Signings on the way

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by AL_bairn » Tuesday 19th 2018f June 2018 07:11:27 PM

To be fair the Motherwell fans aren't too hot on him either. He must have something about him though to get capped 7 times. He's still young and hopefully he can kick on with us next season.

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 19th 2018f June 2018 09:27:42 PM

Dmitris Froxylias has now signed. 1 year deal with 1 year option extension.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 19th 2018f June 2018 09:33:20 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Tuesday 19th 2018f June 2018 07:11:27 PM
To be fair the Motherwell fans aren't too hot on him either. He must have something about him though to get capped 7 times. He's still young and hopefully he can kick on with us next season.
I wouldn’t read too much in to that. The Wycombe fans tried to warn us off Jak when he joined us, saying he was chronic. Shows how much they know.
Last edited by Quidsin on Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 10:17:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Quidsin » Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 08:20:29 AM

Froxy scoring goals https://mobile.twitter.com/spfl/status/ ... lang=en-gb
Powerful shot and a free kick specialist. My reckoning we have a several players now capable of good free kicks including McKee, McGhee, and Kidd.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1680
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 05:11:34 PM

Every group of supporters is happy to up the negatives on many ex players....us included.
There will be more than a little truth to it tbh, but we have a manager who backs himself to be the guy to get the best from them. That’s what he did with Longridge last season, and it didn’t work out, so the lad has moved on.
I doubt that we have signed nine gems, and it’s more than likely a few will fall by the way side. The key to the Lithuanian lad is his age....at ‘Well, it could easily have been too much too soon, and anxiety as much as anything was why it didn’t work out for him. Hopefully, PH sees something, and a wee bit of maturity might see us with a very different player to the one at Motherwell.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 471
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 10:48:03 AM
Location: Bainsford

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Ricey » Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 09:20:26 PM

Exciting times and at least given we no little about the majority of the signings we can look forward to the new season with real optimism which many of our rivals can’t say. Each of these players will begin to be judged when the league starts and Hartley, Campbell and Lang’s reign will be judged along with it. As long as Hartley gets more right than wrong then we should be heading in the right direction. Special mention for the pr dept who have handled this week brilliantly

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 2543
Joined: Wednesday 04th 2009f March 2009 11:02:16 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:02:56 PM

Ricey wrote:
Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 09:20:26 PM
Exciting times and at least given we no little about the majority of the signings we can look forward to the new season with real optimism which many of our rivals can’t say. Each of these players will begin to be judged when the league starts and Hartley, Campbell and Lang’s reign will be judged along with it. As long as Hartley gets more right than wrong then we should be heading in the right direction. Special mention for the pr dept who have handled this week brilliantly
Or that we signed nobody’s who can’t get a game anywhere else.

We have zero chance of winning the league this season. Other teams have assembled much stronger squads and I would be surprised if Dundee United don’t walk the league this year.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by AL_bairn » Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:17:43 PM

Falkirkfan6871 wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:02:56 PM
Ricey wrote:
Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 09:20:26 PM
Exciting times and at least given we no little about the majority of the signings we can look forward to the new season with real optimism which many of our rivals can’t say. Each of these players will begin to be judged when the league starts and Hartley, Campbell and Lang’s reign will be judged along with it. As long as Hartley gets more right than wrong then we should be heading in the right direction. Special mention for the pr dept who have handled this week brilliantly
Or that we signed nobody’s who can’t get a game anywhere else.

We have zero chance of winning the league this season. Other teams have assembled much stronger squads and I would be surprised if Dundee United don’t walk the league this year.
What makes you think Dundee Utd will win the league?

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Quidsin » Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:37:14 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:17:43 PM
Falkirkfan6871 wrote:
Friday 22nd 2018f June 2018 10:02:56 PM
Ricey wrote:
Wednesday 20th 2018f June 2018 09:20:26 PM
Exciting times and at least given we no little about the majority of the signings we can look forward to the new season with real optimism which many of our rivals can’t say. Each of these players will begin to be judged when the league starts and Hartley, Campbell and Lang’s reign will be judged along with it. As long as Hartley gets more right than wrong then we should be heading in the right direction. Special mention for the pr dept who have handled this week brilliantly
Or that we signed nobody’s who can’t get a game anywhere else.

We have zero chance of winning the league this season. Other teams have assembled much stronger squads and I would be surprised if Dundee United don’t walk the league this year.
What makes you think Dundee Utd will win the league?
Dundee Utd are done as a club with further to fall.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4963
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 11:54:29 AM

Possibly another signing today going by ffc twitter.

At a guess it could be dan turner of port vale

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 471
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 10:48:03 AM
Location: Bainsford

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Ricey » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 01:54:01 PM

How anybody can claim we will win the league or are behind other clubs in our signings is ludicrous. Until we see the players in a falkirk shirt and the opponents in theirs we have no way of knowing. Some folk need to have word with themselves

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 156
Joined: Friday 21st 2010f May 2010 02:12:22 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Romaines of the Day » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 03:00:52 PM

https://t.co/sYKwR2If22?amp=1

Paul Paton - quite the history this one. Might be the hard man we need or the liability that we don't.

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Quidsin » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 04:09:53 PM

Romaines of the Day wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 03:00:52 PM
https://t.co/sYKwR2If22?amp=1

Paul Paton - quite the history this one. Might be the hard man we need or the liability that we don't.
Arrested and charged for assaulting Zaluska in 2014, but that’s behind him I guess.
A hard man which we do need tbh. Aero’s not captain material.
Welcome to Falkirk Paul.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4963
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 04:55:15 PM

Quite happy with this. We need a bit of nastiness and hopefully paton will provide it.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4666
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 05:09:18 PM

Why not keep Taiwo? Paton is a very similar player but has the added ingredient of being a bampot
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4963
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 05:16:03 PM

Hopefully he's an upgrade on taiwo

User avatar
grumpyoldman
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wednesday 04th 2006f January 2006 11:02:14 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by grumpyoldman » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 07:36:33 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 05:09:18 PM
Why not keep Taiwo? Paton is a very similar player but has the added ingredient of being a bampot
Because Taiwo wasn’t good enough

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4666
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 08:01:37 PM

Oh I don’t disagree, but I have my doubts that Paton is any better.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5511
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Sunday 24th 2018f June 2018 11:46:38 AM

If hes at least as good as taiwo yet isnt crocked every two mins then he will be an improvement.

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20397
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: Signings on the way

Post by Kiddy » Monday 25th 2018f June 2018 11:13:48 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Saturday 23rd 2018f June 2018 05:09:18 PM
Why not keep Taiwo? Paton is a very similar player but has the added ingredient of being a bampot
I must have missed his "bampottery" moment?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests