Vs ICT

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Re: Vs ICT

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 06th 2018f August 2018 01:34:07 PM

Another season another disappointment. Ludicrous team selection from Hartley playing as many people out of position as possible it would seem. Muirhead back at rightback where he's dreadful. McGhee at left back where hes' dreadful. Lewis is never a left winger and petra is just not a football player as far as I can see. Haber and Irving the only bright spots against a pretty medicocre ICt team. A pile of new signings but still no right back or left sided midfielder . Honestly dont know what Hartleys thinking.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 06th 2018f August 2018 01:35:35 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
Monday 06th 2018f August 2018 07:10:32 AM
...Was amazed to read some saying it was the worst performance they had seen in a long time ffs.
The frustration is that these types of performance are becoming all too common place. We've had a mass-influx of new players and yet fans are seeing no discernible difference so I'd conclude the manager has to take most of the blame for the setup and style we play.

I've not seen his interview but if as commented on he was happy with the performance then it would confirm that the players are carrying out his instructions as intended - just a shame the instructions are cr*p :x
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Monday 06th 2018f August 2018 10:55:56 PM

Can nobody remember the first three months under Jeffries?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Tuesday 07th 2018f August 2018 11:16:08 AM

I can remember us losing our first 3 games as Stainrod wasnt fit and the likes of Taylor hadnt signed yet. After that though I think we only lost once in the next 20 or something. Thats hardly 3 months.

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Romaines of the Day » Tuesday 07th 2018f August 2018 11:55:39 AM

Lost our first three league games, drew at Kilmarnock and then eventually won at home to Morton in mid-September. After that, with the exception of a 2-1 home defeat to to Ayr (I remember the fanzine wasn't too complimentary about that) we were practically unstoppable until the 2-0 home defeat to Raith Rovers in February 1991

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 07th 2018f August 2018 01:19:21 PM

I wasn't there on Saturday as I was up north, but by all accounts it sounds pretty dire.
However, although I am not 100% convinced with Hartley's signings yet, he is building a SQUAD, not just a team, and I do think they will gel as time goes on, and with the number of players brought in, we will have cover when the inevitable injury's and suspensions come in.
Not too many other teams will have the depth we have, come the winder months. Will that help? I think and hope so.
How well they gel is up for debate, and it will all be down to the players and how they get on with each other.
I went to the Aberdeen friendly and I did see cause for optimism, although I haven't seen us since, and it looks like we are struggling as a team.
It does not help that each week another signing comes in, so Hartley has to get his team sorted, and have it done in the next three games.
A draw against Partick would be a start, then we can start to kick on from there.
We are all in this together, and I think the players need us behind them. It's a bit soon to be crucifying the team yet.
My confidence hasn't lessened yet.
COYB.
Here comes the doom.

Art Vandelay
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Art Vandelay » Tuesday 07th 2018f August 2018 01:26:52 PM

I always look back at Jefferies first season and feel that the signings of Taylor, McQueen & Duffy after about a month of the season was the catalyst that got us going then. Oh to have an Alex Taylor in the team nowadays.

I do agree that the team needs some time to bed in and I'm not panicking yet. When they made so many changes during the close season I expected that it might take some time to gel. The slightly worrying aspect is that they have essentially played 5 competitive games and the reports are not exactly encouraging just now.
I was free and clear. I was living the dream. I was stripped to the waist eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Wednesday 08th 2018f August 2018 01:18:17 PM

I'm prepared to wait until October to make a proper judgement as my next game isn't until the end of August, then I will see quite a few in September and October. There does appear to be a lot of dross there at the moment