Vs Forfar

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Vs Forfar

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 03:05:15 PM

Another Tuesday game! Why don’t we play on Wednesdays? :P

Need a better performance, to give us at least some hope - Forfar have a better squad on paper than Montrose.

Another defeat and alarm bells will be well and truly ringing.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Vs Forfar

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 03:17:56 PM

I would expect Hartley puts out his possible strongest team tonight.
He needs to start getting some traction with this squad and nailing down his starting 11
Here comes the doom.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 03:24:38 PM

based on what I've seen last 2 games I'd go

----------------fasan---------------
McGhee Muirhead dallison Robson
----------------sammut----------------
petravious--------------------toe
-----------------froxy-------------------
-----------Mackin-------Lewis-----------
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 06:51:04 PM

Fools & their money, #diddy irrelevance that is no more than another pre season friendly.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 09:56:30 PM

We know your a customer Kiddy.

Some of us like support the club, a couple of big crowds and we get a few bob for more players.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 10:49:46 PM

first half one of the worst falkirk performances I can remember. they should have been 3 or 4 up easily. we were slow passing backwards too often and I don't think we tested their goalie once. their no10 looked better than any of our players.

second half the double substitutions improved us greatly and I hope we don't see the kidd Paton combination again. Lewis and toe were quicker offered more threat and tracked back more than kidd and froxy.

two goals were brilliantly executed and in particular very happy for petravious hopefully give his confidence a boost. he needs to stop trying to dribble past players and just hit it past them and run. no-one will catch him.

I'm surprised we've signed so many players with no pace down our spine in Harrison Paton froxy and Mackin. throw in kidd first half and you can see why even forfar bossed us easily. I think Harrison froxy and Mackin are decent footballers but Harrison will get roasted on the deck in the championship and while Mackin has a decent touch he's not mobile.

surprised Hartley made 5 changes as we are now only 2 weeks from needing to know our best side. he'll have learnt much tonight about players and formation. we still need new players.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 10:57:08 PM

Shambles again. Only once we scored against the run of play did we actually start playing with any confidence. If Forfar had taken their gilt edged chances, scored with their penalty, or had either of their two strikes against the woodwork gone in during the first half things would have turned out very badly indeed for us. They didn't and the record will show a "comfortable" 2-0 win for us. That gives a totally false picture of the game with Forfar bossing the game for the first hour, and in their no.10 Kelly, had the best player on the park by a country mile. If we had a player like him in the navy blue we might have shown a bit more composure and confidence, which he exuded whenever he had the ball. We have no-one who was even close to being as the same standard as this guy.

We started off with 3-4-1-2 line up, with possibly the three slowest immobile centre backs its possible to have in the same team. Petrivicius was right wing back, and Robson was pushed up wide left on the other side, with Kidd and Paton as the "sitting" midfielders. Up front and isolated were Mackin and Turner with Froxylias in no-mans land between the way too deep sitting midfielders, and the way too high front two.Now this might work against Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers, but a team playing with one man up front and runners coming from midfield, this was a recipe for disaster. Forfar pummelled us and should have made more of their chances, which had they taken would have seen them 4 up at half time. Our first shot (not on target) came after 58 minutes. Thats how truly sh1t we were.

Changing to a 4-4-2 after HT, with Robson moving to a more conventional lb, McGhee moving to rb, and Owen-Evans replacing an out of touch Froxylias in the heart or midfield, Lewis coming on for an equally ineffective Kidd (initially out on the left - why ffs?) certainly made us more competitive, although still second best to a really lively Forfar side. We scored from a decent move started by Owen-Evans and a few slick passes (our first of the game) saw the ball eventually coming to Lewis who smashed the ball home, totally against the run of play. We got confidence from that and we got another in the last 10 minutes from a long clearance upfield which evaded their defence, the goalie came out his box to confuse things even more and Petrivicious made neat work of dribbling round the keeper and lobbing the defender to make the game safe. O'Hara came on, late on for a tiring Turner and was certainly better than his previous embarrassing performance v Montrose. This win was another horrible performance from a group of players that look worse than last seasons woeful shower. Hopefully they will improve, but until we can contain players like Kelly we have little chance of getting anything from games against Championship sides.

