away.
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough.
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont.
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......
Here comes the doom.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 02:30:10 PM

I think I might have seen you in Saturday as I left the bar. Fair play to you got giving them some grief. I just hope Ray is telling another 4 of them to get f*cked this week and that he dished out the mother of all hairdryer treatments on Saturday. We'll be bottom and out of sight of he can't bring in another 2 or 3 before Xmas. 3 points from a possible 24 is disgusting.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:18:20 PM

I saw Dallison leaving the ground on his own today and he wasn't wearing training gear. Can only hope that that's a sign.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Jarvis the Ginger General
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by Jarvis the Ginger General » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:30:43 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 01:12:04 PM
Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back.
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals.
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away.
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough.
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont.
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......
No need to be embarrassed. I also spotted you after leaving the pub talking to Harrison - I wished I had cared enough to do what you did. I did wonder why Kidd was hanging about looking nervous in the foyer bit!!

The last few months have left me so dejected I don't have the energy to do anything. I feel zero connection with the club or any of the players for possibly the first time ever in my 35+ years of being a Bairn - and none of the players seem to care or be hurting at the absolute shambles they have served up over the last few home games. I remember sitting at the Montrose game thinking we looked a real mess and the players lacked basic quality but thought it was just a blip - but couldn't have been more wrong.
Im constantly updating my hit parade of the 10 biggest w**ks on OneF.