Hartley OUT

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Hartley OUT

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:07:51 PM

I'm normally one for giving a manager plenty time but after seeing that and the damning stats from today. 27 shots on goal for QOTS to our 3 (none on target) he's got to be sacked. This team will be relegated, no doubt about it. 1 goal in 3 games, no sign of a consistent starting 11. Sorry Paul but your time is up.

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Re: Hartley OUT

Post by Quidsin » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:18:36 PM

HARTLEY OUT. JIM DUFFY IN!
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:19:01 PM

Falkirkbairn90 wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:07:51 PM
I'm normally one for giving a manager plenty time but after seeing that and the damning stats from today. 27 shots on goal for QOTS to our 3 (none on target) he's got to be sacked. This team will be relegated, no doubt about it. 1 goal in 3 games, no sign of a consistent starting 11. Sorry Paul but your time is up.
Have to agree. How he has assembled a squad so poor with the resources he, if believed, was given beggars belief.

Not one of them is better than those he released and Harris and McKee must be relieved their being let go as I doubt even they would want associated with the dross on show today.

Hartley cannot be allowed to stay in position as he isn't the man to fix it.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:30:03 PM

Agreed, there's no coming back from this.

The players and manager haven't got a clue, there's no game plan, no fight, no effort. There's no point dragging this out, he's got to go. There's nothing that suggests that this will improve.

The recruitment guy also deserves to be hung drawn and quartered. That evans just prancies about, one of the worst players I've seen in a long time.

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Romaines of the Day » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 05:37:59 PM

The board needs to end this now - that we won a game against Rangers youngsters, with so much difficulty, that we have one goal, not points, out of 3 games. If the board is serious about their intentions and they've not given me hope before, they need to bring someone else in. Someone else, because it is too difficult to begin to guess who could do a job with the rabble that we've got now.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:00:08 PM

Problem is the utter pile of crap that any new manager would be left to work with.

David Hopkin has won back-to-back promotions and has just achieved in one year what we have been unable to do in nearly a decade. He's currently out of work. Let's ask him whether he's had enough of watching Jeremy Kyle and fancies getting back on the horse. Let's ask the same question of Robbie Neilson and Jim McIntyre. Perhaps even Duffy. Absolute no to Hughes, a guy who spent the club to the brink of oblivion (and boasts about doing so) and whose most recent job was an utter car crash, getting Raith relegated by losing to f*****g Brechin City. We've enough poison running through the club as it is.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:00:39 PM

hopkin or McCall please.

Hartley has signed 15 or 16 players and not 1 of them has shown enough. that's almost impossible to do. we have had 2 shots on target in 3 games are bottom of the league with 0 points. worse than that we are disorganised and provide zero entertainment. he plays strange formations and has strange tactics. he plays players out of position and plays ones who are if firm dropping ones who are in form.

his post match interviews are aggressively defensive and I hate the fact he treats the league cup as a friendly when I pay good money to watch us progress in a competitive cup.

I've seen us 6 times this season now and can't remember a poorer Falkirk.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:04:43 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:00:39 PM
Even Eddie Mays team wasn't as shambolic as this one!

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:14:11 PM

The problem is who could turn this bunch of average players into a winning team.

Its a magician we would need, not a new manager.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:25:16 PM

I'd take hopkin if he was interested. Livi weren't pleasing on the eye but they put a shift in and found a way to win games.

The board need to grow set and act now.

Really can't believe that we're in a worse mess than last season

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:34:42 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:25:16 PM
I'd take hopkin if he was interested...
He gave up his job at Livingston as he wanted closer to his family in England. After Holt the BOD are averse to that situation arising again so it will be a local manager.

McIntyre if he's interested (2nd on our shortlist last time) or as I've said in another thread bring back Yogi.

I hear the 'bankrupted the club' and Raith criticisms but he gave us a period of success we've hankered for for too long now. He knows what's required and won't pull punches with this shower-of-sh*t.

krul2
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by krul2 » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:43:16 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 06:00:39 PM
hopkin or McCall please.

