Falkirk v Dundee Utd 22/9/18

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Falkirk v Dundee Utd 22/9/18

Post by rusty_nail » Wednesday 19th 2018f September 2018 10:27:57 AM

Are we hoping for the same team as Ayr but with less errors?

Also, reading online there seems to be growing dissatisfaction with Laszlo from their lot so does this present us with the best chance of kick-starting our season?
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Re: Falkirk v Dundee Utd 22/9/18

Post by yogisbairns » Wednesday 19th 2018f September 2018 10:40:52 AM

I get the feeling that the Dundee Utd fans want to take a hit on this game in the hope that it gets rid of Lazlo. He seems to be pretty unpopular amongst them. Whilst I fealt that their was an improvement on the first 45 minutes last Saturday, it wasn't as knicker wetting as some people seem to have made out. Probably goes to show how low our expectations have gotten. This game could go any way, but I'll gladly take a terrible 1-0 win at the moment. Its a game where the winner will make less f#ck ups than the losers. :(
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Wednesday 19th 2018f September 2018 12:26:52 PM

Any win, ugly or otherwise will do.
Is this the worst ever start to a season for Falkirk? Does anyone know?
I think if we lose this one, 6 games on the bounce cant be far off it.
Here comes the doom.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 21st 2018f September 2018 06:34:46 PM

Oh No! The weekend is here, I’ve a good week and this match is almost certain to spoil it.

Cannot see us containing Dundee Utd, so we’ll have to score 3 at least which seems very unlikely.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Tom
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by Tom » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 05:18:40 PM

Six defeats on the bounce, has this ever happened before ?
this is a truly shocking statistic,when's this going to end ?

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 05:33:27 PM

if McKinnon continues to pick fasan and Paton I'll lose faith in him quickly. fasan punched in the first half when he should have caught it all day long and was lucky to get away with it, I don't know what he was doing with the crucial opening goal that let them in. Paton is absolutely done. I don't blame him I blame 2 successive managers who pick him.

up front we completely lack composure. Lewis is a headless chicken. haber us too immobile to play so isolated.

I wouldn't have taken Irving off. we got worse when we did.

we need to get Robson and Russell possibly Greenwood back in this team. were not winning anyway.

I thought petravious was our best player at least posed some kind of threat but even he made loads of mistakes

0 wins from 6. 0 goals in 3 home games. I haven't seen us win in the league since April. possibly the worst falkirk side I've seen in 35 years.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 05:47:14 PM

How a keeper, at 6'3", can get beaten to an aimless high ball, when he's also got an arms reach advantage over a striker, is beyond me.
Fully expect Mutch between the sticks next week.

Team did play better, if not being able to hit a barn door at 5 paces. But were undone by a complete gift of a lead & a sleeping defence who guaranteed the 3 points to Utd.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 06:08:49 PM

Not too many positives today against a poor united side. Just can’t see where a win is coming from pre Xmas. Next week it’s alloa and defeat there would be a major nail in the coffin. Keeper at fault for both goals and how did Petra miss his chance. It’s a real chore going at the moment

dumbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by dumbairn » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 07:05:59 PM

You can see we approach every game now, walking on eggshells. And the last thing you need in that scenario is a hapless goalkeeper. It was an error for the first that belonged in the 1960s. The worry is, I don't think they lacked effort today, just devoid of the necessary talents. Haber is never going to be anything other than a 6 yard box player so if there's no service, he's redundant. An idea this week would be to practice crossing the ball into the area, missing the first man. Now that it's apparent the standard of player is not defined by responding to a manager, I have to say, what Hartley's created here is disgraceful, criminal almost, and he should never again be allowed to take charge of a football club anywhere.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 07:14:16 PM

Hopefully all the dreaming about coaching and organising our way out of this have finally been put to bed.
Every single player brought in since last season with the exception of Petra needs to be cleared out, and they need to take Muirhead with them.
Petra, McGhee and Robson are currently the only outfield players capable of holding down a place at championship level.
We tend to get a reputation of being hypercritical, but this time, I think we need to be. No more “oh he is not too bad”. Everyone that Hartley brought in other than Petra and Robson needs to go.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 07:47:23 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 07:14:16 PM
Hopefully all the dreaming about coaching and organising our way out of this have finally been put to bed.
Every single player brought in since last season with the exception of Petra needs to be cleared out, and they need to take Muirhead with them.
Petra, McGhee and Robson are currently the only outfield players capable of holding down a place at championship level.
We tend to get a reputation of being hypercritical, but this time, I think we need to be. No more “oh he is not too bad”. Everyone that Hartley brought in other than Petra and Robson needs to go.
They should put an option in to the players contract that if the manager that signs them gets the sack then the club have the option to terminate their contract. That way players futures lie in line with the manager so there can be no downing tools if they don’t get on with him and if the players are crap then we can get shot of them without it costing us.

Jarvis the Ginger General
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by Jarvis the Ginger General » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 08:19:26 PM

That was one of the most depressing performances in my 35 years of supporting Falkirk. This team has nothing front to back. At least a few tried today - Petra was OK, Dennon at least gave a bit of spark, Rudden cared. The defence tried but Jesus Muirhead and Dallison are abysmal. In midfield there was nothing .Paton is disgusting - a wage thief devoid of any football talent - I'd be delighted if we binned him. I met 4 Arabs after the game and not one of them knew he was playing. McKee was a shoot bag again. Haber was atrocious reminded me of Davide xauasa. I could go on. It will be a miracle if we get 9th. 8th is impossible with this shower of complete c***ts. I'm so depressed I think I will give fifer game a miss.
Im constantly updating my hit parade of the 10 biggest w**ks on OneF.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 08:47:56 PM

Pretty ominous from the start today. From the kick off we pumped the ball straight out of play, and then from then on we gradually got worse and worse. We were second to every ball, we never closed them down, we waited for the pass too long and the tactic of throwing long balls over the top only work when you have three pacey guys, not just one. Petravicious got onto the end of plenty and looked up to see no-one within 30 yards of him. Now, he is no world beater and can't cross worth a fcuk anyway, but on his own what was he meant to do? United hassled us, closed us down and we simply had no-one capable or willing to do anything about it. Only when the game was pretty much already lost did we bring on Robson and Lewis who at least attempted to get us forward with pace and drove at the opposition. Too little, too late. Its obvious that McKinnon hasn't a clue as to how to win games, as that defence he picked is shocking, the midfield worse and the front two a joke (well one of them was anyway). If he believes that Brough is a better option than Robson then my faith in him is already minuscule. Add to that, that he kept Paton on for 90 minutes means we have a manager who is as clueless as the one we just got rid of. I went today against my better judgement, and my next game is with my son who is back up for the Dunfermline game, but I suspect that will be it until after January window at the earliest. Thats the poorest team/squad for many a long year, and there are only a handful that deserve to stay beyond Xmas.

Ratings

Fasan 1/10. At fault for first goal and should have done better for second also. Distribution not as awful as some, but a weak link in an already weak team.

Muirhead 3/10. If we ever get a penalty then I am sure he will take it and score. Until that unlikely scenario ever arises he should be nowhere near the first team, never mind be captain. He is neither a leader nor a communicator. The wingers had him on toast all game, and he fouled the player in the build up to their second goal. Atrocious, apart from 2 or 3 excellent long cross-field passes.
Harrison 5/10. Given the fact that he and his central defensive partner cannot run the length of themselves, he did pretty well. Got his body in the way a few times and not the worst with his passing. He's poor but at least gave it his best shot.
Dallison 5/10. As with Harrison, as slow as a week offshore, but stuck to his task and made a few last ditch clearances and tackles. He's sh1t, but again he stuck to it and didn't make too many mistakes.
Brough 3/10. Apparently this guy is better than Robson. On what planet would that be Mr McKinnon? He was slow, didn't tackle and never went forward or looked to join in with any attacks. Utter p1sh.

McKee 5/10. Not at his best today and misplaced a few passes, but covered a lot of ground and did his best at putting out the fires. Alone in midfield for most of the match as his fellow midfielders were passengers throughout.
Paton 1/10. Played 90 minutes, or rather was on the pitch for 90 minutes. He did absolutely nothing. Starting him is like starting with 10 men as he is neither use nor ornament. I can think of no completed forward pass, tackle, interception or header won.
Irving 2/10. Can pass a ball. Unfortunately he can't run, can't tackle and has little/no positional sense. Passing a ball is all fine and well, but there is more to the game than standing around and making the odd pass.

Petravicious 6/10. My MotM. Yes he has the close control of a baby elephant and the speed of a cheetah (and about as much footballing sense) but he grafted solid for 90 minutes. Should that be enough for MotM? No, but its all we have to cheer today. Unbelievable miss from 6 yards out and some woeful crossing, but at least he gave it everything for the whole game.
Haber 1/10. Won a few headers. Can't hold the ball up, can't link play, lacks pace and endurance. And thats his good points. If we play him we must realise he will only ever be any use in the 6 yard box, if that. I'd send him home today. Pointless signing.
Rudden 4/10. Did a fair bit of running around, but doesn't look that much better than Haber to be honest. At least he gave it everything, hence the high mark for his attitude and work rate.

Subs
Kidd 1/10. Did nothing constructive at all after one brief spell when he first came on.
Robson 6/10. Did more attacking in his 20 minutes than the rest of the team put together did in their 90 mins on the park.
Lewis 6/10. Drove at the opposition and at least tried to make something happen. All too often outnumbered and lacking support (except by Robson).

McKinnon 1/10. Got pretty much everything wrong today. If he thinks that starting 11 is his best players and today the ball over the top was the right tactics then I really have no faith in the man.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:05:19 PM

Didn't think that was too bad today to be honest. In the last 5 years I've seen performances far, far worse. I understand that the season to date has been a complete disaster but taking this game in isolation and not allowing the prior 5 games to cloud judgement I though today was ok on the whole.

No one stood out on our side mind you, but mediocre is a step in the right direction considering some performances this season. Petra was by far our best player. Feed him the correct balls and he'll tear down the flanks as he did today. Fasan, unfortunately, was a mess. He looked ropey in the first half punching one cross when it was easier to catch. What happened for goal one was simply an absolute joke.

Up to that point, United hadn't really created any clear cut chances. Some half chances here and there and speculative efforts. I thought we looked comfortable enough and good for a point (at least). That was entirely blown out of the water by Fasan. Even at 1 down when we brought Lewis on we looked like we might get something. I've been highly critical of Lewis but he looked good when he came on firing in at least 3 dangerous crosses that I still can't quite understand how we didn't put one of them away.

But that's life when down on your luck. Take the McKee chance for example - if we had been battling at the top and on form that wouldve found the net for sure. I'm sure Ray will look on the bright side. We are certainly playing with a little more direction and purpose than under Hartley. Another few small steps and we should see some points on the board.

Feel a bit sorry for Haber - he gets a lot of flak but I wont criticise his performance today. He was pretty much up top on his own and, for me, won a fair few headers with the scraps he was dealt. He had zero support. No point playing him if we won't play to his strengths. Kind of reminds me of Higdon. We were forever using him the wrong way but as he showed on his travels, when put into a system that suits he'll score.

One last thing. Whoever tossed their scarf onto the pitch near the end can f*cking do one. What a disgrace. Do your own health a favour and stay away if that's the sort of sh1t you're going to pull. Also pretty disappointing to hear some boo's in the main stand at half time. It was 0-0 for f*ck sake and we were competing and in the game. The sh1t storm we're currently in is the situation these sort of clowns deserve.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:16:12 PM

Have to agree with most posters tonight. I thought coaching and organisation would herald massive improvement but I think I mentioned it before in another topic that if the players aren't up to the job then those things will only take you so far. Sadly it looks that way for a few (majority!) of the squad.

Did anyone else notice Muirhead react to the criticism he got in the 1st half. The pressure on these players is beginning to tell and I was struck that this got a bigger reaction from him than the lacklustre performance he was witnessing and party to!

Also telling was Lewis's reaction to his team-mates when they criticised him for putting the ball in to the box (heaven forbid). Too many times we attacked and no-one thought to go and attack.

Fasan totally culpable and will be surprised if he starts next week or finishes the season with us.

Even at this relatively early stage of the season I think we're bound for the drop :-? :roll:

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:24:10 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:16:12 PM
Even at this relatively early stage of the season I think we're bound for the drop :-? :roll:
If we have 0 points after the Dunfermline game then I think we're f*cked. Lose to Dunfermline and we could be as many as 11 points behind 8th and not even a quarter of the season gone!

Just nothing we can do now until Xmas. REally got to wonder why Ray took this job on. Do you think he realised how dug sh1t the squad is?!
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:24:51 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:05:19 PM
Didn't think that was too bad today to be honest.
You say that every week, I assume you do it to be delibarately contrary. Last weeks game had at least some signs of promise, this weeks had none at all, perhaps beyond a decent performance from Petrivicius, aside from missing the only good chance we created. Paton reverted to type. About eight or nine of that starting eleven have no business picking up a wage as a professional footballer. Without seven or eight free transfer signings we are down, January will be far too late. Alloa next week will be an utterly grim experience, good luck to anyone attending. Arbroath and Forfar here we come.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:33:22 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:24:51 PM
Sir Jones wrote:
You say that every week, I assume you do it to be delibarately contrary. Last weeks game had at least some signs of promise, this weeks had none at all, perhaps beyond a decent performance from Petrivicius, aside from missing the only good chance we created. Paton reverted to type. About eight or nine of that starting eleven have no business picking up a wage as a professional footballer. Without seven or eight free transfer signings we are down, January will be far too late. Alloa next week will be an utterly grim experience, good luck to anyone attending. Arbroath and Forfar here we come.
Perhaps I have been numbed by performances (particularly over the past 5 years or so) but I genuinely don't think that was too bad today. We created a number of chances today - particularly in the second half (both Petra and McKee should have scored). We looked pretty comfortable up to their goal despite a slew of first half corners. Had it remained even stevens at full time I don't think United fans would've grumbled.

To be honest, perhaps I don't care enough to get angry these days. It's pretty hard to give a sh1t when you've seen this coming for 10 years. Mildly amazed the club still exists to be frank.
Last edited by Sir Jones on Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:39:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:38:49 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:24:51 PM
Sir Jones wrote:
You say that every week, I assume you do it to be delibarately contrary...
I see the improvement but it's the standard type of performance I expect from a team in our position. What annoys me and was evident even in our good seasons was we never look like the home team. We allow teams to come to TFS and boss us.

When we were decent we could ride out the opposition's pressure but now we're at the bottom it's just asking for trouble as we could concede from any play and we don't have the confidence to get back on par.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 09:41:34 PM

It's been years since we looked like a home side at TFS. Can't actually recall the last time we looked great at home. SPL era? Promotion season? Houston tapped into it once or twice (Hibs playoff a great example).

We've been a naive club for years. Not nasty or clever enough. All too nicey nicey family matters. Folk around the country f*cking loathe us - I'd rather we started playing up to that any way we can.