QotS v Falkirk

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

QotS v Falkirk

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:03:43 PM

Probably the game that defines whether we have a chance of competing for 6th or maybe even 5th If DU keep on imploding. Lose this, and I think we will be settling for 7th or 8th. Win it, and I would fully expect us to put QotS off the rails, and we would stand a great chance of catching them.
We have got as tough a run in as anyone, but nerves are going to be jangling for every single one of our opponents other than St Mirren. Pressure might start to tell, and hopefully we will be the beneficiaries.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Re: QotS v Falkirk

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:15:37 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:03:43 PM
Probably the game that defines whether we have a chance of competing for 6th or maybe even 5th If DU keep on imploding. Lose this, and I think we will be settling for 7th or 8th. Win it, and I would fully expect us to put QotS off the rails, and we would stand a great chance of catching them.
We have got as tough a run in as anyone, but nerves are going to be jangling for every single one of our opponents other than St Mirren. Pressure might start to tell, and hopefully we will be the beneficiaries.
why can't we do better? in the past 6 games alone we've caught up 8 points on Morton and United, 7 on queens and 3 on the pars. okay we've more away games less than home but we are top of the firm league table over that period. win our next two games against queens and pars and it's absolutely game on for the play offs.

st mirren will have the league tied up by the time we play them twice and dobbie might be out for Tuesday. Morton's run in looks tough and their form is poor.

we need to get results next two games but I continue to remain optimistic
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:22:48 PM

I note that Dobbie wasn’t playing today.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:28:08 PM

He's been out injured since they lost to DU at home a month or so ago.

He's still touch and go for Tuesday. Hopefully he'll miss out.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 08:58:16 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:15:37 PM
Duncan Freemason wrote:
Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 07:03:43 PM
why can't we do better? in the past 6 games alone we've caught up 8 points on Morton and United, 7 on queens and 3 on the pars. okay we've more away games less than home but we are top of the firm league table over that period. win our next two games against queens and pars and it's absolutely game on for the play offs.

st mirren will have the league tied up by the time we play them twice and dobbie might be out for Tuesday. Morton's run in looks tough and their form is poor.

we need to get results next two games but I continue to remain optimistic
I’m not disagreeing with you, but first, we need to win on Tuesday. If that happens, then the focus is 5th/6th. Even if we were to win all our remaining games, I don’t think the play offs are in our own hands. We would still need others to drop a lot of points. It might just happen though. Win our next two, and momentum is a wonderful thing.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 09:34:36 PM

I just can't see past 5 away games in the final 7. It's a very tall order to get the 15 or 16 points or so we'd need to be in with a chance of pulling off the unlikeliest of league finishes. So I agree that Tuesday's match will be important. Win and 6th+ final position beckons. Lose and it's anyone's guess.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 10:03:33 PM

We need another 6 points to be completely safe imo. We will get nothing down there.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 01st 2018f April 2018 05:40:19 PM

John Markie wrote:
Saturday 31st 2018f March 2018 10:03:33 PM
We need another 6 points to be completely safe imo. We will get nothing down there.
why? they've only won 1 of their last 8 home games, apparently dobbie isn't fit and they've been shipping goals every game.

we've only lost 3 of our last 8 away games, only let in 2 goals in the last 6 matches and have a dangerous strike force in jakubiak Nelson longridge and Sibbald.

not sure why you are so negative.

also in terms of needing another 6 points why? Dumbarton effectively need another 11 points from 7 games to catch us. every game left is against a team above them in the league and they've only picked up 15 points from the 25 non Brechin games. their form would need to more than double and that s assuming we pick up 0 points from our last 21.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 01st 2018f April 2018 09:10:51 PM

The Dumbarton threat is gone now. In any case, even if the unthinkable happened and we finished 9th, we have way too much firepower over two games to fall to any of the League 1 sides.
The “need” for six points in the next two games is to climb upwards. Going down is no longer a realistic outcome.

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by kent brockman » Tuesday 03rd 2018f April 2018 09:28:09 PM

FT QOS 2-2 Falkirk.
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by billybairn » Tuesday 03rd 2018f April 2018 09:42:25 PM

What a shambles of a second half (apart from Longridge's goal).

If that's all we are capable of, then they can all f*ck off in the summer, including master tactician Hartley!

So angry at the team even after a 2-2 draw at Palmerston. That game was there for the taking. Passing in the 2nd half was woeful. Why do Grant and Muirhead punt the long balls, when it's clear we have nothing in the air up front?? Comedy football leading up to their second goal! Lack of challenges, lack of chase, mis-placed passes WTF did Hartley say to them at half time!?!?!

