Hello Dave! It's season ticket time.

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Hello Dave! It's season ticket time.

Post by Kiddy » Friday 18th 2018f May 2018 07:27:34 PM

Somebody must be pulling my chain that the new sponsor has decided to name the South Stand after Papa Lazarou! :shock: :joker:
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Re: Hello Dave! It's season ticket time.

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 07:58:13 PM

Reckon we’ll have a good take up this year.
Lots more to come and still no failed Scottish crap.
Maybe the newbies will be rotten but, at least, it’s interesting.
What’s not to like.
Can’t wait to renew and for the new season to start.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:03:09 PM

Whats not to like?
How about Aaron Muirhead, Loy and Harris still at club?
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:28:02 PM

Yeah, but apart from those three things, what’s not to like?

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:35:45 PM

The signings are at least "new faces" and not the usual dross Houston got from the fire sales in Edinburgh. I would be optimistic were it not for the new deals offered to some of the players already at the club. I have seen comments that Muirhead and Kidd will only be back-ups etc., but don't believe that will be the case, as Muirhead was made Captain by Hartley. Thats a real worry for me. I cannot bring myself to get a season ticket if I have to watch another season of Aaron Muirhead playing every week. Think I will go cycling instead.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 07:33:08 AM

John Markie wrote:
Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:35:45 PM
The signings are at least "new faces" and not the usual dross Houston got from the fire sales in Edinburgh. I would be optimistic were it not for the new deals offered to some of the players already at the club. I have seen comments that Muirhead and Kidd will only be back-ups etc., but don't believe that will be the case, as Muirhead was made Captain by Hartley. Thats a real worry for me. I cannot bring myself to get a season ticket if I have to watch another season of Aaron Muirhead playing every week. Think I will go cycling instead.
All about opinions but Muirhead did well at CH when Hartley moved him there. I am personally happy enough he has signed.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 08:29:03 AM

Back Post Misses wrote:
Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 07:33:08 AM
John Markie wrote:
Saturday 19th 2018f May 2018 09:35:45 PM
All about opinions but Muirhead did well at CH when Hartley moved him there. I am personally happy enough he has signed.
The criticism of Muirhead is way over the top. He will be fine for next season.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 10:19:43 AM

We all see a different player in Muirhead. I see a guy who is a firefighter. He will dive in with the last second tackles and blocks. Some see this as a super committed leader.
For me, if you wind the clock back a few seconds before his last ditch tackles and blocks, you see a guy who often causes the problem in the first place by being poor at reading both the game or doing anything constructive with the ball (even when he has loads of time to do it).
I don’t question his commitment or his ability to score penalties with some ease.
My concerns for him as a player won’t be a defining factor in supporting or not supporting the team. At Championship level, every team is going to have strengths and weaknesses.
We just have to hope that our (on the park) strengths lie elsewhere, and if Muirhead is our weakest point in the team, we should be ok.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 02nd 2018f June 2018 09:58:26 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Sunday 20th 2018f May 2018 10:19:43 AM
We all see a different player in Muirhead. I see a guy who is a firefighter. He will dive in with the last second tackles and blocks. Some see this as a super committed leader.
For me, if you wind the clock back a few seconds before his last ditch tackles and blocks, you see a guy who often causes the problem in the first place by being poor at reading both the game or doing anything constructive with the ball (even when he has loads of time to do it).
I don’t question his commitment or his ability to score penalties with some ease.
My concerns for him as a player won’t be a defining factor in supporting or not supporting the team. At Championship level, every team is going to have strengths and weaknesses.
We just have to hope that our (on the park) strengths lie elsewhere, and if Muirhead is our weakest point in the team, we should be ok.
Nail on head. The reason he has to make those tackles is either terrible positioning, him giving the ball away in the first place or simply luck being in wrong place at right time. He wins zero headers, so as cb he is useless. He cannot pass the ball to a team mate. He loses his man at set pieces/corners ALL THE TIME - and then blames other team mates near him (thats his worst point actually, as he takes no personal responsibility for being so fcukin useless). Season after season its been the same and the fact he looks like being regular, or worse captain again, means I will keep my money in my pouch.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 05th 2018f June 2018 10:16:41 PM

Struggling to be excited about the new season, if you can print out your own tickets or use a QR code from your phone, I might not bother. The only reason I buy a season ticket at the moment, as I cannot be arsed queuing up twice to get in the ground.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.