We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
User avatar
hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 649
Joined: Tuesday 04th 2006f April 2006 09:51:42 AM

We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by hobbes » Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 11:59:16 PM

Exciting week for the club, pr and signings at the start of the week was excellent. Come on here tonight and all you get are folk moaning that the strips aren't right and we've signed folk that nobody has heard of! F**k this, I'm done with this forum and all the negativity that comes with it. I'm by no means a happy clapper but some of the folk on here would find fault with everything the club does.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wednesday 04th 2009f March 2009 11:02:16 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 12:20:32 AM

Will come back to this post when we are in another relegation battle.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 160
Joined: Tuesday 16th 2010f February 2010 09:44:43 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 03:26:30 AM

Falkirkfan6871 wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 12:20:32 AM
Will come back to this post when we are in another relegation battle.
Eternal optimist

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by AL_bairn » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 07:19:50 AM

The club have been excellent this week. I said to my mate last night that there was very little negativity around just now but you can always count on some on onef.

To be honest there are 3 dour faced posters on here and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person using the 3 accounts.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 206
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 09:02:14 AM

Falkirkfan6871 wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 12:20:32 AM
Will come back to this post when we are in another relegation battle.
Sounds as though you want there to be another relegation battle and now you’ve stated the above you will be delighted to see us fail so you can be proved right.

I will come back to this post when you are wrong, will you be able to hold your hands up and admit it?

The truth is, no one knows how it’s going to pan out but Hartley has changed it up significantly. No journeymen being signed, getting players from big academies down south. PR have been fantastic. Nothing to be negative about yet so do us all a favour and keep your negativity to yourself for the time being. Cheers

User avatar
dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4033
Joined: Sunday 24th 2006f September 2006 10:48:38 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 10:16:50 AM

The last week or so has been fantastic from a PR point of view.
We know very little about the signings but a lot of hard work has gone in to identifying the players we need.
Whether or not it works out remains to be seen but I, for one, am really enjoying and buying in to the pre season excitement.
Can’t wait for the start.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by AL_bairn » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 10:28:58 AM

Not every player we have signed will be a hit but hopefully we get more hits than misses. Now Hartley has his own team in he won't have to rebuild to such an extent again.

It will be more about fine tuning his squads in the future and scouting for the players that will make a big difference.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4986
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 11:52:39 AM

hobbes wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 11:59:16 PM
Exciting week for the club, pr and signings at the start of the week was excellent. Come on here tonight and all you get are folk moaning that the strips aren't right and we've signed folk that nobody has heard of! F**k this, I'm done with this forum and all the negativity that comes with it. I'm by no means a happy clapper but some of the folk on here would find fault with everything the club does.
Think you're being a bit selective, loads of positive comments on the forum this week.

I for one cant wait for the season to start. Loads of new unknown players with three coming from the BPL,, cracking strips and fantastic PR from the club. The feelgood factor is back.

User avatar
hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 649
Joined: Tuesday 04th 2006f April 2006 09:51:42 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by hobbes » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 12:53:17 PM

I came onto the forum last night and the only 2 posts that were new were one slagging the strip and one moaning about not knowing who the players are. I accept that they have been some positive comments but on the whole the majority of posts on here are quite negative.
As for AL_bairn recalling this post when "we're in another relegation battle" do what you want if it makes you happy that the team is struggling. You must have loved the last season. :wiggle:
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by AL_bairn » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 01:14:01 PM

hobbes wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 12:53:17 PM
I came onto the forum last night and the only 2 posts that were new were one slagging the strip and one moaning about not knowing who the players are. I accept that they have been some positive comments but on the whole the majority of posts on here are quite negative.
As for AL_bairn recalling this post when "we're in another relegation battle" do what you want if it makes you happy that the team is struggling. You must have loved the last season. :wiggle:
I did no such bloody thing!

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 476
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 10:48:03 AM
Location: Bainsford

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Ricey » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 01:51:15 PM

I too am excited about the season ahead more so than in any recent season. That doesn’t mean however that I don’t have a wee voice at the back of my head saying let’s wait and see what these guys are like first. The key difference is that previously I saw the club sign players I knew weren’t good enough this time as far as I know they could all be brilliant. On top of that as I have posted earlier in the weèk the club nailed it this week on how to do pr effectively. We’ve all slagged the silly slogans of the past and rightly so but we need to give credit where it’s due when we’re bang on the money.

Incidentally who at the club sets the pr strategy and comes up with the ideas? I assume it’s a team as opposed to one person?

User avatar
hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 649
Joined: Tuesday 04th 2006f April 2006 09:51:42 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by hobbes » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 02:03:46 PM

Apologies AL_bairn, I meant Falkirk6781. Doing this on my phone and your name obviously just stuck in my head.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

User avatar
Bainsfordbairn2
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 45
Joined: Thursday 11th 2016f February 2016 09:33:12 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Bainsfordbairn2 » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 08:05:00 PM

hobbes wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 02:03:46 PM
Apologies AL_bairn, I meant Falkirk6781. Doing this on my phone and your name obviously just stuck in my head.
6781 has been posting utter guff on One F for well over a decade. He had such a bad reputation in the old days that he got admin to change his user name because every time he posted something he got slaughtered from all sides.

