Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Re: Falkirk v Scumfermline 06/10/18

Post by Pete » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:53:34 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 01:12:04 PM
Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back.
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals.
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away.
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough.
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont.
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......
:clap: Well done. They deserved every last bit of criticism.

Bainsfordbairn2
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by Bainsfordbairn2 » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 06:06:18 PM

hobbes wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:18:20 PM
I saw Dallison leaving the ground on his own today and he wasn't wearing training gear. Can only hope that that's a sign.
On training days the players generally arrive and depart in their own clothes. Fresh training gear is laid out for them by the kitman when they arrive and then put in the laundry bags for washing after they've worn it.

The only time you'll see them wearing tracksuits etc is on a match day.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 07:34:39 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 02:30:10 PM
I think I might have seen you in Saturday as I left the bar. Fair play to you got giving them some grief. I just hope Ray is telling another 4 of them to get f*cked this week and that he dished out the mother of all hairdryer treatments on Saturday. We'll be bottom and out of sight of he can't bring in another 2 or 3 before Xmas. 3 points from a possible 24 is disgusting.
Yeah, that was me. I was just so unhappy with everything about that performance. Obviously beer makes it 10 times worse, but these guys genuinely think the “effort” they put in was decent. It just beggars belief. I wish there had been a hundred of us giving them pelters, but even the fans are giving up hope. It’s sad times for the club.
Here comes the doom.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 07:53:15 PM

Bainsfordbairn2 wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 06:06:18 PM
hobbes wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:18:20 PM
I saw Dallison leaving the ground on his own today and he wasn't wearing training gear. Can only hope that that's a sign.
On training days the players generally arrive and depart in their own clothes. Fresh training gear is laid out for them by the kitman when they arrive and then put in the laundry bags for washing after they've worn it.

The only time you'll see them wearing tracksuits etc is on a match day.
I know that, it was more a comment in hope.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 08:51:53 PM

Jarvis the Ginger General wrote:
Monday 08th 2018f October 2018 03:30:43 PM
Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back.
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals.
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away.
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough.
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont.
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......
No need to be embarrassed. I also spotted you after leaving the pub talking to Harrison - I wished I had cared enough to do what you did. I did wonder why Kidd was hanging about looking nervous in the foyer bit!!

The last few months have left me so dejected I don't have the energy to do anything. I feel zero connection with the club or any of the players for possibly the first time ever in my 35+ years of being a Bairn - and none of the players seem to care or be hurting at the absolute shambles they have served up over the last few home games. I remember sitting at the Montrose game thinking we looked a real mess and the players lacked basic quality but thought it was just a blip - but couldn't have been more wrong.
You are basically me here. I've opted out - it's basically not worth my effort at the moment. Fair play to those who continue to go; I'll never criticise you, but I'm out for the foreseeable.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by kent brockman » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 09:22:17 AM

I totally understand your frustration about the current situation but slagging off the players wont help.

I honestly believe they are doing their best but they are simply not good enough.
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 09:24:50 AM

Fair play to you my man. At least it shows you care, more than can be said for some. Got to admit after watching that on Saturday I did not have the heart or energy to do what you did. That has been slowly sucked out of me after the past wee while, starting as the end of Houstie's reign came to an end. Then onto the bombscare that Hartley brought to our club then on Saturday when we had zero passion, commitment or shot on target.
As you rightly state years ago the players would not have dared show their face as there would have been hundreds baying for blood but now......

Tom Vek
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Tom Vek » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 01:02:09 PM

B17E3848-CAB0-4507-A51D-5A71C4228F8E.jpeg
B17E3848-CAB0-4507-A51D-5A71C4228F8E.jpeg (73.63 KiB) Viewed 1290 times

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 01:49:24 PM

Tom Vek, what do you mean by that?
Here comes the doom.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 03:05:21 PM

I guess he's saying you didn't do what you've said despite 2 other posters seeing you do it!
Ignore him.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 04:40:12 PM

hobbes wrote:
Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 03:05:21 PM
I guess he's saying you didn't do what you've said despite 2 other posters seeing you do it!
Ignore him.
That's what I thought. :roll:
Doubting Thomas right enough.
Here comes the doom.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 10:20:15 PM

One thing is for sure. We need to beat Alloa in all four games. Anything less will surely mean automatic relegation.
The lad Brough seems to be the only one of the guys from down south who has any desire at all to make a go of it. To me, Dallison looks like he has already had enough.
After January (loan deals permitting), no one other than McGhee, Robson, Rudden, Mitchell, Petra and maybe Brough should ever get near the first team again.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Wednesday 10th 2018f October 2018 09:28:25 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Tuesday 09th 2018f October 2018 10:20:15 PM
After January (loan deals permitting), no one other than McGhee, Robson, Rudden, Mitchell, Petra and maybe Brough should ever get near the first team again.
I'd add McKee to that list as I suspect he's carrying an injury but is playing because he's better than the others we have in midfield e.g Paton.

He did take a sore one against DU and was expected to be out but miraculously, I thought, returned against Alloa the following week. Hopefully he can use the international break to recover.

It would appear McKinnon has identified his core and for good or bad that's what we'll see until January unless we make additions like Bauben but I think he's likely to wait.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 10th 2018f October 2018 01:53:52 PM

I'm glad someone made the effort to at least confront the players, I cannot be arsed even going. The club have my season ticket money, so its just one less moaning voice from the stands.

There is zero hope these days, in the past you could take comfort in tales of some wonder kid that may come good, we don't even have that.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.