Hartley has signed 15 or 16 players and not 1 of them has shown enough. that's almost impossible to do. we have had 2 shots on target in 3 games are bottom of the league with 0 points. worse than that we are disorganised and provide zero entertainment. he plays strange formations and has strange tactics. he plays players out of position and plays ones who are if firm dropping ones who are in form.

his post match interviews are aggressively defensive and I hate the fact he treats the league cup as a friendly when I pay good money to watch us progress in a competitive cup.

My thoughts too regarding League Cup, if theres any competitive game which can lead to a cup win and punters paying good money to watch it should be treated so, not as 'aw well its just this, league starts soon.'
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 07:06:05 PM

I see no option either to be honest.

I wouldn’t mind the results so much if you could see progression in organisation or a decent style of football but having been to the Partick and Rangers Colts game nothing was evident in our play that made me hopeful that things could turn around.

He had a free reign last season and although we got a few results nothing much changed in out style or approach to matches.

The real worrying thing is that i think even a new manager will really struggle as the be all and end all is that the recruitment has been diabolical.

I also hope this knocks on the head the argument that there’s somehow a vast number of untapped talent down South that only Falkirk will manage to target as most of these new guys look awful.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 07:16:21 PM

Dade wrote: ...
I also hope this knocks on the head the argument that there’s somehow a vast number of untapped talent down South that only Falkirk will manage to target as most of these new guys look awful.
Seconded

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 08:00:39 PM

did Hartley actually watch these players before signing them? the scout better not still be getting paid either. after watching us in 1 game against alloa pre season I said I was very underwhelmed by the new signings and took some stick. sometimes you don't need to see players for half a season to know they are slow or lack drive. we've had 2 shots on target in 270 minutes of league football. that's almost impossible the strikers and midfielders should be ashamed. how hard can it be to shoot from 25 yards?
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 08:03:41 PM

Gav on the half-time challenge was closer to scoring than anyone in a Falkirk jersey today!

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:06:44 PM

post match interview suggests he's staying

after 75 minutes today the stadium emptied and there were boos and chants of Hartley out. he's lost the fans now.

it says it all when the most encouragement from the stands and our fans today was the ovation dobbie and Harkins got when subbed

bairns86
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by bairns86 » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:24:19 PM

Hartley’s post match interviews are disgusting and disrespectful to our fans. He asks for patience and talks about how nobody sees the hard work they put in during the week. Our fans would have patience if there are signs of improvement and potential. This is the worst Falkirk team i have seen in my life time and that isn’t an over exaggeration. Hartley has to leave and if he won’t resign the board have a duty to sack him for the sake of our club and fans who are fearsly loyal.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 25th 2018f August 2018 09:32:08 PM

Agreed. I don't speak for all but I'm sure we'd be a lot more patient if you could see there was a game plan and that they busting a gut for the full 90 minutes. There clearly wasn't.

Perhaps knicker wetting but I doubt I can stomach much more of this pish. All I want is a committed team that will fight for 90 mins and play some decent football. We may not win every game but we'll try out best and entertain. I can't understand how one of the bigger clubs in the division can't provide this. This group were static, devoid of ideas and gutless. They should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt it. I hated every minute of that game and wanted to go home, they can all just get to **** from top to bottom.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 09:39:16 AM

Having had time to sleep on it and mull it over another dreadful consequence has become all too apparent and a lot of people should feel ashamed.

They allowed Hartley to paint Lee Miller and Mark Kerr as rotten apples and some fans jumped on it as they needed scapegoats.

Having seen their trajectories compared to where we and Hartley are now I'd hazard that those fans were too quick to judge and in light of current events perhaps Hartley's judgement on these two should be put under proper scrutiny.

Was BSLM effort any worse than Dennon Lewis's or Habers yesterday or is Paul Paton any better a player than a 'done' Mark Kerr.

I know who I'd have in my team at the moment.