Vs east fife

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Vs east fife

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 29th 2018f July 2018 12:44:41 AM

Wasn’t there, by all acounts was the same old stuff. No invention or creation of chances.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

The Big Funk
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Re: Vs east fife

Post by The Big Funk » Sunday 29th 2018f July 2018 08:29:22 AM

First half was fairly poor. I thought there were some signs in second half we might be ok. High winds were a factor. I quite like the look of owen-evans, Sammut showed more dig and looked better, Lewis played on the left but to me, looks better through the middle. Haber showed flashes that he might be a handful, Mackin looked a bit sharper held the ball up a bit better and took his goals well. Petrevicius is raw but with a bit of confidence and coaching there might be a player there. Greenwood looked promising when he came on. Turner has showed very little so far and looks far too lightweight. Time will tell overall but I'm a bit happier than I was after the Montrose game.
Section B wank, wank, wank

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 29th 2018f July 2018 11:20:31 AM

First half was poor, a Sammut mistake losing possession leaving East Fife to blast a rocket from 20 yards, good goal. 2nd half showed more purpose. Not quite reasons to be cheerful but an improvement on what we’ve seen before. Mackin showing he can be physical upfront, good hold up play and not bad with ball at feet. Two good goals, one from a well connected corner and Haber providing an assist for his second on the angle. Haber showed flashes of what he can do, big brute upfront and needs to get fit and will improve. All the newbies showed a bit more of what they can do although yet to be convinced on Brough, game passed him by. Turner however can return to Port Vale in January, very poor show and offered next to nothing. Small improvement and more time needed.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 29th 2018f July 2018 11:25:58 AM

wasn't at this game so thanks for the sensible match reports guys.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 29th 2018f July 2018 11:53:55 AM

Shocking first half but much better second half. Positives and negatives on show but clear again that Hartley either doesn’t have a clue of his best xi/formation or is wildly wrong when selecting it. team looked much better after the subs and haven’t a clue why he is continuing to play Lewis left wing when he is clearly a striker nothing else. He has no left foot and doesn’t track back. Was froxy signed for the left wing position? If so then looks like Hartley has decided he won’t do already. Brough offered nothing yesterday but delighted to see dallison look very assured at the back.

Lewis Kidd should not be starting in the team if we are to win the league he isn’t good enough. Mackin was th biggest surprise in that he did pretty well. Word of caution in that we didn’t sign him to score goals v east fife but certainly I am more positive than I was when I heard he’d signed

All begins Saturday when real footy returns COYB