FALKIRK 0 1 NOMADS

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

FALKIRK 0 1 NOMADS

Post by havenbairn » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 05:41:37 PM

What a complete and utter embarrassment to our club.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Re: FALKIRK 0 1 NOMADS

Post by Pete » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:00:12 PM

Who is?

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:12:30 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:00:12 PM
Who is?
Everyone!!!

From the fans applauding the team off
The crap players
The board for crap recruitment and management

The only one you cannot blame is the manager as he’s been in the job 5 minutes.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:33:52 PM

never went today as not giving any more money that I don't need to to this effectively 2nd year of an absolute shambles. they've had my season ticket money up front both seasons too promising #ourtime etc.

whatever mistakes the board and Hartley have made, and there have been many, most of these players should be utterly embarrassed with themselves with what they've produced this season. losing at home to Montrose nomads Inverness qos and we should have lost to forfar too. look at those names....3 or 4 seasons ago in a league with rangers and hibs in it we lost 4 games all season out of 36. we've scored 1 league goal have 0 points in the league are bottom and are out of the league cup at the first stage and the irn bru cup.

only positives are that McKinnon should improve us and Irving and McGhee were missing today.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:55:30 PM

I actually thought we were the better team today and especially in the 2nd half albeit without really troubling the goalie. If the defence hadnt switched off then the game would have finished a draw.

The lack of goals is a major concern but the team at least looked far more threatening today compared to any of the games under Hartley.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 07:38:57 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:55:30 PM
I actually thought we were the better team today and especially in the 2nd half albeit without really troubling the goalie. If the defence hadnt switched off then the game would have finished a draw.

The lack of goals is a major concern but the team at least looked far more threatening today compared to any of the games under Hartley.
Really? We barely troubled a team who would have looked perfectly at home in the Juniors. I struggle to see us scoring much more than 10 or 12 goals this side of Christmas. I've never seen a more pathetic set of striking options. Petravicius was actually the (slightly) more threatening of the two forwards today, which puts Haber into perspective, not interested in the slightest and frankly an utter disgrace. Disappointing to see proven failed experiments such as Lewis on the wing being repeated again, although he is no better up front, it's incredible that he was employed as a professional footballer by a Premier League club.

Robson, without being great, stood out a mile today, especially in the context of the dung and dross surrounding him. The rest of the defence is just laughable, there could not be a more fitting captain of this rabble than The Great Survivor Muirhead. Dallison, Harrison, Brough is the perfect legacy of Hartley and Superscout. Kidd is now into his third season here and I still do not see what he offers, either at right-back or in midfield. Literally money for nothing. He's also in shocking shape for a full-time professional footballer.

Can only hope that McKinnon has already sussed that he has inherited a bunch of utter impostors and decided to play most of the biggest charlatans today in a relatively meaningless game to confirm this impression, with the intention that we will never have to suffer them again, problem is we don't have a big enough squad to replace them all. We are actually hoping that 19 year-old kids with minimal, and in Rudden's case no first-team experience can somehow lift us out of this mess, that's how low we have sunk.

A more than respectable crowd of 1600 today, about 1599 more than this bunch deserve. McCall and Shankland must be licking their lips for next week, the only guarantee is that it will be Falkirk nil.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 07:41:01 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 06:55:30 PM

They were knackered and dropped so deep it would have been impossible to create less chances - ANY other team from the Championship would have beaten them.

Haber is utter mince, if Micheal Higdon had a Lazy retarded younger brother he’d be Marcus Haber
Paton slows the game down and is done.
Lewis has the touch of a brick wall and useless.
Petravicous is a really crap Scott Sloan, has pace but doesn’t have a clue about football.

Christ! It’s a sad day when you look at the team sheet and are cheered to see McKee and Kidd on it!

