Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: FALKIRK 0 1 NOMADS

Post by John Markie » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 09:07:40 PM

Ranaldo Bairn wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:40:42 AM
As I mentioned previously I gave up my ST this summer. Last season was clearly unacceptable, and I have lots of other reasons for dumping it, and even while the summer's recruitment was a laugh, it was not enough to get me to fork out.

We can all see just what the standard of the recruitment has turned out to be, but I've still gone along to the Montrose, SJ, Sevcolts and CQN games.

No more. I left yesterday feeling actually sick at how far we've fallen, so I'm out, for this season at least.
You sound like me in the way that you are feeling. I'll go a few more times, but nowhere near as often as I did. Haven't seen us this bad for a long time. We will be very fortunate to survive in this league this season. My real issue was the keeping of shyte players like Muirhead whilst letting gems like Jonny Mitchell go. It didn't make sense to me at the time, and makes even less sense now. I can't support the club any longer whilst the people who are running it make so many stupid decisions. Its not like its a one off.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:19:47 PM

John Markie wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 09:07:40 PM
Ranaldo Bairn wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:40:42 AM
As I mentioned previously I gave up my ST this summer. Last season was clearly unacceptable, and I have lots of other reasons for dumping it, and even while the summer's recruitment was a laugh, it was not enough to get me to fork out.

We can all see just what the standard of the recruitment has turned out to be, but I've still gone along to the Montrose, SJ, Sevcolts and CQN games.

No more. I left yesterday feeling actually sick at how far we've fallen, so I'm out, for this season at least.
You sound like me in the way that you are feeling. I'll go a few more times, but nowhere near as often as I did. Haven't seen us this bad for a long time. We will be very fortunate to survive in this league this season. My real issue was the keeping of shyte players like Muirhead whilst letting gems like Jonny Mitchell go. It didn't make sense to me at the time, and makes even less sense now. I can't support the club any longer whilst the people who are running it make so many stupid decisions. Its not like its a one off.
Yup.

And these characters Big 60 and Dixie Chicken-hearted can get themselves right into the sea. I knew there would be some sanctimonious pish coming my way, and sure enough...
  • NUMBER ONE: I have multiple other more important family and financial commitments.
  • I live in Perthshire so have to drive and therefore can't have a beer before/after.
  • I have only one friend that goes to the games. ONE person I can have a laugh with, barring the odd joke with the ever changing cast of characters sitting in mute depression around the stand.
  • I can sometimes encourage one or another of my sprogs to come along but quite frankly I feel bad doing that to them these days.
  • It's not just we're bad, I've seen us bad before, but we've been terminally BORING for about 2 years now. No, actually for the best part of a decade barring maybe two or three exciting seasons.
  • I've barely made half of our games the last few years anyway, through inability, work, or simply lack of motivation, so a ST is a bad investment.
In short, it's a dreadful, absolutely dreadful experience for me going to TFS. Yet I've tholed it for 13 years or whatever. It was fun in the gazebo, I'll admit. I also freely admit if you're going with a gang of pals you've gone with forever, and can even possibly enjoy a pint or two before or after, it will be an entirely different one.

I'll have another think in the summer, but I'm not going to any other games this year. That doesn't mean some supercilious berk gets to call my 38 year support of FFC into question though. Get f'ed with that chat.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 06:50:47 AM

Well said that man. :clink:

Yes the team needs the fans to back them when in crisis but I, like Ranaldo also have other commitments and a young family to take care of and spending my Saturday afternoons with them is far more attractive than going down to TFS and being bored to tears for 90 minutes. The truth is our performances just put me in a foul mood and I'd rather not subject my family to that, especially when we only get a couple days together a week. After saturday, I too have had enough...

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 08:23:12 AM

Big 60 wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 05:40:46 PM
The BOD have made mistakes but were hoodwinked by Mr Hartley.
I think you will find it was the other way round.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 08:30:51 AM

you'll get no stick from me Ranaldo your post pretty much verbatim covers my situation with the exception that I actually bought 2 season tickets again this season.

I've been going for 35 years mainly as a season ticket holder. I used to go with a bunch of mates in my teens and twenties they all stopped going. in my thirties I went with my brother and dad and they stopped going too. in my forties I then went with both my kids and 1 of the 2 of them didn't enjoy it so she's stopped. my guess is the other will not want to go next season. I only renewed this season because I sit next to a bunch of really decent people in the main stand and like my seat. none of the folks I went with miss it. I don't go to see my team win every week who does when they support a non old firm club? however the lack of entertainment is rock bottom and has been for a long time now. like Ranaldo I don't live in Falkirk so have to drive to every game and have other family work and financial commitments. I'm really disillusioned with not only Falkirk but Scott ish football in general.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 08:35:54 AM

I can totally see Ranaldo and FalkirkBairn90’s point of view.

I’m trying to introduce my 4yo son to it and it’s a tough sell at the moment especially when he sees how belligerent I become.

It must be quite hard for him to comprehend why were there when it has that effect on me and god knows how he will view it in years to come :roll: :(
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 09:36:03 AM

havenbairn wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 08:23:12 AM
Big 60 wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 05:40:46 PM
The BOD have made mistakes but were hoodwinked by Mr Hartley.
I think you will find it was the other way round.
So Mr Hartley was hoodwinked by the BOD? Care to explain

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 10:44:48 AM

Well another dire performance by easily the worst group of players to don the navy blue in many a year. This is possibly one of our most embarrassing results ever getting beat quite easily by a team about the same level as Camelon Juniors. How some of these players are actually getting paid to play football is completely beyond me. Fasan and Robson weren the only two I'd give pass marks to along with Dunne whose final ball unfortunately let him down as he was beating his man quite easily. God knows how our clown of a chairman managed to convince Mckinnon that this was the place to be. Poor chap must be wondering what the hell he's let himself in for. Another week goes by though and yet the biggest conundrum is still how the feck are the CEO and chairman still in post after this utter shambles.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 10:51:02 AM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 10:44:48 AM
Another week goes by though and yet the biggest conundrum is still how the feck are the CEO and chairman still in post after this utter shambles.
Lang is just the figurehead to be honest. It's Campbell that is in charge of the day-to-day running and I'm surprised he's still in post. Awaiting his next salvo to tell us how form wise we're about where he expected us to be :wink:

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 01:31:58 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 10:51:02 AM
Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 10:44:48 AM
Another week goes by though and yet the biggest conundrum is still how the feck are the CEO and chairman still in post after this utter shambles.
Lang is just the figurehead to be honest. It's Campbell that is in charge of the day-to-day running and I'm surprised he's still in post. Awaiting his next salvo to tell us how form wise we're about where he expected us to be :wink:
Both are just figure heads with Lang have marginally more input than Campbell. The club in reality is run by the MSG who sit behind the scenes not taking the flak.
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 01:36:17 PM

Should it not have been titled Woemad's v Nomad's?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 04:17:10 PM

Having now seen some highlights on YouTube it looks like we failed to make our dominance count and, as expected, are still short on the confidence that winning brings.

I certainly saw enough that Petravicius has improvement in him that a run of games could foster and I am happier to see that we seemed to favour a possession-based, short passing game over the hoof-ball employed by Hartley :thumbsup.

Lewis too looked better cutting in than crossing and again some confidence (and a goal) will help. We're a long way off being decent as others have described but I don't think it's the forlorn picture that some might paint and I look forward to Ayr on Saturday.

Keeping clean sheets will go a long way to getting this side out of the mess we're in and once we've got that platform the goals will come. I even think Mackin could be useful! :shock:

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 08:34:17 PM

gruezi ffc wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 01:31:58 PM
The club in reality is run by the MSG who sit behind the scenes not taking the flak.
Exactly. Lang isn't blameless but she gets some amount of unwarranted flak at times. Pretty impossible to get anything you like done when votes regularly go the other way
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Tuesday 11th 2018f September 2018 12:28:33 PM

gruezi ffc wrote:
Monday 10th 2018f September 2018 01:31:58 PM
The club in reality is run by the MSG who sit behind the scenes not taking the flak.
The scrapping of the Academy and the introduction of the "Brentford model" was approved by the Board.
Last edited by havenbairn on Wednesday 12th 2018f September 2018 08:04:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Tuesday 11th 2018f September 2018 01:49:43 PM

The scrapping of the academy divided opinion. I wanted it kept but can understand why others didnt as it failed to get us promoted since relegation. In theory the Brentford model sounded a good idea but the execution has been a disaster.

In fairness to the Bod they tried something different. They also got rid of Houston, appointed a manager I'm sure the majority were happy with, got rid of a number of under performing players that again the majority wanted, backed the manager in terms of signings and then got rid of the manager which again the majority probably wanted.

For me the main issue has been recruitment again. Was the CEO responsible for mitchell or was it Hartley? And who had the final say on the english based signings. Would be interesting to know.

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Tuesday 11th 2018f September 2018 05:13:04 PM

Pete wrote:
Tuesday 11th 2018f September 2018 01:49:43 PM
The scrapping of the academy divided opinion. I wanted it kept but can understand why others didnt as it failed to get us promoted since relegation. In theory the Brentford model sounded a good idea but the execution has been a disaster.

In fairness to the Bod they tried something different. They also got rid of Houston, appointed a manager I'm sure the majority were happy with, got rid of a number of under performing players that again the majority wanted, backed the manager in terms of signings and then got rid of the manager which again the majority probably wanted.

For me the main issue has been recruitment again. Was the CEO responsible for mitchell or was it Hartley? And who had the final say on the english based signings. Would be interesting to know.
This ^^
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 12th 2018f September 2018 07:23:18 AM

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-4798157

Interesting from Robson, first it was McKee having a passive dig at Hartley. Now Robson. He sounds worse than we could possibly imagine

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Wednesday 12th 2018f September 2018 12:18:03 PM

Pete wrote:

Great post.
Here comes the doom.

Art Vandelay
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Art Vandelay » Wednesday 12th 2018f September 2018 01:33:50 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Wednesday 12th 2018f September 2018 12:18:03 PM
Pete wrote:

Great post.
Couldn't agree more. The board have been getting a lot of stick from some quarters but to be fair, they made a number of decisions that most of the fans were happy with. I didn't hear too many dissenting voices when Houston went, Hartley came, most of the old dross was shipped out and new players were brought in. It's just as Pete says, the player recruitment has gone askew and that is almost certainly down to the manager and scouting team. And quite frankly on that I'm not quite as convinced as others that all the players brought in are completely useless. Time will tell but I still have faith that some of them will come good under the new management team.
I was free and clear. I was living the dream. I was stripped to the waist eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.