falkirk v rangers

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: falkirk v rangers

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 10:07:56 PM

Hopeless!

Losing a goal a minute after equalising sums up these gutless, brainless bunch.

If you took the best attributes of all our midfielders and put them into one player he’d still be an average midfielder! We are so bad in that area, I’d be tempted to try Alex Jac in there, he has strength, power and decent control.

Bank the cash, ditch the 18out of contract players- sign 11 players from England all 6ft plus athletes.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 08:07:48 AM

Not that I would wish for our man to be sent off but can someone explain to me how a referee would award a yellow card after seeing what Muirhead did? Put aside how OTT the reaction was and all that for a moment and f*ck me, I'd have been raging had it been the other way around.

Anyway, we received the pumping I expected though scoring came as a surprise. Sadly Taiwo and Sibbald had off days - Taiwo in particular was horrendous. Was happy with Thomson and McGhee and thought Robson and Jak put in decent shifts but the rest just weren't at the races against tough competitions.

A frustrating day - the timing of the 2nd and 3rd goals killed everything off. Letting them score 28 seconds after we equalised is about as poor as it gets. Such a pity we are having a season to forget - that Rangers side would have struggled against any side we could have produced in the past 10+ years. Anyway, take the money and hopefully some of it can be used for the second round of the clearout that''s required in Summer.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 10:20:12 AM

We had half chances and did well to score but the defending was criminal. As noted countless times we have zero quality at centre-half and both got found out. Muirhead may try hard but I’m afraid his race is run with us and has to be moved on - he’s not a full back, wing back, midfielder or centre half!
  • Recorded their 1st home league win of 2017/2018 campaign on 30th December 2017

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 01:42:52 PM

The bit that worries me is this. If yesterday was the clarion call that defined a clear out is needed, then there weren’t that many on the park who pre-date Hartley.
If you go on the basis that what he has brought in is (more or less) what he wants to keep, then there isn’t that much scope for culling what we would believe to be our best starting eleven.
If we leave out McGhee, Taiwo and Sibbald as the untouchables along with Yak, Nelson and Robson, then we need to come to some sort of consensus on the rest.

Muirhead divided opinion, but surely it’s clear enough that the guy is nowhere near the required standard. Grant is the enigma, and not so long ago was easily one of our best, but since his major injury, the guy simply hasn’t cut it. Obviously Loy is the other significant player that needs to go.
If we got rid of Harris, Muirhead, Loy and Grant, does that give Hartley enough scope to turn a pig’s ear into a silk purse?
I have my doubts.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 04:18:02 PM

Just watched back the highlights. The first question was what the heck was Taiwo doing for the first goal!? He played Cummings onside then just left him all the time and space in a dangerous area to have a shot or pick a pass. He wasn't doing anything worthwhile. If there was a player free in the middle then he has to narrow down the angle and cut out the cross. Absolutely hopeless!

It's pretty obvious the Muirhead celebration killed them for the 2nd goal. It was another baffling decision to sprint 50 yards up the pitch when you're lucky to have not just been sent off and have scored a total calamity of a goal. How that guy is captain is beyond me. He done ok for us for a couple of seasons but he definitely has to be moved on and the sooner the better IMO.

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 05:06:07 PM

Muirhead is a loose cannon and should have been sent off before he got in the way of Sibbald`s shot and deflected it into the net.

He gave away the second goal by failing to cut out a cross and then proceeded to score an own goal.

