vs Ayr Utd :Post Match

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: vs Ayr Utd :Post Match

Post by Ricey » Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 01:10:33 PM

I didn’t miss the point you as ever moved the goal posts. We signed Jonny Mitchell on a 2 year contract when he left forth valley. He would have been on a tiny wage as they all are at this age. Why a 2 year contract and not a longer contract or one with options when we were dealing with a Scottish international? He clearly was keen to sign at that point as most are. We then had opportunities to sell the club to him and get him extended whilst at the club and were unable to do so, why?

Experienced players contracts are different, more complicated and with more financial risk so that’s a separate argument. With youth players we should have been in control but weren’t and I blame our incompetent BOD.

Bainsfordbairn
International Sub
International Sub

Re: vs Ayr Utd :Post Match

Post by Bainsfordbairn » Sunday 23rd 2018f September 2018 07:14:42 PM

Ricey wrote:
Saturday 22nd 2018f September 2018 01:10:33 PM
I didn’t miss the point you as ever moved the goal posts. We signed Jonny Mitchell on a 2 year contract when he left forth valley. He would have been on a tiny wage as they all are at this age. Why a 2 year contract and not a longer contract or one with options when we were dealing with a Scottish international? He clearly was keen to sign at that point as most are. We then had opportunities to sell the club to him and get him extended whilst at the club and were unable to do so, why?

Experienced players contracts are different, more complicated and with more financial risk so that’s a separate argument. With youth players we should have been in control but weren’t and I blame our incompetent BOD.
I'm almost certain the two year contract is standard and would have been decided by the coach who was giving the players a job, which in this case was Alan Maybury. And the decision to extend the contract - and when to offer that extension - was Paul Hartley's. These are football decisions made by football people. Not by lawyers, plumbers, politicians or accountants on a board.