Ratings
Mutch 5/10. Gave away and saved a penalty and the follow up. Punched and flapped when it was easier to catch and made a decent save from a deflection near the end. Unconvincing and liable to save a penalty then fling the ball into his own net, he is that nervous looking.

McGhee 4/10. Better in the second half, but still looks like a fish out of water when he crosses the halfway line. Didn't win a header all night.
Harrison 2/10. Slow, overweight, cant pass, cant run, cant head. So a fairly typical FFC centre half - or at least it is these last few years.
Dallison 4/10. Looked the most composed of the three at the back, but along with his colleagues looks ponderous, unsure of himself and was out-muscled by tiny forwards.

Petravicious 6/10. My FFC MotM. Possibly our best player over the 90 minutes. At least attempted to take on his opponent, tried to get back and defend when needed and again scored. He is no world beater, but probably the best we had tonight.
Paton 2/10. He reminds me of those 1950's cartoons, where you see the characters legs moving but they stay still. He is like a really, really sh1te Tom Taiwo who is so slow he fouls opponents because he can't get into position to make tackles because he is so slow.
Kidd 1/10. Terrible. Possibly made one pass, but for the rest of the half he was on he was chasing shadows. Chasing, but never catching. Yet another dead slow midfielder.
Robson 5/10. Pass marks, but only just as first half he had no idea where he was meant to be playing or who to mark, or where to go. Second half back to lb and we saw a few glimmers of the player of last season.

Froxylias 4/10. The ball passed him by, and he had to come back into midfield beside Kidd and Paton to help them out, so consequently the gap between midfield and the front two was too big. Half of this problem was lack of movement by everyone except Petravicious.

Turner 2/10. Total ineffective until he moved to the left second half where he managed to make a few runs and passes. But - is this the best we can do - a loanee from Port Vale?
Mackin 2/10. Quite an embarrassment to have paid money for this guy. Doubt he won more than 5% of high balls, made virtually no link ups with anyone and never had a shot all game. He stayed on 90 mins too - hahahahahahahahaha.

Subs
Owen-Evans 5/10. Started the move for the first goal, and generally gave a sense of quality on the left hand side of midfield. Still prone to passing to an opponent as often as he passes to a team mate, but there is some quality there.
Lewis 5/10. Decent half where he showed terrific desire, scored a good goal, and although he still cannot control a football at least looked like he might get a goal or two over the season. Needs a decent strike partner to get the best out of him, and that precludes Mackin and Turner who both look sh1t.
O'Hara 3/10. Much better than Saturday, but then, that would not be hard to achieve. Best work done out on the left, but some touches were horrific still.

Best player on the park by a mile was the Forfar no.10, Kelly who had our back line sh1tting it every time he got the ball.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by kemlinbairn » Wednesday 18th 2018f July 2018 08:43:06 AM

Didn't make it due to work but kept up with the BBC website. Bit frightening when Forfar have more possession, more shots and more shots on target.
As mentioned the record books will say a 2-0 win but don't give the big picture.
Anyway, onwards and upwards (hopefully)

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Wednesday 18th 2018f July 2018 12:13:56 PM

John Markie wrote:
Tuesday 17th 2018f July 2018 10:57:08 PM
Shambles again. Only once we scored against the run of play did we actually start playing with any confidence. If Forfar had taken their gilt edged chances, scored with their penalty, or had either of their two strikes against the woodwork gone in during the first half things would have turned out very badly indeed for us. They didn't and the record will show a "comfortable" 2-0 win for us. That gives a totally false picture of the game with Forfar bossing the game for the first hour, and in their no.10 Kelly, had the best player on the park by a country mile. If we had a player like him in the navy blue we might have shown a bit more composure and confidence, which he exuded whenever he had the ball. We have no-one who was even close to being as the same standard as this guy.

We started off with 3-4-1-2 line up, with possibly the three slowest immobile centre backs its possible to have in the same team. Petrivicius was right wing back, and Robson was pushed up wide left on the other side, with Kidd and Paton as the "sitting" midfielders. Up front and isolated were Mackin and Turner with Froxylias in no-mans land between the way too deep sitting midfielders, and the way too high front two.Now this might work against Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers, but a team playing with one man up front and runners coming from midfield, this was a recipe for disaster. Forfar pummelled us and should have made more of their chances, which had they taken would have seen them 4 up at half time. Our first shot (not on target) came after 58 minutes. Thats how truly sh1t we were.

Changing to a 4-4-2 after HT, with Robson moving to a more conventional lb, McGhee moving to rb, and Owen-Evans replacing an out of touch Froxylias in the heart or midfield, Lewis coming on for an equally ineffective Kidd (initially out on the left - why ffs?) certainly made us more competitive, although still second best to a really lively Forfar side. We scored from a decent move started by Owen-Evans and a few slick passes (our first of the game) saw the ball eventually coming to Lewis who smashed the ball home, totally against the run of play. We got confidence from that and we got another in the last 10 minutes from a long clearance upfield which evaded their defence, the goalie came out his box to confuse things even more and Petrivicious made neat work of dribbling round the keeper and lobbing the defender to make the game safe. O'Hara came on, late on for a tiring Turner and was certainly better than his previous embarrassing performance v Montrose. This win was another horrible performance from a group of players that look worse than last seasons woeful shower. Hopefully they will improve, but until we can contain players like Kelly we have little chance of getting anything from games against Championship sides.

Ratings
Mutch 5/10. Gave away and saved a penalty and the follow up. Punched and flapped when it was easier to catch and made a decent save from a deflection near the end. Unconvincing and liable to save a penalty then fling the ball into his own net, he is that nervous looking.

McGhee 4/10. Better in the second half, but still looks like a fish out of water when he crosses the halfway line. Didn't win a header all night.
Harrison 2/10. Slow, overweight, cant pass, cant run, cant head. So a fairly typical FFC centre half - or at least it is these last few years.
Dallison 4/10. Looked the most composed of the three at the back, but along with his colleagues looks ponderous, unsure of himself and was out-muscled by tiny forwards.

Petravicious 6/10. My FFC MotM. Possibly our best player over the 90 minutes. At least attempted to take on his opponent, tried to get back and defend when needed and again scored. He is no world beater, but probably the best we had tonight.
Paton 2/10. He reminds me of those 1950's cartoons, where you see the characters legs moving but they stay still. He is like a really, really sh1te Tom Taiwo who is so slow he fouls opponents because he can't get into position to make tackles because he is so slow.
Kidd 1/10. Terrible. Possibly made one pass, but for the rest of the half he was on he was chasing shadows. Chasing, but never catching. Yet another dead slow midfielder.
Robson 5/10. Pass marks, but only just as first half he had no idea where he was meant to be playing or who to mark, or where to go. Second half back to lb and we saw a few glimmers of the player of last season.

Froxylias 4/10. The ball passed him by, and he had to come back into midfield beside Kidd and Paton to help them out, so consequently the gap between midfield and the front two was too big. Half of this problem was lack of movement by everyone except Petravicious.

Turner 2/10. Total ineffective until he moved to the left second half where he managed to make a few runs and passes. But - is this the best we can do - a loanee from Port Vale?
Mackin 2/10. Quite an embarrassment to have paid money for this guy. Doubt he won more than 5% of high balls, made virtually no link ups with anyone and never had a shot all game. He stayed on 90 mins too - hahahahahahahahaha.

Subs
Owen-Evans 5/10. Started the move for the first goal, and generally gave a sense of quality on the left hand side of midfield. Still prone to passing to an opponent as often as he passes to a team mate, but there is some quality there.
Lewis 5/10. Decent half where he showed terrific desire, scored a good goal, and although he still cannot control a football at least looked like he might get a goal or two over the season. Needs a decent strike partner to get the best out of him, and that precludes Mackin and Turner who both look sh1t.
O'Hara 3/10. Much better than Saturday, but then, that would not be hard to achieve. Best work done out on the left, but some touches were horrific still.

Best player on the park by a mile was the Forfar no.10, Kelly who had our back line sh1tting it every time he got the ball.
The only thing I would argue with is that you misname "Kelly". It's Dylan Easton and he's been around for a few years now. Started at St J before dropping down to Elgin and Clyde I think. Never any doubts over his skills, just his attitude from what I read.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 18th 2018f July 2018 07:56:39 PM

Watched the second half on ftv, poor stuff similar to Saturday. Imo Hartley needs to decide on his formation and strongest 11 and go with that to give the players the opportunity to build up an understanding before the ICT game.

With so many new players, especially from out with Scotland, it's going to take time to gel and get used to the Scottish game. However expectations are high and they need to get their act together quickly.