Who is Richard Mitchell?

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Who is Richard Mitchell?

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 08:45:52 PM

Why is our Head of recruitment invisible, everyone involved in Football and most professional sport have a huge confidence and ego, if we were top of the league and this guy had scouted 6 Jamie Vardys from non league football, surely he'd want to be recognised.
Now Richard Mitchell is a very common name, so my research could be utter bollocks

Have a search for him you'll find his linkedin.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-mit ... on-section

From his Linkedin you can see he worked as a self employed Financial consultant from 2000 - 2009, I looked to see if there was a Richard Mitchell in Companies house and there was and he had ARM Financial consultants from 2001 to 2010 this is roughly the same time as Linkedin

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments
From here you can find out all sorts of info, address and date of birth etc....

From here it gets a bit fuzzy, its very hard to find out info on him, there are Richard Mitchells all over the place but none involved in top flight football, I was expecting to see FIFA Badges here, pictures at UEFA Camps and FA events - but I found nothing, hopefully this encourages others to have a look

Is he the Richard Mitchell who is described as part of a controversial duo at Alsager Town?
https://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/ ... es-5623675
The fact he played for them, suggests its possible
https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ll-5287466

What makes this guy qualified to be our head of recruitment? How does he know the level of player we need? Why is there so little information about this guy? I've googled and the only Richard Mitchell from Stoke with his age was a story in the Liverpool Echo AND It cannot even be him as we have safeguards to employ someone like that!!!!

This guy is a complete mystery a former non-league footballer, who worked as a Financial adviser and Consultant in Sports Law. Questions need to asked,
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Re: Who is Richard Mitchell?

Post by Pete » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 08:47:43 PM

Apparently he's also an agent and represents some of the signed players.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:24:13 PM

Our South of the Border scout should be jettisoned, with immediate effect.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:31:50 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 08:47:43 PM
And if that is the case, both him and those responsible for his appointment should be jettisoned with immediate effect as that is just a massive no-no, an unhealthy conflict of interest if ever there was one. Nothing would surprise about this circus at the moment.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:35:25 PM

I've no backup to substantiate this but this is what I was told. Could be nonsense could be true. What can't be debated is that the recruitment has been awful. There appears to be no thought process in terms of the type of player signed and how they will fit into a formation.

bairns86
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by bairns86 » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:42:39 PM

Pete wrote:
If that is the case then that is verging on corruption or some form of white collar crime. It’s certainly very worrying for our club because it sounds as if cowboys are financially robbing us. An inquiry has to be made in to the whole situation

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Romaines of the Day » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 10:32:36 AM

Pete wrote:
Isn't that how Raith Rovers nearly went under, when they hired Anelka's brother who then signed around 300 players he represented?

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 10:42:06 AM

Nothing would surprise me at this club but surely to f*ck someone had the brains to do some due diligence to prevent this sort of thing?! Or have contracts drafted in a way that would allow terminations if ever a conflict of interest like this was found (and not waived)?

Who knows - could just be the terraces getting rowdy. I just wish our rumours were more like Leeds and their fantastic Bobby Madley story that was completely made up.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 03:45:38 PM

According to Paul Hartley, "He is a crucial acquisition for the club".

dennybairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dennybairn » Thursday 30th 2018f August 2018 08:25:01 PM

He’s not on the FA list of registered intermediaries.
Let's hear it for the lovely ladies.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Sunday 02nd 2018f September 2018 11:05:28 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:31:50 PM
Pete wrote:
And if that is the case, both him and those responsible for his appointment should be jettisoned with immediate effect as that is just a massive no-no, an unhealthy conflict of interest if ever there was one. Nothing would surprise about this circus at the moment.
What he said^^^^^^^^^
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 10:48:08 AM

Gone in the fall out according to the club site. Gordon Young and Tam Ritchie too.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 11:09:59 AM

Just shows you how insincere all the management chat is in football about getting the right player in and then talking up the player when he signs when it's clear they have never watched them play.

At least get them in to training for a few days and try judge them before signing them up.

Anyway glad all of this has been dealt with quickly.

