Ross county v falkirk 1st Sept 18

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Re: Ross county v falkirk 1st Sept 18

Post by havenbairn » Monday 03rd 2018f September 2018 04:59:08 PM

What was Robson thinking for their first goal. It was a comedy of errors.

A square pass across the face of our goal to our 2 central defenders who then proceed to fall over each other thus allowing their player to score
Last edited by havenbairn on Monday 03rd 2018f September 2018 10:19:09 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 03rd 2018f September 2018 08:42:49 PM

By all accounts, a more disciplined performance, but still lacking any sign of quality in attack, midfield or defence. Probably Froxy is the one bit of real quality we have in terms of being able to create something out of nothing.

Ray McKinnon has very little to work with. I am sure he can get them much fitter, much better organised and disciplined, but he doesn’t have any magic dust to transform players who really aren’t good enough.

Somehow, we have to find a way to win games, and that won’t happen with all of the usual culprits in the team. TOE most certainly has to be sacrificed. He is currently the weakest of the weak links, and should be sidelined along with Paton and Petra (who actually might have a future as a full back where his speed and ability to just blooter the ball out of play might actually work for him).

Up front, we aren’t going to score break away goals. Just like midfield and defence, the ponderous nature of our “strikers” will make sure of that. Instead, as mentioned here and elsewhere, Mackin and Haber need crosses. Someone needs to provide them, and it certainly won’t be Lewis who traps a ball further than I can kick it.
I reckon Dunne will be drafted back into the line up pretty soon, and so will McKee.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Monday 03rd 2018f September 2018 09:14:13 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Monday 03rd 2018f September 2018 08:42:49 PM
By all accounts, a more disciplined performance, but still lacking any sign of quality in attack, midfield or defence. Probably Froxy is the one bit of real quality we have in terms of being able to create something out of nothing.

Ray McKinnon has very little to work with. I am sure he can get them much fitter, much better organised and disciplined, but he doesn’t have any magic dust to transform players who really aren’t good enough.

Somehow, we have to find a way to win games, and that won’t happen with all of the usual culprits in the team. TOE most certainly has to be sacrificed. He is currently the weakest of the weak links, and should be sidelined along with Paton and Petra (who actually might have a future as a full back where his speed and ability to just blooter the ball out of play might actually work for him).

Up front, we aren’t going to score break away goals. Just like midfield and defence, the ponderous nature of our “strikers” will make sure of that. Instead, as mentioned here and elsewhere, Mackin and Haber need crosses. Someone needs to provide them, and it certainly won’t be Lewis who traps a ball further than I can kick it.
I reckon Dunne will be drafted back into the line up pretty soon, and so will McKee.
After seeing Dunne and McKee in reserves, they both must start for first team as they are both streets ahead of anything else we have.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....