No idea would we do now, just hope the CEO stays until the AGM and faces the anger of Shareholders, I suspect he’ll resign before that.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 08:59:20 PM

Agree about Lewis, Petra and haber, kidd was ineffectual on the right as well but we all knew the deficiencies in this squad before kick-off. But imo there was an improvement in terms of how we tried to play, there weren't as many aimless punts, he purposely tried to utilise the pace of Petra in the first half, we tried to at least work it wide and get crosses into the box in the 2nd half. At least there was a game plan.

In the first half the nomads when defending had every outfield player in our final third, it does make it tough to break down especially for our squad which is at an all time low. They finished 3rd in the Welsh league last year and appear to be a mix of semi professional and professional players so it's hard to gauge how good or bad they really are and how they would fair against the other teams in our league.

The real test will be against Ayr, interestingly McCall was sat close to me and left at half time, he only really took any notes when we tried the ball over the top for Petra

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 09:00:56 PM

This will probably be my last game for a long while. I am totally disenchanted with the whole FFC BoD, infrasctructure and players who are frankly stealing a wage. I suppose its not their fault that someone has offered them a job, paying reasonable money and expect nothing in return. If I had performed as badly at my job I would have been sacked long ago. How to describe this team other than in expletives and negatives is almost impossible, as the last time I saw anything this bad was the Ochilview season when we had "pineapple head" and the rest. As others have said, we got beaten today by a side probably as good as a junior team. They hardly looked stretched, and ok they used a bit of muscle, but professionals should have run riot against that mob today. The Nomads will rarely have an easier away game. We hardly threatened, yet had they been more clinical could have had at least a couple of goals against a shockingly bad defence. Mckinnon has really nothing to work with other than maybe half a dozen squad players, one decent full back and hopefully a kid with potential that can eek out a few points until January when yet another clear out is required. The problem is - this squad have all got one/two year deals at least and I cannot think of one player (except Robson) that I would actually employ, or that we could offload to anyone else, with any hope of success.

A sloppy defensive error lost us a goal, and we never ever looked like getting a goal back. We could still be playing now and would not have scored. We never pressed their defence, they out manoeuvred us in midfield and although they carried virtually no threat up front managed something we seemingly can't - they scored a goal. With the two central midfielders for us parked mainly in our own half, 5-10 yards in front of the two centre backs we simply let them have the ball for far too long. Even when we won the ball back, our best option was a long hopeful punt up to Petravicious or Lewis who squandered things, or were too isolated. A team needs to be compact, press the opposition, chase lost causes, work hard and support each other. Only Tommy Robson did that today, whilst only McKee worked hard enough to get the ball and try and move it forward. The rest were simply shocking. As poor a bunch I have ever seen wear the navy blue. This squad reeks of relegation and there is nothing left in the development side we can in troduce since we got rid of anyone with any talent from there. Its almost a perfect storm of bafflingly bad decisions.

Ratings
Fasan 5/10. Did nothing wrong, but could he have come for the cross that led to the goal? Dunno, but hardly confidence inspiring.

Muirhead 3/10. Long throw and a few forward runs. Passing as bad as usual. A typical performance from a sub standard player.
Harrison 3/10. Failed to win too many headers, and painfully slow.
Brough 3/10. Took no responsibility at all throughout the game. Pedestrian.
Robson 7/10. A shining light surrounded by utter p1sh and cr@p. Attacked and defended well, attempted to up the tempo whenever he could. The only player who took responsibility and showed sufficient desire.

Kidd 2/10. Too slow to attack or defend. Never even tried to take anyone on, or drive forward until the final dying seconds. Too little, too late.
McKee 6/10. Sat too deep, but clearly not fully match fit having only played a couple of reserve games this season. Still our best midfielder by a mile, and tried to keep possession and drive us forward.
Paton 2/10. Get the ball, punt it forward. Repeat, repeat, and repeat never finding the man, except perhaps by accident. Awful.
Lewis 4/10. Pace to burn, but the confidence of a shy two year old. Needs a whole lot of work to ever make it as a professional football player.

Petravicious 3/10. Better than of late, but still nowhere near good enough. Huge pace, but no idea what to do with it.
Haber 1/10. Saw him break into a jog a couple of times, and won one or two flick ons. Worthless, and should be shipped back to Dundee sharpish.

Subs
Froxylias 3/10. Didnt seem to know where to play and never made any impact. Too slow but I quite like him. No idea why.
Dunne 5/10. Whenever he had the ball it looked like he would get something from the game for us. Needs to start next time.
Mackin 1/10. On for 5 mins at the end. Pointless as he hardly got a touch.

Desperate times.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 09:47:05 PM

Queens Park just beat TNS away from home, That’s TNS who beat us earlier this season and finished 17 points ahead of Nomads last season - That’s the level we are! Lower reaches of Scottish League 2.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 10:27:43 PM

Sounds like TNS imploded once they went down to 10 men

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 08th 2018f September 2018 10:45:07 PM

Maybe I’m ‘living in cloud cuckoo land’ but I thought we were a lot better today.
Petra looked quite threatening in his central forward position and there seemed to be much more structure to our play.
Haber is poor and needs binned and Lewis is hopeless on the left.
Robson was a real bright spark and I quite liked Brough.
Not great but a lot better.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 08:36:27 AM

Wasn't there today but didn't expect us to take much from the game although I hoped we'd win against supposed inferior opposition.

McKinnon wasn't going to turn us around in a week and depending on your view i think he had the luxury of what is a nothing game to try out players and formations ahead of getting back to the bread and butter of the league against Ayr.

Glad to see some of Hartley's existing misfits like McKee and Dunne come back in but all the players really need to grab this chance for their sake and ours.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 09:19:07 AM

Beat by fit Welsh juniors.
Welcome aboard Mr McKinnon enjoy the ride

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:30:31 AM

I thought we were utterly pedestrian lacking any creativity. The worst thing about today’s game was they are the weakest opponents we will play for the rest of the season and we still got beaten. I was also surprised at the easy life Craig Campbell and Margaret Lang got. The 2 idiots who got us in this mess got off Scott free when we should be hounding then from the club.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:40:42 AM

As I mentioned previously I gave up my ST this summer. Last season was clearly unacceptable, and I have lots of other reasons for dumping it, and even while the summer's recruitment was a laugh, it was not enough to get me to fork out.

We can all see just what the standard of the recruitment has turned out to be, but I've still gone along to the Montrose, SJ, Sevcolts and CQN games.

No more. I left yesterday feeling actually sick at how far we've fallen, so I'm out, for this season at least.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:42:40 AM

As reported on the BBC football Scotland cup round-up from yesterday their manager is lording it as some watershed moment because our budget is "5x bigger" apparently.

Agreed we probably shouldn't be getting beat by a Welsh outfit but plenty of clubs have wasted squillions on average or rotten players.

We certainly won't be the last.

I still hold out hope that our season will ignite sooner than later.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Big 60
Well New

Post by Big 60 » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 05:40:46 PM

Why do people give up there season ticket an call themselves a suppoerter. YES where going through a rough patch but I agree with rusty nail it will get better and to help it get better we need good supporters that back the club.The BOD have made mistakes but were hoodwinked by Mr Hartley. :clap:

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 06:31:52 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 10:42:40 AM
As reported on the BBC football Scotland cup round-up from yesterday their manager is lording it as some watershed moment because our budget is "5x bigger" apparently.

Agreed we probably shouldn't be getting beat by a Welsh outfit but plenty of clubs have wasted squillions on average or rotten players.

We certainly won't be the last.

I still hold out hope that our season will ignite sooner than later.
Best be sooner cause relegation beckons. We are that bad.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 09th 2018f September 2018 06:54:36 PM

Being a supporter of FFC is a lifetime commitment.
Giving up an ST is not an option.
We can do without fair weather friends.
Pathetic!!!