Captain Calamity indeed.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 05:24:30 PM

Sibbald was piss poor . For a guy that wants to make it in the game these are the stages he needs to perform on. You've got the chance to impress people and yet like the playoffs last season he was shoot. He'll never get a move to a big club if he doesnt start to show up in these games. Could be a bonus for us mind you.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 07:21:55 PM

I think you just have to look at what we considered the “real prospects” that have left us in the recent past, and you can see Scotty Arfield is the only one to really make the grade.
All of the others have found a role in the English Championship at best, or in most cases, further down, or back up the road to play for a middling Scottish club.
Sibbs is by our standards, a very decent player indeed, and in flashes (but never consistently) has that wee bit of magic about him. Ultimately though, he isn’t an athlete,has precious little pace, and he doesn’t possess enough of that stardust to mark him out as someone even an Aberdeen or Hearts might entertain.
It would be good to see him make it big, but reality must surely be beginning to bite, and that says it ain’t going to happen. He is no longer even a standout in the Championship, and playing in a bad Falkirk side or not, he plays in a role where it’s still possible for him to shine. Right now, he wouldn’t make the Championship Team of the Season either on the park, or on the bench. Sad but true.
Thing is, we don’t need any truly special players. We need a bunch of guys that will operate as a team.....a better versIon of Livingston if you will, but without the convicted thugs, sex offenders and drug dealers.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 09:09:24 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 01:42:52 PM
The bit that worries me is this. If yesterday was the clarion call that defined a clear out is needed, then there weren’t that many on the park who pre-date Hartley.
If you go on the basis that what he has brought in is (more or less) what he wants to keep, then there isn’t that much scope for culling what we would believe to be our best starting eleven.
If we leave out McGhee, Taiwo and Sibbald as the untouchables along with Yak, Nelson and Robson, then we need to come to some sort of consensus on the rest.

Muirhead divided opinion, but surely it’s clear enough that the guy is nowhere near the required standard. Grant is the enigma, and not so long ago was easily one of our best, but since his major injury, the guy simply hasn’t cut it. Obviously Loy is the other significant player that needs to go.
If we got rid of Harris, Muirhead, Loy and Grant, does that give Hartley enough scope to turn a pig’s ear into a silk purse?
I have my doubts.
Is Nelson an untouchable? He's a grafter and puts himself about, but I'm not sure there is much quality there and his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Whilst he's not a screamingly obvious Get Rid in the the vein of the likes of Thomson, Watson or Welsh, he isn't someone I'd lose any sleep about leaving. Much like Grant, Kidd, Longridge. I'm pretty ambivalent towards all of them. If we are aiming to do anything next season, we should be prioritising quality over quantity, which means most of aforementioned will be on their way. I have my doubts though.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 06th 2018f March 2018 12:00:01 AM

Agree that Nelson might not be untouchable, but he is a Hartley player, and one I suspect he might be keen to keep. I suppose he is kind of caught in that John Baird place where he works hard but with not a lot of end product.
Thing is, he kind of leaves me with the feeling that a bit of maturity, a bit of the right kind of coaching/leadership, and things just might click for him.
Even on the grafting front, he’s miles ahead of a good few others at the club. I kind of live in hope that scoring a goal or three just might be the catalyst the lad needs. It’s how he gets to that point that’s still the big missing.
For now, he would be nowhere near the top of my “get rid” list.

Flash
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Flash » Tuesday 06th 2018f March 2018 05:19:48 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Monday 05th 2018f March 2018 07:21:55 PM
I think you just have to look at what we considered the “real prospects” that have left us in the recent past, and you can see Scotty Arfield is the only one to really make the grade.
All of the others have found a role in the English Championship at best, or in most cases, further down, or back up the road to play for a middling Scottish club.
Sibbs is by our standards, a very decent player indeed, and in flashes (but never consistently) has that wee bit of magic about him. Ultimately though, he isn’t an athlete,has precious little pace, and he doesn’t possess enough of that stardust to mark him out as someone even an Aberdeen or Hearts might entertain.
It would be good to see him make it big, but reality must surely be beginning to bite, and that says it ain’t going to happen. He is no longer even a standout in the Championship, and playing in a bad Falkirk side or not, he plays in a role where it’s still possible for him to shine. Right now, he wouldn’t make the Championship Team of the Season either on the park, or on the bench. Sad but true.
Thing is, we don’t need any truly special players. We need a bunch of guys that will operate as a team.....a better versIon of Livingston if you will, but without the convicted thugs, sex offenders and drug dealers.
The best summing up yet.