Bairns v Franchise FC

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Bairns v Franchise FC

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 12th 2018f March 2018 05:45:17 PM

So, here we go again. Us against HMP Select.
Fair play to Hopkin. They guy has taken an absolute rabble of a club, and given them a football team the town doesn’t deserve. It’s near enough a racing certainty that another financial meltdown is just around the next Livingston roundabout, but until then, we need to find a way to conjur up a league result against them.
The pressure of the bad play offs in now receding, but hopefully that doesn’t lead to a drop in our own performances back to October 2017 standards.

They are on a roll, no doubt about it, and will probably see us as soft cannon fodder. Can Hartley give us 90 minutes like the first 45 on Saturday? Here’s hoping.

Won’t be there as I have a long standing agreement with myself not to give them a single penny ever again. Hopefully those that do attend finally see us put in a performance against them.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Bairns v Franchise FC

Post by Kiddy » Monday 12th 2018f March 2018 09:27:34 PM

Will have to win the battle before imposing a style of play. Easier said than done against a team that's pulling in the same direction, with a lot of spirit.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 12th 2018f March 2018 11:46:54 PM

You’re dead right. A battle would suit them just fine. We don’t have the physicality in our side to win a midfield battle, but I tell you what, with the right through balls, Nelson and the Yak have enough about them to give their time served centre backs a tough time.
The big difference is they have two or three players looking for upwards moves rather than new Livingston contracts, whereas we have a good few who know their time might well be up, and any move won’t be upwards.
If nothing else, we need eleven guys on the park with a bit of pride in their own performance. Don’t know if we have eleven of those.
Lee Miller will of course, be well up for it. Hardie is their other main threat, but goals or not, I reckon Nelson still has more about him, and in the next year, I reckon our guy will prove himself to be the better player (the Yak is already better than Hardie).
We absolutely need performances from Longridge and Sibbs (who will be targeted for a bit of the rough stuff, make no mistake). If those two are on song, then we might be capable of giving them a game. If not, then they will just bully us all over park all over again.
We can win this, provided we carry no passengers.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 08:09:22 AM

Has to be same starting 11 as last Saturday. I genuinely think Blair brought something to the side that Taiwo has been lacking. It'll do us no good just sitting deep trying to ropeadope this lot.

I said this before the last time we played this lot - keep the ball on the deck and with short pass and moves and we'll do well. If Muirhead and Grant start playing hoofball then the game is as good as over.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Warren Jeff
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Warren Jeff » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 10:53:58 AM

Think we'll have a good chance of beating them providing we keep the ball on the deck instead of getting sucked into a physical battle. Realistically I'd be happy with 3 points from the next 2 away games. Unlikely the surface will suit a passing game and theres still a few question marks over us putting in consistently good performances

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 11:23:07 AM

Tide turning on Taiwo? Think 99% of us love his “heart on his sleeve” approach, and there’s been real fear of a doing when he’s been out of the side.
Is it just horses for courses where his sort of full blooded approach wasn’t needed against Morton, or is there a sense that as Hartley changes things, Taiwo’s style might no longer be the first name on the team sheet?

Is playing him against the franchise gang just playing into their hands? Given that Hopkins has built his side around physicality and long ball, is there a better way to go about beating them than trying to stop their physicality with the one player we have capable of matching them in that department?
I guess we disposed of Morton more easily than Franchise did last time out, so maybe Saturday’s starting eleven is the best answer we have at the moment.
Nelson hat trick please.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 02:30:37 PM

Good that we all noticed that we chose to hump long balls in the last home game against them, which was totally useless. It will be very tough and I think the best we will get will be a draw. If anyone thinks we have any chance of making the ''good'' play-offs, we really need to win just about every match from now on, which I think is beyond us.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 02:49:03 PM

Cup game apart, then a draw would have to be considered a decent result on the basis of previous league meetings this season. We have improved, but sadly, their gang mentality sees their confidence sky high, so they have undoubtedly improved too.
Hopefully we have had all the pain that Franchise can hand out this season, and the demise of Brechin (and possibly Dumbarton) to be replaced by Raith and Ayr will see a stronger league next season.
Hopefully they become our bitches next season when their Rev 6 financial Ponzi scheme goes tits up.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 04:21:22 PM

Its all well and good talking about short passes but their pitch is horrible and makes that type of game tricky.

I'd swap Taiwo or Kidd for Longridge for this game. I think a midfield 3 of Taiwo/Kidd, Blair and Sibbald is quite balanced.

We'll do well to get a draw, but I hope we skelp this mob.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 05:34:29 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 13th 2018f March 2018 04:21:22 PM
Its all well and good talking about short passes but their pitch is horrible and makes that type of game tricky.

I'd swap Taiwo or Kidd for Longridge for this game. I think a midfield 3 of Taiwo/Kidd, Blair and Sibbald is quite balanced.

