Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Re: Sibbald signs for Ferranti thistle

Post by Dade » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 12:37:30 AM

TheBoysDoneGood wrote:
Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 10:06:30 PM
If I was a professional footballer there are a few things as a Falkirk fan that I would never do. One of them is sign for Toni Macaroni FC.

It's true he'd stagnated quite some time ago and needed change, way before now. But to move where he has is just to basically give up.

Scottish football is an absolute backwater, you only have one life, might as well expand your horizons and try to progress as a footballer. Offer yourself on trial to teams in the German third tier or something a bit different. Surely someone somewhere would want to take a chance on him.

To decide signing for Livi is going to be your best bet even before we're into June.......that's some sad sh1t.
This is total conjecture but I often got the feeling that Sibbald is more interested in the lifestyle that football brings than committed to being the best he can be.

I know his lack of natural atheltism and speed has let him down but if he had the right attitude to building on his abilities then he would have left us a long time ago and not to Livingston.

As I said I don’t have much to go on other than what I’ve seen on the pitch but also I generally take a bad view on tattoo sleeves amongst young players. Says something to me about their mindset. Too concerned with looking good than being good.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 08:55:45 AM

Dade wrote:
Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 12:37:30 AM
... I generally take a bad view on tattoo sleeves amongst young players...
Showing your age there Dade :lol:
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 09:14:04 AM

Players have always been peacocks.

From the Brylcreem'ed young men of the 50's through shaggy haired fashion icons like Marinello, Charlie George, George Best etc to the permed and blonde highlighted 1980's fashion disasters like Davie Provan and Ian Ferguson.

Nothing new under the sun.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 11:20:26 AM

rusty_nail wrote:
Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 08:55:45 AM
Dade wrote:
Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 12:37:30 AM
... I generally take a bad view on tattoo sleeves amongst young players...
Showing your age there Dade :lol:
Yeh no doubt!

I’d much rather he had a perm!

Edited to add: I’ll go out on a limb and say that by and large the most promising young stars don’t have tattoo sleeves!
Last edited by Dade on Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 02:31:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 01:19:53 PM

If ever he needs any motivation to prove himself to the "fans" of our club, all he has to do is read the utter p1sh being spouted on this forum.
Good luck wee man.
Thanks for the memories.
Here comes the doom.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 01:54:28 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Friday 01st 2018f June 2018 01:19:53 PM
If ever he needs any motivation to prove himself to the "fans" of our club, all he has to do is read the utter p1sh being spouted on this forum.
Good luck wee man.
Thanks for the memories.
I don’t think anyone’s been too harsh on him and most points are fair enough. I did say my tattoo point was totally subjective and plays more to my prejudice of tattoo sleeves.

Anyway we all wanted him to do well but to say he’s been a superstar for us just isn’t true. He showed glimpses of class, was an effective player but at the end of the day he’s chosen to leave us and to go to Livingston. As much as I want to wish him well I can’t agree or understand that decision. The biggest thing that will be hard to replace is to have a talented player who is a supporter of our club however once again he has left us for Livingston and was desperate to get away last season.

Also as I said Hippolyte in his short time was a more effective player and had he been brought through our ranks and a local lad then he’d have been thought of a lot higher but it wouldn’t have made him a better player.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 02nd 2018f June 2018 11:15:53 AM

We all wanted Sibbs to push on, and be the player we all thought he could be. I remember his debut against Leeds, and he looked like a sensation in the making.

Sadly, it didn’t happen, and while the guy could give us the (very) occasional glimpses of brilliance, it was never enough to outweigh the shortfalls in his game.

Because he was one of our own, we always forgave him those shortfalls, but scouts from bigger clubs clearly didn’t.
That’s why he has made it to the Scottish top flight (which in his first season, looked a level or two below ability), and is signed to an absolute nugget of a football club in the shape of Livingston.
He might make a huge impression there and get sold on, but I doubt that very much.