I don't think he's ever been to a Falkirk game - his justification for an obvious lack of football knowledge used to be that he wouldn't attend a match until Pressley left. Five years later he still can't make a post that's even remotely insightful or relevant.

I wouldn't let him put you off.

User avatar
Bainsfordbairn2
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 45
Joined: Thursday 11th 2016f February 2016 09:33:12 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Bainsfordbairn2 » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 08:12:45 PM

Ricey wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 01:51:15 PM
Incidentally who at the club sets the pr strategy and comes up with the ideas? I assume it’s a team as opposed to one person?
The Media & Football Operations Officer, Connor Park, is responsible for everything that goes online. Though many of the things that he puts up are created from suggestions by the two directors who're in every day - Craig Campbell the CEO and Kieran Koszary who runs the Commercial side. The three of them work closely together.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4684
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 08:26:06 PM

We are in the top 10 best supported teams in the country and finished the worst truly full time club in the land. The twentieth best team.

We should be a moaning bunch of gits!

PR chicanery, fancy custom strips and social media claptrap doesn’t change a thing!
I am excited we have at least looked out with Scotland for most of our signings but until we actually perform on the park and results improve. We should all be watchful and remember last season and the excitement #ourtime
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4986
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 09:22:15 PM

I had zero excitement last year due to houstie, was that bad i never renewed. This year is totally different.

Just need to hope that 80% of these guys turn out good, and that hartley can mould them into a team quickly.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1685
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 11:51:27 PM

I must admit to having a laugh because someone said that because they hadn’t heard of these players (and therefore had zero knowledge of either their ability, or the level they had been performing at), then they must by definition be as bad or worse than what had gone before.
It reminded me of the old Monty Python witch sketch where logic defined that wood floats, therefore all that floats is made of wood.

None of us know how this is going to pan out. Livingston have had their successful year by hiring several players/staff with criminal records. Happily, we don’t seem to have done that.

It’s a new adventure. We don’t know where it’s taking us. The one thing that is beyond doubt is that there has been a lot of time and effort in doing things differently. In improving things. Last season was bad, but we have avoided the path to becoming a Raith Rovers or an Airdrie.

Last season, we were the big joke of the division. For now at least, there isn’t a single club in the Championship that isn’t severely rattled by what Falkirk FC are doing. Yes, there’s bravado coming out of Dunfermline, Dundee, Dingwall and Greenock that it won’t work, and they are unknowns, and they won’t gel......but they are all well and truly rattled.

It deserves a chance, and it deserves to succeed, as it’s the first bit of truly fresh air in this standard of football for many a year.
Last edited by Duncan Freemason on Sunday 24th 2018f June 2018 04:15:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kemlinbairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 160
Joined: Tuesday 16th 2010f February 2010 09:44:43 AM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 24th 2018f June 2018 01:25:17 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 11:51:27 PM
I must admit to having a laugh because someone said that because they hadn’t heard of these players (and therefore had zero knowledge of either their ability, or the level they had been performing at), then they must by definition be as bad or worse than what had gone before.
It reminded me of the old Monty Python witch stretch where logic defined that wood floats, therefore all that floats is made of wood.

None of us know how this is going to pan out. Livingston have had their successful year by hiring several players/staff with criminal records. Happily, we don’t seem to have done that.

It’s a new adventure. We don’t know where it’s taking us. The one thing that is beyond doubt is that there has been a lot of time and effort in doing things differently. In improving things. Last season was bad, but we have avoided the path to becoming a Raith Rovers or an Airdrie.

Last season, we were the big joke of the division. For now at least, there isn’t a single club in the Championship that isn’t severely rattled by what Falkirk FC are doing. Yes, there’s bravado that it won’t work, and they are unknowns, and they won’t gel......but they are well and truly rattled.

It deserves a chance, and it deserves to succeed, as it’s the first bit of truly fresh air in this standard of football for many a year.
Seconded

User avatar
chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 223
Joined: Tuesday 21st 2009f April 2009 05:46:30 PM

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by chippo1876 » Sunday 24th 2018f June 2018 10:53:28 AM

for the first time in quite a few seasons i'm genuinely excited by the influx of players to the team, just because we haven't heard of a few of them doesn't mean they're failures nobody had heard of stokes, farid, lyle taylor etc etc before they came to the club thats part of the unknown factor that excites, i wasn't going to renew my season ticket at the end of last season but i have now because of these changes if we all had a crystal ball we could choose to or not to support the team we can't say they haven't tried something completely different and i for one hope it comes off.

expect the unexpected !!

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20411
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: We really are a bunch of moaning gits.

Post by Kiddy » Monday 25th 2018f June 2018 11:15:12 AM

hobbes wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 11:59:16 PM
Exciting week for the club, pr and signings at the start of the week was excellent. Come on here tonight and all you get are folk moaning that the strips aren't right and we've signed folk that nobody has heard of! F**k this, I'm done with this forum and all the negativity that comes with it. I'm by no means a happy clapper but some of the folk on here would find fault with everything the club does.
You always have the alternative of the Brockville Spirit forum.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests