Hartley OUT

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Hartley OUT

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 10:33:42 AM

I wouldn't pin the blame on Hartley for the whole Miller/Kerr thing. Doubt we'll ever know the full story on this one but both were doing their best to f*ck Houston off all of last Summer and it was, for me at least, the right decision to tell them to bugger off.

I've been fortunate enough to have only caught 180 minutes of us this season. From sounds of things it's been horrendous. I'd counter that a little - both second halves against the Thistles had signs of improvement and while nothing to write home about we put in competent, average performances during those 45 minute periods. That isn't me making a case here - just pointing out some facts.

So, from what I've seen, there is some evidence that this squad of players could work but 8 games in to the season (including 1 against a non league side) and we've only managed 7 goals. That's grim. While I do view the League Cup as competitive friendlies, Hartley has had the time with the bulk of this new squad now (signed plenty nice and early) to have had us hit the ground running from the league campaign's start. To have lost to two title challengers and then horsed by a likely mid table also ran is poor.

I'm not a fan of knee jerk reactions and I'm still willing to give him time but he's no longer getting Q1 from me. We play Dunfermline on 6 Oct and Alloa the week before. If he's still around by then, then I would imagine that will be crunch time for him. Can't see us getting anything up at County and then a tough away match to Ayr. Tough at the best of times but with them flying we could be in for a shock.

Anyway, I don't think I have ever seen a squad overhaul that's been billed as one to mount a title challenge resemble so closely the state of a squad in the season following a really nasty relegation. It's stunning how much of a f*ck up this all is.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 11:17:46 AM

I agree with Jones regarding the Miller/Kerr situation.

Something wasn’t right before Hartley came in and he was left with a bad situation. Again the only stuff about painting them as trouble makers was from friends of Lee Miller. There was nothing from the club or Hartley that he publicly labelled them as such.

In any case the fact that they have replaced with worse players is ammunition against Hartley but they were not performing well enough or had enough years left in tbem to have made a case for them to stay. Also Hartley had nothing to do with Miller’s sending off at Dunfermline. That was totally unprofessional from the big man so done himself no favours there.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 12:02:40 PM

Hartley needs binned now but Jim Duffy. The cants done nothing in football for years. We were dire last season and still managed to take a pile of points off his morton side. Should be retiring not taking up roles like a club our size.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 01:52:31 PM

It's obviously easier to replace a manager, than another 7/8 signings who haven't shown like they've made any improvement, but Hartley's decision to constantly change shape & style of play is only causing him problems, within the team, & concern within the fanbase.

In starting with a back 5, containing 4 C/H's, it left him light in the middle, instantly conceded the midfield & invited Queens right onto his 18 yard box.

That he changed to a back 4 at HT showed he noticed his mistake but, by not changing it early enough, they were then 2 down & the game was gone.

To try playing that style with an 11 who were neither capable, nor confident enough, to play as such, in this division, is ridiculous. Whilst the signing policy over the summer has been ropey, to say the least, for a club of our size.

There are players still contracted to this club, who perhaps could elicit a response, sitting on the sidelines & in the stand, that might help the team & get the fanbase back on side. Whether he can see that, play a system that players & fans are comfortable with & grind our way up the division is another matter.
Last edited by Kiddy on Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 01:59:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 01:58:46 PM

Just seen the managers after match interview on ftv. He is not going anywhere soon by the sounds of it. He says we don't see the hard work done during the week and that's true we don't. What we do see is what is on the park on a Saturday and so far that has been dismal. He just cant get away from that.

To join in the debate here well if it ever was to be Yogi in then i am out.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 02:16:21 PM

I can remember Jim Jeffries getting pelters, Yogi playing every position bar keeper, Stainrod going down in a heap in his first game & it taking til October for the team finally knitting, with the introduction of Alex Taylor.

On the other side, I saw Jim Duffy turn a season, & a team's fortunes, round inside 90 mins.

"Hartley OUT"? It's nothing new.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 03:36:07 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 10:33:42 AM
It's stunning how much of a f*ck up this all is.
Correct.

grumpyoldman
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by grumpyoldman » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 03:41:02 PM

Hartley is going nowhere, he’s on a three year contract

Deal with it

The Big Funk
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by The Big Funk » Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 08:35:32 PM

He's gone
Section B wank, wank, wank

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Tuesday 28th 2018f August 2018 01:03:11 PM

grumpyoldman wrote:
Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 03:41:02 PM
Hartley is going nowhere, he’s on a three year contract

Deal with it
Any tips for the lottery this weekend big chap?
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Tuesday 28th 2018f August 2018 02:28:22 PM

grumpyoldman wrote:
Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 03:41:02 PM
Hartley is going nowhere, he’s on three years 'Gardening Leave'

Deal with it
Sorted, HTH. :wink: