QoS 25/8/18

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: QoS 25/8/18

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 02:09:20 PM

Too many players signed, on the say so of our English "scout", who haven't shown to be any improvement on what was here last season. A manager who hasn't settled on a system, or starting 11, by the time the seasons started & a support who thinks that it should be challenging for the title.

A perfect storm for a complete shitfest.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 09:12:20 PM

I expected a bigger reaction on here actually. This seems pretty subdued, after what was an appalling exhibition from so called "professional" footballers. The downing of tools by many, as early as midway through the first half shows that this group of players lacks confidence, self esteem and determination. Whenever I played in a team that was losing. I tried harder and harder and never gave up - and thats what I expect of professional athletes representing my club. Only a very few showed the least bit of effort on Saturday, and the way some of them were ripped apart by pretty average opponents makes me think these players we signed were rejects from their former clubs, and their former clubs are laughing at the idiots that have employed them - namely us. The whole set up was wrong, the formation, the tactics, the players - all totally wrong, and so it proved other than a quick flash at the start of the first half we simply never competed throughout the 90 minutes. Dobbie, we all know, is the one player of quality they have and even had we double teamed him I doubt the numpties we have playing would have managed to stifle his influence. He did very simple moves which should have been relatively easy to counter, yet we totally failed to mark him properly, and after the opening 30 minutes it was already a case of how many he would score, rather than IF will he score. Total failure by the 3 central defenders, and the midfield to stop supply, break up play or stifle Dobbie direct. The laughable bit was when Dobbie gave Dallison (or Harrison) a 5 yard start, got around the lumbering giant and whipped the ball in at the keepers near post. A goal that should have been stopped easily by any defender with even the most modest pace and a little bit of strength. But no, it was simplicity itself and how Dobbie never got 6 was down to sloppy overconfidence on his part and a few half decent saves by Fasan.

Its pretty clear that most of the new players simply are much, much worse than those that have been replaced. Just compare Peter Grant to either Dallison or Harrison for example. Grants one weakness was his passing, the list of weaknesses of the other two looks like a shopping list for the worlds worst defenders, no heading ability, no strength, no pace, no awareness, can't tackle, can't get close enough to opponents to make blocks (see no pace), etc, etc. Then compare Paton to Taiwo - its like chalk and cheese. Taiwo wasn't the most mobile or quickest, but he could make simple passes and could tackle - two attributes sadly missing from Patons repertoire. All Paton can do is make telegraphed passes that fail to find their target, foul opponents and chase opponents with zero chance of catching them as he is so slow. Thats just two examples - but that runs throughout the whole team. Factor in the fact our best full back spends every match on the bench, we start with 3 guys at centre back who you cumulatively couldn't make one decent defender out of, and you have a recipe for disaster. The midfield is actually worse than its ever been - its so bad it makes me yearn for the Kerr/Taiwo partnership of last season which was itself pretty sh1te. No supply to forwards means no goals and pumping the ball from front to back might have worked for Livvi, but sure as sh1t aint working for us.

We were lucky to only lose 0-3. Should and could have been more.

Ratings
Fasan 5/10. At fault for 1st and 2nd goals in my opinion, but really redeemed himself 2nd half with a string of decent saves. Still utterly useless at kicking and distribution.

McGhee 4/10. Not enough pace to ever be a decent wing back (or full back). Get him playing in central defence for goodness sake where he may be at least partially useful.
Muirhead 4/10. Certainly puts effort in, just a pity most of it is totally wasted and the headless chicken act doesn't inspire his fellow central defenders. He's a very poor best of a truly awful lot of central defenders.
Harrison 1/10. We actually signed this guy? We would have been better just having a lump of wood painted in team colours instead, as it would be more mobile, better in the air and a more effective tackler.
Dallison 2/10. Actually much slower than he looks - a difficult feat to achieve but he manages it. Won two headers all day. Useless.
Russell 6/10. He gave it everything he had, then some, but just lacked any protection from midfield or his fellow defenders. Only player who actively tried to cause the opposition a problem and made some decent runs whenever he could. My MotM.

Irving 5/10. Mostly bypassed by the long ball game we played from the back. The only player with even a fraction of an ounce of vision, ball control and ability in midfield. Weak as p1sswater though which is no use at this level.
Paton 0/10. Got booked, and I was hoping for a second yellow as it was clear that was the only way to get him off the park. He "played" the whole game, touching the ball half a dozen times and generally blasting the ball miles out the park or something equally ineffective each time. Worthless being in the team.
Owen-Evans 1/10. Totally embarrassing performance from a guy who could not stay upright in a gentle breeze. Has the physical and mental attributes of Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl, and about the same footballing ability.

Lewis 6/10. If only he had better ball control we could actually have a player here. At least tried to make a difference and never hid. Probably tried a bit too hard.
Haber 2/10. That miss from all of one yard is right up there with the best of them. Tried to join up play but really no-one able to get close enough to help him out.

Subs
Petravicious 2/10. Faster than a speeding bullet but about as much use as a feather duster.
Greenwood 4/10. Came on and gave it all he had, which was more than most, but still not startling. Would start him ahead of most of the rest though as he at least tries.
Froxylias 3/10. Slow and cumbersome, but gets about and shows great endeavour. Possibly useful as a sitting/holding midfielder in front of a back 4.

Hartley 0/10. Failed to set up properly, failed to react to what was happening on the pitch and failed to get the correct players in, in the close season. I have lost faith in him almost completely.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 11:01:39 PM

John Markie wrote:
Sunday 26th 2018f August 2018 09:12:20 PM
I expected a bigger reaction on here actually. This seems pretty subdued, after what was an appalling exhibition from so called "professional" footballers. The downing of tools by many, as early as midway through the first half shows that this group of players lacks confidence, self esteem and determination. Whenever I played in a team that was losing. I tried harder and harder and never gave up - and thats what I expect of professional athletes representing my club. Only a very few showed the least bit of effort on Saturday, and the way some of them were ripped apart by pretty average opponents makes me think these players we signed were rejects from their former clubs, and their former clubs are laughing at the idiots that have employed them - namely us. The whole set up was wrong, the formation, the tactics, the players - all totally wrong, and so it proved other than a quick flash at the start of the first half we simply never competed throughout the 90 minutes. Dobbie, we all know, is the one player of quality they have and even had we double teamed him I doubt the numpties we have playing would have managed to stifle his influence. He did very simple moves which should have been relatively easy to counter, yet we totally failed to mark him properly, and after the opening 30 minutes it was already a case of how many he would score, rather than IF will he score. Total failure by the 3 central defenders, and the midfield to stop supply, break up play or stifle Dobbie direct. The laughable bit was when Dobbie gave Dallison (or Harrison) a 5 yard start, got around the lumbering giant and whipped the ball in at the keepers near post. A goal that should have been stopped easily by any defender with even the most modest pace and a little bit of strength. But no, it was simplicity itself and how Dobbie never got 6 was down to sloppy overconfidence on his part and a few half decent saves by Fasan.

Its pretty clear that most of the new players simply are much, much worse than those that have been replaced. Just compare Peter Grant to either Dallison or Harrison for example. Grants one weakness was his passing, the list of weaknesses of the other two looks like a shopping list for the worlds worst defenders, no heading ability, no strength, no pace, no awareness, can't tackle, can't get close enough to opponents to make blocks (see no pace), etc, etc. Then compare Paton to Taiwo - its like chalk and cheese. Taiwo wasn't the most mobile or quickest, but he could make simple passes and could tackle - two attributes sadly missing from Patons repertoire. All Paton can do is make telegraphed passes that fail to find their target, foul opponents and chase opponents with zero chance of catching them as he is so slow. Thats just two examples - but that runs throughout the whole team. Factor in the fact our best full back spends every match on the bench, we start with 3 guys at centre back who you cumulatively couldn't make one decent defender out of, and you have a recipe for disaster. The midfield is actually worse than its ever been - its so bad it makes me yearn for the Kerr/Taiwo partnership of last season which was itself pretty sh1te. No supply to forwards means no goals and pumping the ball from front to back might have worked for Livvi, but sure as sh1t aint working for us.

We were lucky to only lose 0-3. Should and could have been more.

Ratings
Fasan 5/10. At fault for 1st and 2nd goals in my opinion, but really redeemed himself 2nd half with a string of decent saves. Still utterly useless at kicking and distribution.

McGhee 4/10. Not enough pace to ever be a decent wing back (or full back). Get him playing in central defence for goodness sake where he may be at least partially useful.
Muirhead 4/10. Certainly puts effort in, just a pity most of it is totally wasted and the headless chicken act doesn't inspire his fellow central defenders. He's a very poor best of a truly awful lot of central defenders.
Harrison 1/10. We actually signed this guy? We would have been better just having a lump of wood painted in team colours instead, as it would be more mobile, better in the air and a more effective tackler.
Dallison 2/10. Actually much slower than he looks - a difficult feat to achieve but he manages it. Won two headers all day. Useless.
Russell 6/10. He gave it everything he had, then some, but just lacked any protection from midfield or his fellow defenders. Only player who actively tried to cause the opposition a problem and made some decent runs whenever he could. My MotM.

Irving 5/10. Mostly bypassed by the long ball game we played from the back. The only player with even a fraction of an ounce of vision, ball control and ability in midfield. Weak as p1sswater though which is no use at this level.
Paton 0/10. Got booked, and I was hoping for a second yellow as it was clear that was the only way to get him off the park. He "played" the whole game, touching the ball half a dozen times and generally blasting the ball miles out the park or something equally ineffective each time. Worthless being in the team.
Owen-Evans 1/10. Totally embarrassing performance from a guy who could not stay upright in a gentle breeze. Has the physical and mental attributes of Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl, and about the same footballing ability.

Lewis 6/10. If only he had better ball control we could actually have a player here. At least tried to make a difference and never hid. Probably tried a bit too hard.
Haber 2/10. That miss from all of one yard is right up there with the best of them. Tried to join up play but really no-one able to get close enough to help him out.

Subs
Petravicious 2/10. Faster than a speeding bullet but about as much use as a feather duster.
Greenwood 4/10. Came on and gave it all he had, which was more than most, but still not startling. Would start him ahead of most of the rest though as he at least tries.
Froxylias 3/10. Slow and cumbersome, but gets about and shows great endeavour. Possibly useful as a sitting/holding midfielder in front of a back 4.

Hartley 0/10. Failed to set up properly, failed to react to what was happening on the pitch and failed to get the correct players in, in the close season. I have lost faith in him almost completely.
I feel you're being over generous with your marking, especially for Paton and the rest of them.
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 08:24:45 AM

“John Markie” wrote: I expected a bigger reaction on here actually. This seems pretty subdue
The thread has stretched to two pages - that’s a pretty big reaction for this forum these days! :?
“John Markie” wrote: ...
Dobbie, we all know, is the one player of quality they have and even had we double teamed him I doubt the numpties we have playing would have managed to stifle his influence. He did very simple moves which should have been relatively easy to counter, yet we totally failed to mark him properly
Did anyone else notice that about 5 minutes before Dobbie scored his 1st he tried the exact same shot trying to catch the keeper off is line - Is this a trait of Fasan’s style that the opposition have picked up on.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 12:45:45 PM

Well, gladly I stayed true to my word and had a skinful before going to watch that.
It certainly numbed the pain, and I found myself actually laughing when Dobbie scored his second.
I don't know what Hartley thinks he can do to turn this around but it would need to be before this Saturday, as if we lose this, he will be out, no doubt about it in my mind.
The BoD are probably scared to sack him already as it will look like we have done so on the back of 3 games, but its actually been 8 or 9 competitive games, and based on that alone he should walk if we don't win this Saturday.

I tried to be objective and think back to how bad we were when Clyde pumped us 6:0, or when Dundee did similar (thanks Roddy Manley...), but there is a difference. I clearly remember we TRIED in those games, but we were just not good enough at that time. The level of effort from this bunch is minimal, apart from perhaps two or three at most.

Sad times, and incredibly we are only 7 points off the top spot. If by some miracle we started to pick up, we could still stay in touch with the teams above us, but I think there is no turning this oil tanker, and we are heading aimlessly towards relegation already.

This is no over reaction from our fans. We have seen ourselves the decline in our team from year to year, and our team from this time last year would have scored at least 3 against this team, so that shows you where we are.

Last chance saloon for Hartley on Saturday IF he makes it until then. If not, he will be out on his ear.
Here comes the doom.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 03:51:26 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 12:45:45 PM
Well, gladly I stayed true to my word and had a skinful before going to watch that.
It certainly numbed the pain, and I found myself actually laughing when Dobbie scored his second.
I don't know what Hartley thinks he can do to turn this around but it would need to be before this Saturday, as if we lose this, he will be out, no doubt about it in my mind.
The BoD are probably scared to sack him already as it will look like we have done so on the back of 3 games, but its actually been 8 or 9 competitive games, and based on that alone he should walk if we don't win this Saturday.

I tried to be objective and think back to how bad we were when Clyde pumped us 6:0, or when Dundee did similar (thanks Roddy Manley...), but there is a difference. I clearly remember we TRIED in those games, but we were just not good enough at that time. The level of effort from this bunch is minimal, apart from perhaps two or three at most.

Sad times, and incredibly we are only 7 points off the top spot. If by some miracle we started to pick up, we could still stay in touch with the teams above us, but I think there is no turning this oil tanker, and we are heading aimlessly towards relegation already.

This is no over reaction from our fans. We have seen ourselves the decline in our team from year to year, and our team from this time last year would have scored at least 3 against this team, so that shows you where we are.

Last chance saloon for Hartley on Saturday IF he makes it until then. If not, he will be out on his ear.
Sorry but your doing that Dundee side a disservice. As much as Manley scored 2 OG's, they were a fixture in the Premier League & regularly went to Glasgow & picked up points from Parkhead/Ibrox.
As for saying that last years team would have scored at least 3 against Queens, that's just dribble. In the same fixture last season we lost 4-1, Dobbie also scored a hatrick that day.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Thursday 30th 2018f August 2018 07:18:35 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 03:51:26 PM
Creative Redemption wrote:
Monday 27th 2018f August 2018 12:45:45 PM

Sorry but your doing that Dundee side a disservice. As much as Manley scored 2 OG's, they were a fixture in the Premier League & regularly went to Glasgow & picked up points from Parkhead/Ibrox.
As for saying that last years team would have scored at least 3 against Queens, that's just dribble. In the same fixture last season we lost 4-1, Dobbie also scored a hatrick that day.
I actually meant that the Falkirk team of last year would score 3 against the Falkirk team of this year.
Here comes the doom.