v's alloa

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

v's alloa

Post by chippo1876 » Saturday 29th 2018f September 2018 07:47:34 PM

wow i would've thought this place would be smouldering with all the positive comments after the result today, glad to see the team get the 3 points and a clean sheet hopefully it gives us something to take into the game against the fifers. i wasn't at the game so i cant comment on the performance but as i said pleased to see the team pick up the 3 points. onwards and upwards !

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: v's alloa

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 29th 2018f September 2018 07:54:18 PM

Didn’t go, watched the Ryder Cup. Not going to get excited beating bloody Alloa as we’ll get horsed next week.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 29th 2018f September 2018 07:59:33 PM

I watched on ftv

Overall was still quite a poor performance but they scored two decent goals, kept a clean sheet and got the 3 points.

Hopefully we can start to build a bit of momentum and get something from next week's game

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 29th 2018f September 2018 08:09:35 PM

You can see the progress we're making under Ray. For me, today was in many ways similar to last week with periods where we looked comfortable and in control and created chances but periods where we looked very ropey at the back. Big difference being we found the net twice and unlucky not have scored at least another.

I thought we opened the game up very poorly though. The 25 minutes or so leading to the goal was amongst the worst I've seen from us this season. The pitch dimensions didn't help but during that period, Paton was probably our better play which really says all you need to know. But, from the minute we scored we picked up the pace and, on the whole, dominated the rest of the match other than a very nervy final 10 minutes or so. Keen to point out that from the goal, Paton was terrible.

Ray caught be by surprise with the starting line up - seemed the sort of match and conditions absolutely right for someone like Haber and to be fair to the big man he did OK when he came on late in the match.

Petra, Rudden, Lewis and Irving all had decent games. Overall, we're improving nicely in the middle and top thirds of the pitch but that backline is incredibly weak. If by some miracle we are within touching distance of safety come the Jan window then that is #1 priority for me.

Onwards and upwards. That's 4 goals for and 5 against in 3 games under Ray vs 1 and 8 in 4 under Hartley. Ray's working a little magic with this horrendous squad.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 29th 2018f September 2018 09:35:47 PM

Not there, but by all accounts a decent enough performance, certainly 2nd half and a deserved 3 points, which I'll gladly take, regardless of the opposition. Good to see Rudden get a couple of goals, and him and Petrivicius at least appear to be offering us some threat up front. McGhee seemingly played in midfield when he came on, perhaps he'll take Paton's place when up to match fitness! Need to try and build on this, although next week will be a much tougher test as Dunfermline have a load of good attacking players, and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if we got a horsing and were back to square one. We need 3 points next week just to keep us in touch with eighth.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Jim Holmes
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Jim Holmes » Sunday 30th 2018f September 2018 03:28:35 PM

After six straight defeats to kick off the campaign, I couldn't care less about the performance. The result was all that mattered. Same goes for next week. Progress has been made since McKinnon came in so onwards and upwards. In Ray we trust
Looking for a low cost loan?

http://uk.zopa.com/member/andersonwlIt costs nowt to get a quote

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 30th 2018f September 2018 08:10:37 PM

Well done three points. A horsing next week?
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Sunday 30th 2018f September 2018 08:52:28 PM

Great result seems good progress now.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 12:47:53 PM

I said before heading through to the game that I didn't care about the performance. as long as we got the three points, and that's exactly how it turned out. No Falkirk fan would be happy with the level of performance we are currently having to endure, but I don't care right now.
Petra again our best player along with Rudden. Paton made 5 or 6 good blocks early doors, then got booked for two ridiculously poor challenges, then fell out the game until eventually being subbed and replaced by McGhee. The ironic cheers are never good to hear in my book, but he is so far past his best (whatever that may have been). I fear he will start again on Saturday, but will be replaced after 50 mins.
The back four played better, although still nervy. Our keeper is a bag of nerves and still worrying whenever the ball is anywhere near the 18 yarder. Pulled off one decent save, but pushed it back IN to play, rather than away. We got away with it, but best not to dwell on his performance.
Dennon is a worker, but severely lacking the confidence to have a go at goal, or take on a defender.
The fact the Froxy, Robson, Greenwood or Dunne can get a sniff at the team shows their is something wrong. WE KNOW the Robson is good enough, but he isnt in the starting 11. We KNOW Greenwood is a good attacking threat, but again nowhere near getting a game. The only two conclusions I can draw is they are not showing up in training (as I have said in another thread) or, McKinnon see's them as too attacking an option, and wants to ensure we are solid and have the players who will cover and track back.
Not looking forward to the visit from the knuckle draggers, but if we get a drab 0:0 draw, it would be progress again.
Here comes the doom.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 02:24:45 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 12:47:53 PM
Our keeper is a bag of nerves and still worrying whenever the ball is anywhere near the 18 yarder. Pulled off one decent save, but pushed it back IN to play, rather than away. We got away with it, but best not to dwell on his performance.
My fear is someone like Higginbotham will have a field day with Fasan as he will strike it from anywhere with decent technique :(

I really, really do not wish to see his smug face celebrating in front of us again :x
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 07:46:07 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 02:24:45 PM
Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 01st 2018f October 2018 12:47:53 PM
Our keeper is a bag of nerves and still worrying whenever the ball is anywhere near the 18 yarder. Pulled off one decent save, but pushed it back IN to play, rather than away. We got away with it, but best not to dwell on his performance.
My fear is someone like Higginbotham will have a field day with Fasan as he will strike it from anywhere with decent technique :(

I really, really do not wish to see his smug face celebrating in front of us again :x
If you don’t want to see that, you best not go on Saturday then.
Here comes the doom.