season ticket sales 2018/19

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

season ticket sales 2018/19

Post by chippo1876 » Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 08:57:46 AM

having been a season ticket holder for more than 30 out of the 40 odd years of watching the bairns i'm at present trying to justify my reasons for renewing it next season, didn't make the game against the pars due to illness i could probably have gone at a push but i just didn't have the enthusiasm to make the effort much like a lot of our players at present. i think at present it's going to take a hell of a close season to persuade me to part with my hard earned cash up front in June. i'm also still undecided on hartley and the first 2 months of next season will be a massive indicator as to what lies ahead...........watching soccer Saturday or going to watch the bairns that's my quandary............... thoughts ??

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: season ticket sales 2018/19

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 04:32:41 PM

I agree, I cannot believe i cannot find something better to do with my Saturdays.

The club don't give a toss about season ticket holders, I keep having to shift folk out my seat. Free tickets available for at least 3 games a season. Home games called off and rescheduled for midweek where I struggle to make it. Be better off without one. when you see "Heroes" last week trying to sell tickets they got for free for a tenner. it really sticks in my throat.

A few signings and a couple of months without Football and I'll probably end up renewing - but as it stands I just want this season over.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 07:25:31 PM

Definitely not renewing Not convinced in Hartley and even less convinced on Campbell and Lang. The question iswhether to attend next season full stop with the way I feel right now. No doubt the new season comes and I will relent right enough.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 08:13:00 PM

Of course you’ll all renew.
Being a Falkirk fan isn’t a matter of choice
FFC is our local team and you have to support them through thick and thin.
There have been a lot worse times than this.
We can all recall serious bad times.
Can I suggest Tommy Younger, Sammy Kean, John Prentice, Billy Clark?, John Lambie, Eamonn Bannon.
I’m sure somebody will come up with some worse Managers.
Half the fun in football supporting is going through the bad times and hoping for better times to come which invariably come about.
Stop all this nonsense and start to look ahead to next year.
It’s far too early to judge Hartley. Give him a chance.

NUMBER 7
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by NUMBER 7 » Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 10:28:30 PM

At the moment I'd settle for getting 8th place done and dusted in the next three games before we play Dumbarton, however Inverness Dundee United and St Mirren away doesn't make me think there will be any wins, 2/9 is best I can see us getting. I think the Dumbarton game will still be meaningful

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 10th 2018f April 2018 01:52:16 AM

Agree with Dixie. There has been worse. Now if Hartley had only won two games since January, then yes, we would be looking at a catastrophic season, but it hadn’t panned out this way.
We are still in a bad way, and arguably, still have three or four of the season’s toughest fixtures still to play, but we have been worse than this.
I had dismissed the threat of Dumbarton resurrecting their season, but they still have a lot of work to do if they want to catch us.
My biggest concern is the Dundee United game. Despite Falkirk being the side that holed their season below the waterline in the 6-1 game, I have absolutely zero confidence that we will go up there and come back with so much as one measly point.
Hopefully, they can prove me wrong. Avoiding defeat in our next two games would be a big statement. Defeat in both, and we just might be heading back into a bit of trouble.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Tuesday 10th 2018f April 2018 12:23:23 PM

I didn't renew last year as i was fed up with Houstons brand of football however I think i'll renew next season, although as olaf has mentioned I was able to attend a number of games using free nil nil or discounted tickets or even using friends or family seasons, but I think i'll go for it next year. Having a year off has certainly helped in terms of actually having a desire to go to the games again, but at the same time picking and choosing games has been nice especially with the weather being so poor.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 10th 2018f April 2018 01:12:31 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Monday 09th 2018f April 2018 08:13:00 PM
Of course you’ll all renew.
Being a Falkirk fan isn’t a matter of choice
FFC is our local team and you have to support them through thick and thin.
There have been a lot worse times than this.
We can all recall serious bad times.
Can I suggest Tommy Younger, Sammy Kean, John Prentice, Billy Clark?, John Lambie, Eamonn Bannon.
I’m sure somebody will come up with some worse Managers.
Half the fun in football supporting is going through the bad times and hoping for better times to come which invariably come about.
Stop all this nonsense and start to look ahead to next year.
It’s far too early to judge Hartley. Give him a chance.
Probably Dave Clarke you meant - yes he was poor. I remember he sold Brian Martin, who was our player of the year that season, to our closest rivals in the league at the time - Accies - for something like £20k. Martin went on to play for Scotland. I liked Eddie May as a player, but he must go down as one of the worst managerial appointments. I'm prepared to give Hartley to October, then if as I suspect we are no better, see if McIntyre and Dodds are still available.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Tuesday 10th 2018f April 2018 01:45:09 PM

Certainly wouldnt be getting rid of him at the moment but we do seem to have gone backwards over the past few weeks. His continual chopping and changing of a team that was for the most part doing okay has undoubtedly been the main cause of this. The likes of Taiwo has been dropped after one bad game against Sevco . Tumilty who I'm not a great fans of has also been benched when at least he improves the balance of the side if nothing more.He's also binned the likes of Hippo, craigen and Miller and left us with O'hara who has never scored a league goal and the hopeless Harris as our main options from the bench. even accounting for this lack of options Loy seems stuck to playing with the u20's and getting paid a fortune for doing it.
When we beat United 6-1 our midfield was robson Sibbald Kidd Taiwo and Tumilty. On Saturday only two of those players started. Hartley so far has just about got pass marks but I'm not entirely convinced . This close season is going to be very interesting and extremely important.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 28th 2018f April 2018 09:36:11 PM

He must make clinical cuts and ensure the right players leave. No sentiment can be shown, and how the players performed this season must also determine whether they stay or not. Defensively we have been a shambles. None of the 3 centre backs are good enough and must be replaced. Midfield needs a ball winner and evil bampot and we are desperate for a decent proven striker or two. Not easy to achieve, but it seems Hartley is confident he has identified the players he wants. Its all down to who he has to keep and how many on contracts he can get out the door. If we still have Muirhead, Loy and Harris at the start of next season we won't progress much.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 09:28:12 AM

They will be good if fans deem the signings are good. They won’t if they don’t.

Marketing slogans won’t wash.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 09:48:21 AM

Biggest concern is that Hartley will wield the knife and given some of his signings and team selections we are left with the worst of the players we have and bring in a few more diddies to join them. He must get the majority of his signings right and that will determine whether he’s still our manager come Xmas. No matter the signings I won’t renew but will likely still be there most weeks.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 12:59:24 PM

He got most right in January

Longridge
Nelson
Robson
Jak
Hazard
Blair

All contributed to dramatically better results since Christmas

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 01:28:37 PM

Not for me jak and possibly Robson aside I wouldn’t have any of them in a first XI capable of winning this league. If your point is he was signing players to finish 8th then you do have a point however. I would though take issue with Hazard as he has been a complete waste of a wage and Blair hasn’t had many minutes

So if Hartley recognises the majority of these players aren’t good enough to win the league and signs a better standard of player I’ll be more than happy. If he doesn’t then we have an issue.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 04:10:31 PM

Ricey wrote:
Sunday 29th 2018f April 2018 01:28:37 PM
Not for me jak and possibly Robson aside I wouldn’t have any of them in a first XI capable of winning this league. If your point is he was signing players to finish 8th then you do have a point however. I would though take issue with Hazard as he has been a complete waste of a wage and Blair hasn’t had many minutes

So if Hartley recognises the majority of these players aren’t good enough to win the league and signs a better standard of player I’ll be more than happy. If he doesn’t then we have an issue.
Who said these were the players to win the league?

Hartley clearly states at the AGM he was getting players in to ensure we didn’t get relegated. He succeeded in that.

Part two of his job is to bring in players to win the league.

So from that point of view he has achieved that and the players recruited were good enough for the task in hand.