Actually feeling more glad that we have McKinnon in now. He would never have been my first choice but given the situation we are in and the fact he has left Morton for our shambles of a squad then he actually has my respect. Be interesting to see if he can already get a few free transfers/loan signings made and potentially move on some of the duff players we've already amassed.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 11:37:52 AM

His contract has been terminated. Thank Christ for that

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 12:15:30 PM

Dade wrote:
Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 11:09:59 AM
Be interesting to see if he can already get a few free transfers/loan signings made and potentially move on some of the duff players we've already amassed.
I'm optimistic about his appointment. On your point above, I think the only ones who there may be no hope for is TOE, Harrison and Paton.

With some organisation and a settled back four I reckon McKinnon has the raw materials to improve us - Kidd, Dallison, Muirhead or McGhee, Robson would be my preferred choice.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 02:04:27 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 12:15:30 PM
Dade wrote:
Be interesting to see if he can already get a few free transfers/loan signings made and potentially move on some of the duff players we've already amassed.
I'm optimistic about his appointment. On your point above, I think the only ones who there may be no hope for is TOE, Harrison and Paton.

With some organisation and a settled back four I reckon McKinnon has the raw materials to improve us - Kidd, Dallison, Muirhead or McGhee, Robson would be my preferred choice.
I’d add Petrovicuous to that although his pace is an asset. Haven’t seen Brough or Turner yet but not holding my hopes up.

Paton should do a Rankine and stop stealing a wage. He’s no place at a professional football club with his fitness levels.

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 03:52:03 PM

Dade wrote:
Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 02:04:27 PM
rusty_nail wrote:
Dade wrote:

I’d add Petrovicuous to that although his pace is an asset. Haven’t seen Brough or Turner yet but not holding my hopes up.

Paton should do a Rankine and stop stealing a wage. He’s no place at a professional football club with his fitness levels.
Petra has pace and that is all. He is a Harris without his skill level and that tells you all. Brough wouldn't get a game for an amateur team. Turner has done absolutely hee-haw when he has come on. You can also send Harrison packing who is as slow as a super tanker turning, TOE, who is far too lightweight and not really good enough, Paton, poor mans Taiwo....not to mention Mackin who would make me look like Luis Suarez (and I was a full back). Hartley has really left us in the s**t
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 03:54:57 PM

Dade wrote:
Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 02:04:27 PM
rusty_nail wrote:
Dade wrote:

Rankin proved after he left us that it was the role rather than the player that was at fault. Based on most of the players I've seen in action I'd scrap the holding midfielder and go 4-3-3/4-5-1 with a midfield trio of Dunne/Brough, McKee and Russell.

No preference up front other than employing Irving in there as we need creative players but who can cover to make the 5 in midfield when we're out of possession. Whether the other is a midfielder (Sammut?) is open to debate and I'm basing all these selections on those who's confidence I think can be salvaged.

I reckon Petravicius is a confidence player in the same vain as Harris so will be next to useless if he doesn't find some soon. I agree his pace is an asset and he's probably wasted out wide and I'd play him centrally but he'd be a sub at the moment.

Width has to come from the full-backs and the midfield three have to cover the space left in behind hence why I've abandoned the deeper role.
gruezi_ffc wrote:Petra has pace and that is all. He is a Harris without his skill level and that tells you all. Brough wouldn't get a game for an amateur team. Turner has done absolutely hee-haw when he has come on. You can also send Harrison packing who is as slow as a super tanker turning, TOE, who is far too lightweight and not really good enough, Paton, poor mans Taiwo....not to mention Mackin who would make me look like Luis Suarez (and I was a full back). Hartley has really left us in the s**t
I'm trying to take the positives out of the squad we've got :rolleyes:

fuzzydunlop
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by fuzzydunlop » Monday 24th 2018f September 2018 09:02:52 AM

Agreed, but does anyone else get the fear when you think back to June/July and those ‘welcome to falkirk...’ posts...all that positivity down the sh•tter! Was it this seasons ‘our time’. I’m glad for one I did t do my usual and boast about is signing as I was a bit more cautious than normal.

It’s not hard. All we want as football fans is a hero. Someone who can make Saturdaysworthwhile!

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 24th 2018f September 2018 05:16:20 PM

A lot of people on Pie and Bovril were ecstatic at some of the signings. I was hopefuly but very cautious as they were absolute nobodies and had played at a fairly low level.

As I had said I’d much rather sign a Gavin Reilly than a complete unknown from down South who’s only played league 1 football.

The thought that Hartley wanted this Mitchell guy in too as he didn’t want to travel down South I can understand but surely as a manager to put faith in so much of your squad to this guy is ludicrous.