Re: Falkirk v Dundee Utd 22/9/18

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 10:22:04 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:33:22 PM
Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:24:51 PM
Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:05:19 PM
Didn't think that was too bad today to be honest.
You say that every week, I assume you do it to be delibarately contrary. Last weeks game had at least some signs of promise, this weeks had none at all, perhaps beyond a decent performance from Petrivicius, aside from missing the only good chance we created. Paton reverted to type. About eight or nine of that starting eleven have no business picking up a wage as a professional footballer. Without seven or eight free transfer signings we are down, January will be far too late. Alloa next week will be an utterly grim experience, good luck to anyone attending. Arbroath and Forfar here we come.
Perhaps I have been numbed by performances (particularly over the past 5 years or so) but I genuinely don't think that was too bad today. We created a number of chances today - particularly in the second half (both Petra and McKee should have scored). We looked pretty comfortable up to their goal despite a slew of first half corners. Had it remained even stevens at full time I don't think United fans would've grumbled.

To be honest, perhaps I don't care enough to get angry these days. It's pretty hard to give a sh1t when you've seen this coming for 10 years. Mildly amazed the club still exists to be frank.
Fair enough. For me, the relative poverty of United's performance is what made today so bloody depressing. We were not as spectacularly bad as against QOS, but in that game we were pretty much ripped to shreds by an expetional player at this level, even at the age of 35. Dobbie is something akin to Latapy in that respect. Apart from maybe McMullan, that was a pretty nondescript United side, containing the likes of Aird and Watson, who no one was sorry to see the back of, yet there was never any real sense of momentum, any real belief that we were capable of winning the game. Getting to 70 at nil-nil and then taking our chances in the last 20 seemed to be about the zenith of our ambition, and that was out the window as soon as Fasan sold the first goal. It's only September and I'll venture that pretty much all of us are uttterly sick of the sight of 95% of this mob. Even someone like Irving, who looked promising in his first few appearances, has regressed at an alarming rate in a short space of time.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 23rd 2018f September 2018 08:22:19 AM

Well after witnessing that game I think we are fecked this season. From back to front we didn't seem to a clue as how to defend, attack or stop a really poor Utd team. I know when your at the bottom things go against you but every team in the league will be champing at the bit to play us. We are devoid of talent, creativity and fight. Other posters are right about teams coming to TFS and not being scared, far from it they love coming here.

I don't know what the BoD sold Ray McKinnon but surely he must be doubting coming to us after only this short space of time. I hear people say 'oh once he gets to January he can get rid of a few(many) ' but by then it will be way, way too late, We are basically screwed and its been coming for a while.

I did think the appointment of Hartley was a good one at the time but he must shoulder the majority of the blame here as it is his signings that are on show here and you would struggle to get a player out of the lot of them if you mixed them up. He has left a clusterfcuk for sure.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 23rd 2018f September 2018 10:21:43 AM

Alloa will probably be the nadir next week as I reckon we'll crumble if Alloa approach it as I think they will: Robustly and committed to putting distance between us and them. We are so fragile that unless we're winning 4 or 5 nil I'd still expect us to lose.

Their expectations will have changed now that we increasingly look like becoming marooned at the bottom.

Hyperbolic I hope but could we be worse than Brechin last year. At least they had the excuse of being part-time in a full-time league.

I won't criticise McKinnon for now or his selections as ultimately it's not his squad. As for Robson, that is now two successive manager's who don't see him as a starter regardless of our opinion so something is obviously a miss.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 23rd 2018f September 2018 10:35:25 AM

Even after sleeping on it I'm still raging after that yesterday,, there's just so many things wrong with that team.

It may seem harsh but the manager should take some criticism, for example

- Fasan should have been dropped after last week, was all over the place
- Why change the 4 4 2 from against Ayr when we actually looked semi decent in that first half
- Haber, why even bother? He can't run, jump or control a ball.
- Robson was probably the best player against nomads but was dropped for Brough, why? Tbf to Brough defensively, as evident by the fact most of our problems come down our right, he's done ok but offers nothing going forward
- What has happened to Dunne and greenwood? Surely one of these would offer something off the bench instead of kidd

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 25th 2018f September 2018 12:44:32 PM

I think we need to accept that the likes of Robson and Greenwood are not showing up in training, or they would be in the team.
Same with Dunne.
Its not like McKinnon is deliberately playing the players in the starting 11 to p1ss us all off. They are obviously showing up at training to at least merit their starting berth. Rumours that Greenwood is a billy big boots. Whether that is true or not, only those inside the club will know for certain. I would put money on it that Robson and Dunne are just not doing enough to show they are a first team pick. If they were, they would be playing. I would also flag up that if Robson has an issue with McKinnon, or vice versa, well, that would be two managers in a row, and I would suggest the trend show the issue lies with Robson, and not the other way round.
If Greenwood showed the right attitude and got in the starting 11, he is a game changer for us. The fact that he isnt, tells me something is not right with the kid, or he is injured.
There are chances for every single player to get in to that first team. They just need to show up in training, and I think those on the bench arent doing enough. Its certainly not the Managers fault if he cant pick players who don't do the "9 to 5" well during the week.
Here comes the doom.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 25th 2018f September 2018 01:10:25 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Tuesday 25th 2018f September 2018 12:44:32 PM
I think we need to accept that the likes of Robson and Greenwood are not showing up in training, or they would be in the team.
Same with Dunne.
Its not like McKinnon is deliberately playing the players in the starting 11 to p1ss us all off. They are obviously showing up at training to at least merit their starting berth. Rumours that Greenwood is a billy big boots. Whether that is true or not, only those inside the club will know for certain. I would put money on it that Robson and Dunne are just not doing enough to show they are a first team pick. If they were, they would be playing. I would also flag up that if Robson has an issue with McKinnon, or vice versa, well, that would be two managers in a row, and I would suggest the trend show the issue lies with Robson, and not the other way round.
If Greenwood showed the right attitude and got in the starting 11, he is a game changer for us. The fact that he isnt, tells me something is not right with the kid, or he is injured.
There are chances for every single player to get in to that first team. They just need to show up in training, and I think those on the bench arent doing enough. Its certainly not the Managers fault if he cant pick players who don't do the "9 to 5" well during the week.
I agree with your analysis of the situation. We also have to factor in the fact that we have so many players that have upped-sticks to move North and that may be affecting one or more especially when it's not going so well on the park. Long gone are the days of believing players live in a bubble.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk