We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by hobbes » Monday 25th 2018f June 2018 04:18:35 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Monday 25th 2018f June 2018 11:15:12 AM
hobbes wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 11:59:16 PM
Exciting week for the club, pr and signings at the start of the week was excellent. Come on here tonight and all you get are folk moaning that the strips aren't right and we've signed folk that nobody has heard of! F**k this, I'm done with this forum and all the negativity that comes with it. I'm by no means a happy clapper but some of the folk on here would find fault with everything the club does.
You always have the alternative of the Brockville Spirit forum.
If you're not on it, then it's maybe worth a shout.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 02nd 2018f July 2018 03:22:59 PM

Looking at the season ticket sales of over 2500 - I have mixed feelings about this, I think it’s a great number, but I’m concerned that us fans could be taken for granted, as far as the board is concerned We can finish 8th and we’ll still buy season tickets.

Might have been better for us the not buy until after the BetFred cup games :help2: :help2: :help2:
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Monday 02nd 2018f July 2018 03:34:15 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 02nd 2018f July 2018 03:22:59 PM
Looking at the season ticket sales of over 2500 - I have mixed feelings about this, I think it’s a great number, but I’m concerned that us fans could be taken for granted, as far as the board is concerned We can finish 8th and we’ll still buy season tickets.

Might have been better for us the not buy until after the BetFred cup games :help2: :help2: :help2:
I think you have a fair point if it was 2500 sold and the same team and manager as the start of last season, however I'm guessing folks like myself are buying into the fact that post Xmas Hartley had us in play off form and it's the excitement and unknown of the mass influx of players.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Monday 02nd 2018f July 2018 11:08:51 PM

True. But look at this from a more jaundiced (experienced?) point of view. We have signed players we know nothing about. Some or all may be great, but going on past history, not all of them will be world beaters, and some might even be of a similar standard to the worse players already on the books. Its going to take time for all these new signings to gel - and its a pretty big turnover of players, and some of the existing players we have kept are sh1t (e.g. Muirhead), so thats not going to make things any easier.

After the last few seasons we probably are more loyal than many others would be. I just can't face yet another season of watching sh1t like Muirhead captain/play in the side whilst being unable to pass, head, tackle, mark or motivate. Its easier to get on my bike and go cycling up some hills than suffering that again.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Tuesday 03rd 2018f July 2018 08:53:44 AM

Jesus christ this place is depressing as ****. I could swear some of you LOVE it when Falkirk get beat so you can come on here and moan.

This is my last post on here I can't be arsed reading the dour as **** posts anymore.Enjoy being depressing old farts!

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Tuesday 03rd 2018f July 2018 01:21:42 PM

John Markie wrote:
Monday 02nd 2018f July 2018 11:08:51 PM
True. But look at this from a more jaundiced (experienced?) point of view. We have signed players we know nothing about. Some or all may be great, but going on past history, not all of them will be world beaters, and some might even be of a similar standard to the worse players already on the books. Its going to take time for all these new signings to gel - and its a pretty big turnover of players, and some of the existing players we have kept are sh1t (e.g. Muirhead), so thats not going to make things any easier.

After the last few seasons we probably are more loyal than many others would be. I just can't face yet another season of watching sh1t like Muirhead captain/play in the side whilst being unable to pass, head, tackle, mark or motivate. Its easier to get on my bike and go cycling up some hills than suffering that again.
No offence mate I value your contribution to this forum along with your U20's / First team match reports and your player ratings ( albeit they are entirely based on your personal opinion ) but your constant criticising of Muirhead is becoming a bit wearing.

We all know he is not the best but he is a Falkirk player and we all want the team to succeed don't we ? Well maybe not if you read some of the posts on here.
Yes we are in uncharted territory as regards to the influx of new signings but here's hoping PH has got his strategy right and gets the team moving forward after the bombscare of a season last year so lets maybe all try and get behind each and every player from the start here.
In 6 months time i may be proved wrong and you can remind me of that but lets wipe the slate clean and get behind everyone in the team at least for now

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 03rd 2018f July 2018 05:04:53 PM

Wrt Muirhead, I am as big a critic as any. I can’t be bothered with the Captain Courageous stuff after a decent recovery tackle when he just screwed up 10 seconds before. In my opinion, he isn’t dependable or capable enough as a defender.
I am sure he is about as good a penalty taker as there is, and I am equally sure he gives 100%, but that’s not enough.

BUT

Like everyone else, I won’t let the presence of Muirhead be the deciding factor in whether or not I go to games. I have said it before, but what I am now hoping for is Muirhead being the weakest player we have. If that’s the case, we will be just fine.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Tuesday 03rd 2018f July 2018 06:10:59 PM

As far as I’m concerned, it’s a new season with lots of new players and a relatively new manager who did a good job in saving us from oblivion.
I’m one of those that will still go no matter how bad we are or how poor our BOD is.
I’ve been through lots of really bad times but FFC is our local team and that’s the one for me.
Back when there was little road transport (50’s) I would watch the Shire when we were away but never really got into the Shire.
I just need to think of Sammy Kean,Tommy Younger, Dave Clarke , Eamonn Bannon to name but a few to realise how much we’ve progressed as a club despite our current languishing in this rotten league.
Cheer up, please.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 15th 2018f July 2018 03:12:41 AM

We don't moan enough!!!

2600 season ticket holders, and we get performances like THAT!!!
Cue give them a chance blah, blah, blah..... Naw! Hartley and Richard have signed dross!
I was all for giving up the academy because local lads are too busy trying to look like being a #baller than actually living the life and dedicating their life to being a professional sportsman - now I'm not so sure.

Last year we were the worst totally full time team in Scotland, I doubt that will change this season. This is a complete disgrace
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Sunday 15th 2018f July 2018 07:54:22 PM

Well that's not an informed opinion on academy lads. I've been around the academy quite a bit and I can assure you these lads want to be footballers. Sure, you get the odd one like that but it's certainly not the majority. These lads were devastated when the plug got pulled.

Have to agree about some signings. Macklin being the worst by far. I think Sammut will come on and so will TOE. Paton I don't like but we have to see if this lot gel. These things can take time but I hope for all our sakes it doesn't take too long

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 18th 2018f July 2018 10:02:50 PM

First game in and the fans were already booing :lol:

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 19th 2018f July 2018 09:22:30 AM

To be honest first game, 10th game , 20th game I don't see why fans shouldn't boo if the performance is dreadful. Next game start from scratch back the team but again if its shoot boo them off. They need to know whats acceptable and what isnt. There's a hell of a lot of pressure on the manager and bod to get it right this season. The CEO and chairman have dumped the academy to concentrate on getting us up so we sure as hell better be there or there abouts this season or heads should roll. I just hope to hell it was the right decision or the future of the club could be at stake.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 19th 2018f July 2018 11:19:15 AM

Agree with what you are saying regarding the pressures and that we have to get it right but I have never once booed my team. If we play badly then I choose not to clap. The team know they haven't performed well, they don't need us booing them to reinforce that. It is only breeding more negativity. Everyone is entitled to do as they please but I am 100% against booing my team no matter the result. I'm there to support them, not make things worse when they do badly.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Thursday 19th 2018f July 2018 07:09:03 PM

Grown men booing must be up there with the most cringeworthy things you can see in life.
All they are missing is a wee dummy in their mouth and a rattle to throw out their cots.
Utterly and completely embarrassing.
Here comes the doom.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 21st 2018f July 2018 05:45:09 AM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Thursday 19th 2018f July 2018 07:09:03 PM
Grown men booing must be up there with the most cringeworthy things you can see in life.
All they are missing is a wee dummy in their mouth and a rattle to throw out their cots.
Utterly and completely embarrassing.
Couldnt agree more although there is something comedic about seeing grown men boo whilst absolutely seething. A boo should be an ironic gesture, reserved for pantomines, and not an actual thing you do in anger.