Sibbald signs for Ferranti thistle

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Sibbald signs for Ferranti thistle

Post by chippo1876 » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 07:56:01 PM

Falkirk FC can confirm that Craig Sibbald has joined Livingston FC for an undisclosed fee.

The 23 year old midfielder, who has played over 250 times for the club, departs having expressed a strong desire to continue his career elsewhere.

Craig has been an outstanding servant to the club over a number of years and has played a key part in a number of high profile matches throughout his time at The Falkirk Stadium.

Manager Paul Hartley, said: “Naturally I am disappointed to lose Craig as he has been an important player for this club over a number of years.

“We made Craig an improved contract offer to retain his services however, it was evident from a very early stage in our conversations that he wanted to challenge himself elsewhere.

“It is important that we have players in our squad who want to be here and our summer recruitment drive continues at full speed to bring in those individuals.

“I personally would like to wish Craig the very best for the future and know that those views will be shared by everyone at the club and the Falkirk support.”

imo i don't blame him for leaving the bairns after the way he was treated last summer but to go to those cheating feckers.......well lacks ambition for one but i guess he didn't have too many offers on the table to compete with. good luck sibbs but you are much better than that mob !!

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Sibbald signs for Ferranti thistle

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 08:14:30 PM

See ye! :help2:
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 08:38:40 PM

This is even worse than those mercenaries Crabbe and Keith leaving for that lot - for a number of reasons, they had no idea livi was a basket case. Livi were something new, Livi had never been admin and these guys weren’t Falkirk Fans.

I think this is madness on Sibbald’s part, they won’t play to his strengths, they have a history of fly-by-nightery and a much smaller club than us - this spits in face of every Falkirk Fan.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 08:47:24 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 08:38:40 PM
This is even worse than those mercenaries Crabbe and Keith leaving for that lot - for a number of reasons, they had no idea livi was a basket case. Livi were something new, Livi had never been admin and these guys weren’t Falkirk Fans.

I think this is madness on Sibbald’s part, they won’t play to his strengths, they have a history of fly-by-nightery and a much smaller club than us - this spits in face of every Falkirk Fan.
Size of club, crowds, past financial misdemeanours, is utterly irrelevant. They're a Premier League club. That's the status that really counts in the minds of players. Shame those who purport to run our club cannot grasp that.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 08:59:32 PM

Crazy decision. I realise their a top flight club but pish crowds and punt it up the park football is hardly enticing . He's obviously lost the plot.

NUMBER 7
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by NUMBER 7 » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 09:50:25 PM

Firstly the lad owes us nothing, we have had decent service from him, he’s never going to be a world beater, but in the right team and role could give more on a more regular basis. Livingston just isn’t the right move for him. Last summer he messed about looking for a move finally signed but didn’t start until we were deep in a hole. What happened to the 2nd year option we had to keep him for next season ? This needs answering. Personally I think he’s lost the plot, surely he could have got a move to Motherwell St Johnstone Dundee or the likes, but Livingston is just laughable.

Honest Al
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Honest Al » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 10:08:00 PM

A strange move for a ball playing midfielder, devoid of pace.......given recent reports of Sibbs’ efforts to ‘bulk up’ and add some strength to his physique, he may have picked the correct assistant manager to provide that little bit extra.....

Am I right, Duncan?

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 10:08:13 PM

The complete #headsgone by some folk, on P&B/COYB is laughable.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 10:52:43 PM

I've said elsewhere I'm disappointed that he's gone to Livvy of all teams but deep down I'm not really that disappointed he's gone at all.

I also don't have much time for the "he's one of our own" chat - he made it abundantly obvious last closed season that he wanted away and prior to that would have gone earlier had the offers materialised.

It's a harsh view but that he has the experience he's got at such a young age because know one else in Scotland or England thought he was worth a fee. It certainly wasn't out of tremendous loyalty to Falkirk if we're honest.

Good luck to him but we move on.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 11:32:09 PM

I really don’t get this at all. Yes he wants to test himself in the Premiership however the Championship is as good a place as any to prove your worth and get a move to a bigger club.

The problem about Sibbald is that he hasn’t convinced anyone that he’s good enough to join a bigger club at this moment in time. He’s put some great performances in for us in the past but let’s be honest he’s got away with some very poor ones and looking disinterested at times exactly because he’s ‘one of our own’. Well, he no longer has that protection now and will suddenly be playing up against better opposition in a team that will have very little possession and will give him much less leeway when it comes to bad performances.

Having said that, this could be the making of him but if there is a great change in him then it will be down to hard work that he never put in at Falkirk and that’ll be a bit disappointing.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 11:53:33 PM

In a footballing world where stats are almost everything, look at our last signing the reserve coach/performance analyst clubs look at number of sprints, distance run, assists etc...