We'll do well to get a draw, but I hope we skelp this mob.
I guess you are correct about the pitch - I haven't been there for a few years to be honest. We certainly struggled in the air against them at TFS recently and they also outmuscled us. Going to be difficult.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 14th 2018f March 2018 12:00:46 PM

I'd consider playing mcghee in the middle of the park for this one to give us a bit more physicality in there. They outmuscled us in the last game.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Wednesday 14th 2018f March 2018 02:19:23 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Wednesday 14th 2018f March 2018 12:00:46 PM
I'd consider playing mcghee in the middle of the park for this one to give us a bit more physicality in there. They outmuscled us in the last game.
good idea

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 14th 2018f March 2018 02:26:12 PM

I would think it’s fair to say that they’ve out muscled every team in this league this season, and that includes the games they have lost and drawn.
Hopkin has coupled that to a long ball game that has been hugely effective for them, and in Hardie, they have undoubtedly found the right sort of high energy player to accompany Lee Miller’s ability to put central defenders through the wringer.
All down to the Yak, Longridge and Nelson getting the right kind of service to undo Lithgow and Gallagher. Those two like an aerial scrap, but on the deck, they are as bad as we are at the back.
One thing is for sure.....neither the Yak or Nelson will be bullied out of it. If our midfield can handle what the franchise hand out, we can definitely beat them.
Of course, a couple of no shows, and we will get beaten again.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 17th 2018f March 2018 08:11:22 PM

Game was as grim as the weather. Difficult to give pass marks to anyone, perhaps Grant and Muirhead who did some decent defending and stood up late on after Miller came on and a s***e Livingston team belatedly decided to have a bit of a go. Absolutely non-existant middle to front, I can only think of one shot from Jakubiak. Toothless does not even begin to describe it.

The ridiculous imbalance in our squad was never more obvious than today. We had a whole raft of mediocre, meh midfielders in the shape of Kidd, Welsh, McKee, Taiwo on the bench, and absolutely zero creativity, pace, width or goal threat. Longridge was brutal today, and is another player I would be thanking for his efforts and moving on in the summer, but when the only remotely attack-minded option is O'Hara, who tries but simply is not good enough, what's the point? Confirmation, were any needed, that to have any hope of even challenging for promotion next season, it won't be with this group, maybe 2 or 3 players excepted. I only hope Hartley has the bottle to make big decisions that his lazy predecessor clearly lacked.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 17th 2018f March 2018 11:05:30 PM

Oh well, I had hoped that those who handed over to Korrupt FM would at least get a performance or even a win for their pound notes. Seems it was never even on the cards today.
Hopefully all the “outside chance of a top 4 finish” can end now, and Hartley manages to keep the heads focused on getting up this table (a wee bit).
If nothing else, a performance against the 0p in the pounders is an absolute minimum expectation now. 6th is still a realistic target, and after what has gone before, those that were at the club pre-January (and still getting a game) need to grasp that they are playing for their pro futures....probably not with us, but anywhere.
Any of them that down tools from here on in would deserve their careers to end here and now.

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by kent brockman » Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 10:35:45 AM

One of the worst games I have seen in a long time with players on both sides lacking the basic ability to cross a ball.... even from a corner kick.

A very poor advert for Scottish Football
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 10:59:10 AM

Thankfully, I stayed away from this match as I can no longer stand extreme cold but,listening to the FTV commentary, it sounded grim.
At this level of football, the skills level is indeed very limited!!

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 12:41:07 PM

A poor performance against a physical Livi side who created several decent chances that they failed to take. We could have played all day and wouldn’t have looked like scoring. Hard to think of many positives but lots to moan about. Longridge early doors tried to be over elaborate right in front of the Falkirk fans, failed twice and then hid for the rest of the match. Sibbald did his best but was unable to get control of the midfield. Tommy Robson is not nearly the attacking player who joined us and Tumilty is simply not good enough.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 02:41:41 PM

Everything just keeps rolling back to what Hartley manages to do in the summer. Everyone has to be a bit nervous if that ends up as one or two minor adjustments, as we need a real root and branch overhaul.
The sour taste of a horrible season just keeps lingering on, and I guess that’s no surprise given Hartley’s limited time in being able to change things around.

While not there yesterday, it seems to have been a replay of other encounters against them this season. They are physical, and we don’t have the players to best them in a scrap. They really don’t have any great contribution to make in terms of football, but most of the time, nor do we (although on the rare occasions that we do, it’s better than most).

I would be amazed if they got out of the league with the team they have. I actually suspect they won’t win the Championship element of the play offs.

As for us......please Mr Hartley, do a proper job in the summer. There’s got to be at least half a dozen new faces in our first team.

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 08:22:05 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Sunday 18th 2018f March 2018 02:41:41 PM
Everything just keeps rolling back to what Hartley manages to do in the summer. Everyone has to be a bit nervous if that ends up as one or two minor adjustments, as we need a real root and branch overhaul.
The sour taste of a horrible season just keeps lingering on, and I guess that’s no surprise given Hartley’s limited time in being able to change things around.

While not there yesterday, it seems to have been a replay of other encounters against them this season. They are physical, and we don’t have the players to best them in a scrap. They really don’t have any great contribution to make in terms of football, but most of the time, nor do we (although on the rare occasions that we do, it’s better than most).

I would be amazed if they got out of the league with the team they have. I actually suspect they won’t win the Championship element of the play offs.

As for us......please Mr Hartley, do a proper job in the summer. There’s got to be at least half a dozen new faces in our first team.
Patience is the key this time. Will be glad to see the back of this season. At the same time we need to see how our new recruitment structure performs for the summer. Our new recruitment director, based in England, was said to be ‘working immediately on summer signings’ as soon as the January window closed. We shall see what the cat drags in for us.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"