Did I mention I was angry??? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Tuesday 03rd 2018f April 2018 09:44:03 PM

another game unbeaten but not great results otherwise for us tonight.

not at game but interested to see thoughts of those that were. longridge and Harris not given long but combine to get us equaliser

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Tuesday 03rd 2018f April 2018 11:27:41 PM

Watched on ftv. Started brighly and on the front foot then went into comfort mode after we scored. 2nd half was abysmal and lost two poor goals from corners. Produced one bit of quality in that second half and thankfully longridge scored. The whole midfield plus grant were just terrible with nelson and jakubiak feeding off scraps. Overall really poor stuff from a team that looked clueless.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Tuesday 03rd 2018f April 2018 11:37:51 PM

Also notable that we only named six substitutes. Don't like seeing that and sad that there is not one young player deemed worthy of a place on the bench for a fairly meaningless game. Loy and O'Hara played for the under-20s last night but did not even make the bench on Saturday or tonight, both clearly finished at Falkirk but what a massive disappointment and drain on resources Loy has proven to be.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 04th 2018f April 2018 01:35:38 AM

....and we drop back into 8th. We are in a wee dogfight now with ICT for 7th and 8th spots. Dunfermline at home then four straight away games means they will be favourites to stay above us.
No doubt there will still be a few who think 4th is achievable, and point to the form book to back it up, but that’s only two thirds of the story. Results are what historically matter, but performances (and standard of opposition) are also decent pointers to what is going to happen, and while our form in the last 6/8 league games is good, a couple of the wins have been against Brechin, and the actual performances against QotS, Brechin away and Dumbarton have been far from great.
It’s impossible to predict, but performances don’t point towards a miraculous charge up into the top four. It’s now a tough ask to get to anything above 7th, and to do it, our form and performances away from home are going to have to change out of all recognition.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 04th 2018f April 2018 07:18:59 AM

What is it with us and awful second half performances. Happening on a weekly basis just now. Surely better to have ohara or loy on the bench than only 6 subs. Loy on a grand a week to play in the u20s is a joke.

NUMBER 7
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by NUMBER 7 » Wednesday 04th 2018f April 2018 04:51:50 PM

The corner that led to their first goal would have been a goal kick to us if the keeper didn't fumble it out for a corner when it was simple to hold. His distribution is also brutal and i don't care what age he may be.

Their second goal comes off a corner conceded from being 40 yards up the park and Robson trying to smack the ball off the QofS player instead of getting between their man and the ball and playing it down field or out for a throw in at worst.

These two should get there arse booted for these mistakes. There after the defending of the corners were a joke with Blair and Grant being at fault with them.

Cant wait till this season is finished.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 04th 2018f April 2018 08:49:42 PM

I think we are the only FT side that QotS have beaten at home this season, and they came precious close to repeating it last night.
Things have gone pretty quiet on the “we can make the top four” proclamations now, and form book or not, performances said that was pie in the sky stuff.
I haven’t seen every game this season (not even close), but of the ones I have seen, we have been convincing winners once against DU (obviously), once against Morton, and once against ICT. I have excluded Brechin any of this, but if you feel so inclined, we have looked sure things in two of those games. Everything else where we won were close affairs.
Hartley has done the needful, but I can’t believe he will put faith in too many of the current squad.
Muirhead now seems to be gathering a bit of cult support. I would never criticise the guy for commitment, professionalism or penalty taking, but defensively, the guy is grim. If those that back him are right, and he’s not the problem, Hazard isn’t the problem, McGhee isn’t the problem, Kidd in midfield isn’t the problem, Sibbs and Taiwo ain’t the problem, Robson’s not the problem, Longridge isn’t the problem, Jak isn’t the problem, and Nelson isn’t the problem, then we are left with what? Blame it all on Peter Grant and the players on the bench?

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Thursday 05th 2018f April 2018 07:30:59 AM

Got to admit I'm a little surprised too with the softening of opinions on Muirhead. We need better than him to get out of this league and he has to be moved on.

If Loy and Harris (McKee too?) stick to their guns then Hartley's squad building for next season will be crippled somewhat largely leaving him needing to move on and replace those currently featuring regularly in the first team.

Looks like Taiwo will be gone (Blair has shown us all clearly what is lacking in Taiwo's game) but we really need to get shot of Muirhead and possibly Grant. I'd be happy with Robson sticking around personally. Not made my mind up on Tumilty.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 05th 2018f April 2018 10:30:52 AM

Heard a rumour that Muirhead is going to Carlisle next year.