Club Statement

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Club Statement

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 04:23:30 PM

I think the “Club Statement” will be judged very soon. I don’t think a big percentage of the support are in the mood to await mid to long term developments. The other thread entitled The Clear Out will be judge and jury on whether or not the Club Statement has real intent or just more waffle.

Rightly or wrongly, most supporters expect to see payback for what has just happened, and they want to see it in a purge of who they see as responsible....and for now, it’s the majority of the current squad minus the weel kent half a dozen or so.

If there isn’t seen to be a major clear out, then the Club Statement is off to a bit of a difficult start in life.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 04th 2018f September 2018 02:12:11 PM

Well this thread makes for an interesting read now. Fair play to Olaf. He got this one spot on.
Interestingly, his main target (CC) is still very much in post. He must be a very proficient upward manager.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 05th 2018f September 2018 05:15:39 AM

Yeh fair play to Olaf. He saw right through that management talk.

Just shows how in football all that matters are first team results. If you don’t get them then most other things are inconsequential.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 17th 2018f September 2018 11:37:58 AM

Since taking over as CEO we have won 23, lost 23 and drawn 12, this record gets worse if you only include league games.
3 managers, 2 distinct strategies and we sit bottom the league, the worst full time team in the land despite being the top 10 best supported teams in the country.

I actually hope he doesn't go, so he can get the mother of all roastings at the AGM.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 20th 2018f September 2018 07:32:33 AM

Well it appears Campbell is gone or going, as the CEO statement has been usurped by an address from the Chair last night.

A lot of where we are now, not a lot of how will we fix this, seem to be pinning a lot of faith on a first half against Ayr and Ray McKinnon being better at getting a performance out this group.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 20th 2018f September 2018 07:47:06 AM

Early days yet with McKinnon but there is certainly an improvement. He's no miracle worker and this certainly is not the best group of players he's worked with. The issue is we badly need a win for the players' confidence. The longer that goes on, the more worrying it gets. CEO has to go. As said previously, execution of what sounded like a good plan has been awful.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 20th 2018f September 2018 01:51:49 PM

Thing is, can he improve them enough? He might be able to stop them getting trashed all over the pitch every week. One goal defeats are actually an improvement. Can he organise them to actually not lose every game, and then he can he take them on to start winning games? With the squad as it stands today, he probably has half a championship level side.

If he can get the contracted players to agree it, he will need around half a dozen to go in January, and probably the same again in the summer. No easy task.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 20th 2018f September 2018 08:30:04 PM

We have maybe 2 players who are good enough for this league - Robson and McKee. Maybe a couple of half decent makeweights that we can use as emergency cover on the playing staff. The problem is at the top - irrespective of its good intentions. These people sanctioned these moves, they approached Hartley (remember he didnt apply for job), they allowed the "Brentford model" and approved the scouting set up/personnel. This could have worked had the right people been in place - i.e. the scout and manager had to select the very best and not the utter sh1t we subsequently acquired. Unfortunately the people who okayed all this must carry the can, and make not only management changes, but changes to budget and playing staff to get us out of where we are. They have been in charge of our decline over the last 10 years and they must go if they cannot deliver success. Blaming others is no use - they ultimately made the decisions and chose the management team so they should pay the penalty of the failure THEY CREATED by their own poor decision making. All the statements and excuses by the chair don't matter a flying feck if we have a squad so bereft of talent that they wouldn't get a game for Camelon Juniors.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Friday 21st 2018f September 2018 05:06:03 PM

Well said Mr Markie