If you look at the last few seasons on TM

Sibbald
2017/18 - Played 26 - Scored 4 - Assists 6
2016/17 - Played 36 - Scored 10 - Assists - 2
2015/16 - Played 36 - Scored 4 - Assists -5

If you look at similar type players last season

Kallum Higginbotham - Played 32 - Scored 10 - assists 7
Billy King-----------------Played 35 - Scored 4 - -assists 8
Gary Harkins ------------Played 34 - Scored 8--- assists 4

As you can see he hasn't put up the numbers to match journeymen players, with this and lack of physical attributes, no wonder no one went for him. I'm shocked he went to Livi. Looking at the stats he should able to be replaced with a any sort of decent recruitment strategy.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 12:17:52 AM

I cant understand why the club didnt just tell his agent we were invoking the option and that was that. Thete shouldnt have been any need for negotiations as that was done last summer when he signed the contract with the option. We really shouldve held all the aces here and yet weve still managed to lose a decent player for hee haw. Typical bloody falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 03:12:05 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 30th 2018f May 2018 11:53:33 PM
In a footballing world where stats are almost everything, look at our last signing the reserve coach/performance analyst clubs look at number of sprints, distance run, assists etc...

If you look at the last few seasons on TM

Sibbald
2017/18 - Played 26 - Scored 4 - Assists 6
2016/17 - Played 36 - Scored 10 - Assists - 2
2015/16 - Played 36 - Scored 4 - Assists -5

If you look at similar type players last season

Kallum Higginbotham - Played 32 - Scored 10 - assists 7
Billy King-----------------Played 35 - Scored 4 - -assists 8
Gary Harkins ------------Played 34 - Scored 8--- assists 4

As you can see he hasn't put up the numbers to match journeymen players, with this and lack of physical attributes, no wonder no one went for him. I'm shocked he went to Livi. Looking at the stats he should able to be replaced with a any sort of decent recruitment strategy.
Hippolyte actually had a better hit ratio than Sibbald the last 2 years of his Falkirk career and didn't leave with too much furore. He also hasn't done much since leaving us and unless Sibbald buckles down I can't see him doing too much either.

It's ashame as he had the chance to be a real hero for us and bar some encouraging performances it never quite happened that way. I think that's what hurts the most is that we all wanted him to do so well being a local lad and saw a glimpse of greatness in him at a young age that really failed to materialise in influencing matches the way we would have hoped.

I do have some sympathy in that he was often lauded as the brightest spark of our youth academy and so must have been frustrating to see others go on to bigger and better things however I often got the feeling his heart wasn't in it the same way as Alston, Kingsley, McGrandles, Wallace and Fulton. Maybe he thought he was better than he is or maybe we thought he was better than he is. Either way it's a sad conclusion to the end of his time at Falkirk for now anyway. Honestly though Livingston.... :bang:

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 02:31:19 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 12:17:52 AM
I cant understand why the club didnt just tell his agent we were invoking the option and that was that. There shouldnt have been any need for negotiations as that was done last summer when he signed the contract with the option. We really should`ve held all the aces here and yet we`ve still managed to lose a decent player for hee haw. Typical bloody falkirk
maybe we missed the deadline to invoke the "option" :roll:

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Romaines of the Day » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 03:23:38 PM

I'm wondering if Livingston decided to sign him before Hopkin left, and if Sibbald now wonders what his game time will be?

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 04:23:19 PM

You never know, it might actually benefit him as their style might become less, ahem, "enthusiastic" and involve passing the ball to each other a bit more.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 05:12:27 PM

Ranaldo Bairn wrote:
Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 04:23:19 PM
You never know, it might actually benefit him as their style might become less, ahem, "enthusiastic" and involve passing the ball to each other a bit more.
:lol:
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 05:54:22 PM

It’s occurred to me that possibly, just possibly Falkirk did not force the matter with the option for a further year. I get the impression Hartley wasn’t too bothered either way, although you don’t get that from his comments but he is just being respectful to a good servant of the club. Maybe Hartley wasn’t too forthcoming and Sibs decided at that point he’d be better off elsewhere.

In any case, he clearly didn’t want to play for us last season but the serious lack of offers forced his hand. I saw him out in Falkirk getting pissed a lot and as a footballer that shouldn’t be a big part of your life, especially if you have potential like he did. It’s no wonder he is slow...

Good luck to the lad but I’m not in the slightest bit disappointed he’s away, I think we can get someone who is just as creative and a bit more aggressive. I actually feel sorry for him a bit, feeling like his only option was that mob.

Tom
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by Tom » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 06:11:20 PM

probably went to livi as they were the only team to come for him, good luck to the lad as I always liked him,just can,t see
him competing in midfield against the Scott Browns and John McGinns of this world,plus he will be lucky to see the ball
the way they hump it up the park. went for nominal fee,how much ? probably chicken feed.
Hopefully we will passing him at the end of next season.

TheBoysDoneGood
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by TheBoysDoneGood » Thursday 31st 2018f May 2018 10:06:30 PM

If I was a professional footballer there are a few things as a Falkirk fan that I would never do. One of them is sign for Toni Macaroni FC.

It's true he'd stagnated quite some time ago and needed change, way before now. But to move where he has is just to basically give up.

Scottish football is an absolute backwater, you only have one life, might as well expand your horizons and try to progress as a footballer. Offer yourself on trial to teams in the German third tier or something a bit different. Surely someone somewhere would want to take a chance on him.

To decide signing for Livi is going to be your best bet even before we're into June.......that's some sad sh1t.