falkirk v rangers

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
pasy bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

falkirk v rangers

Post by pasy bairn » Wednesday 28th 2018f February 2018 04:58:04 PM

as much as i dont hold out much hope of a victory on sunday a couple of factors do possibly provide a wee glimmer of hope. firstly there is every chance of scoring against them as rangers dont seem to have a water tight defense and secondly they may make changes, sensing an easy game, to rest players for their "big" game the week after. from what i can see the changes although strong in comparison with our squad do seem to have had an impact on their current form to a degree. can only hope they make a few changes and our players raise their game for this. maybe even all the talk of a title challenge from them and a cup victory will place pressure on them from their fans and with the expectation levels generated the longer it takes to break us down then it could have an adverse effect on them.......head says we lose 4.1, heart goes for a 2.1 win

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: falkirk v rangers

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 28th 2018f February 2018 07:45:30 PM

It's "The Rangers" :x

We have next to no chance, they might be poorish at the back but its all relative, we are utter dross in defence and the midfield doesn't have the strength or power to out battle them in the middle of the park, we're going to get over run.

However, we had so much bad luck last week, you'd think we'd get some this week. When we've got a result at Ibrox in the past its been breakaways and hanging on for grim death, can this lot do that? - I hope to be proved otherwise but I fear a skelping.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Wednesday 28th 2018f February 2018 09:36:08 PM

sorry I think rangers will win this by 3 or more.

I obviously hope I'm wrong as now our season hangs on this game given we're a decent bit above Dumbarton and too far behind Morton so mediocrity beckons rest of season if we lose

they are in decent form and confident so probably the worst time to get them in over 5 years since they hit the pan. that in addition to the fact I can't see us getting any 50/50 decisions from the ref

longridge is key if he turns up he could cause them problems
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Wednesday 28th 2018f February 2018 10:28:02 PM

The Rangers P-P Falkirk is our best hope of avoiding a doing.

Just don't see our defence or midfield being able to stop them breaking through. Cummings hasn't done much there so far but he loves a goal against Falkirk and you can guarantee he'll get a couple on Sunday. Anything within a 3-goal margin defeat would be pretty decent.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 01st 2018f March 2018 07:23:05 AM

Best attack in the Premiership versus second worst defence in the Championship points to one outcome.
Now these things aren’t decided on a slide scale of best and worst, and while the result might be near enough certain, the manner and extent of it clearly isn’t.
I will be amazed if we do anything other than lose the game, but their eyes will be very much on the following Sunday, and their season defining OF game......win that, and a hungry Sevco will be in the hunt against a somewhat self satisfied and complacent Celtic. That’s where Sevco’s concentration truly lies.
However, they really only need to apply the hammer effectively for 45 minutes, and we will be dead in the water.
Yes, we can (and probably will) score against them. Trouble is, they are far more likely to score against us.
Hope springs eternal, and for me, if we were to get a draw, then that would be a bit special, but if they turn up focused on this, then a minimum of a two goal defeat is the most likely outcome.
It’s hard to envisage a realistic game plan that
a)sees us beating them, or
b) a referee and establishment that will allow us to beat them.
They all want one more OF TV sales bonanza, and a Scottish Cup Final is their one chance of getting it.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Thursday 01st 2018f March 2018 02:09:51 PM

I've seen 3 of our last 5 games and to be honest I don't see much improvement from Houston's days, though I know I missed the good wins at home v Dundee Utd and away to Morton so my view is probably not as balanced as most on this Forum. The goalkeeping situation is no nearer to being solved though Hazard hasn't had time yet. Central defence is shocking and Rangers will destroy it. Midfield depends on Sibbald and Taiwo. Forward line is inconsistent - depends on who is on form on the day.

I would go for 4-0 for the home side. My day out will be enjoyable until around the 9th minute.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Friday 02nd 2018f March 2018 09:45:31 PM

Big loss expected. I reckon they could easily take 6 or 7 off us, as the midfield and defence are rank rotten, and they have a decent attack. Just a distraction anyway, as we have no chance of going further in cup anyway.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 08:49:22 AM

I dont think we will do too badly TBH, we are hardly playing Barcelona FFS.

Win no, draw no but I think we will give them problems.

As usual with these games the first 20 minutes are probably the key.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 01:22:04 PM

Had it been any other Falkirk side of the past decade or so I'd say we would have had a decent chance for an upset but our current bunch of pufters are likely to get utterly horsed of The Huns. If that lot have done their homework and press our backline aggressively then I can see us losing by a 3+ goal margin
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Tom
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by Tom » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 07:11:15 PM

We all know we're in for a real humping tomorrow,let's just take our percentage of the gate money +sky money and move on.
This is the best draw we could have got.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 08:17:00 PM

Having watched the Morton game today, I thought they did ok, contained Celtic well until half time, and still ended up conceding 3 goals for the first time since league business got underway.
It clearly showed that even controlling these guys for the first 45 minutes isn’t much of a guide to the second 45.
I think Sevco will approach this in entirely the opposite way. I fully expect them to try and batter us from the first whistle. Their management will know well enough how rank our defence is, and will look to put the game to bed by half time, and then cruise through the second half. This certainly won’t be cat and mouse, and if they have their way, it’ll be school bully versus Walter the Softie, and we will be two or three down before half time. Getting through that first 45 unscathed will be a far tougher prospect than what Morton endured today.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 09:19:23 PM

If we got a performance like this despite the defeat then I’d be happy.

https://youtu.be/_IwjQ5Mqiuk

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 10:20:58 PM

Dade wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 09:19:23 PM

Was this the game Crunchie put Amoruso on his arse without touching the ball?! Couldnt find it with a quick scan. Would've been in the second half. Can't believe that big ITalian prick got MotM!
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 12:44:45 AM

Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 10:20:58 PM
Dade wrote:

Was this the game Crunchie put Amoruso on his arse without touching the ball?! Couldnt find it with a quick scan. Would've been in the second half. Can't believe that big ITalian prick got MotM!
Yeh same game. Check it at 59:30 mark during the match. Loved watching Crunchie! Always had you on the edge of the seat anytime he had the ball at his feet. Great player.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 10:41:13 AM

Dade wrote:
Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 12:44:45 AM
Sir Jones wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f March 2018 10:20:58 PM
Dade wrote:

Yeh same game. Check it at 59:30 mark during the match. Loved watching Crunchie! Always had you on the edge of the seat anytime he had the ball at his feet. Great player.
Ha! There it is - cheers. Crunchie was superb that day. If only he was born 15 or 20 years later - a shoe in with the current Scotland squad!

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 12:21:49 PM

Kept out of the Scotland set up by Pat Nevin and Eamon Bloody Bannon. Fair enough with Nevin.....I could see him and Crunchie jockeying 50/50 for the Scotland gig, but Bannon.....aye, a so-so Dundee United player in ahead of a first team regular for Chelsea. It was all at the back end of the “should we play Anglos in the Scottish team” argument. Oh the luxury!
Could we muster a team of Scots plying their trade in the English top flight? Not a chance.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 07:54:04 PM

That was grim.
Should have been a lot worse.
If we’re going for promotion next season most of that lot will need to go.
Only one worth keeping is McGhee.
Anyway, let’s bank the cheque and start planning for next year.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 07:55:02 PM

As expected. Sadly, the one man Falkirk nemesis Cummings does the needful all on his ownsome.

Game dead and buried at half time, and we complied by giving them their “Rangers 4” scoreline. Oh well, we didn’t do any better than Hamilton or St Johnstone, and I guess we could have grabbed a second, but equally, on another day, we could easily have shipped half a dozen goals (and a seven or eight could easily have happened today).
We take the money and move on knowing we are nowhere near capable of taking on the current incarnation of Sevco. Back to the business that really matters.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 08:06:02 PM

Couple performances stood out for me. One was the GK with exception of the 1st goal. 2nd was McGhee who did an excellent job. By far our best player today. We tried to have a go at them and for that I’m pleased.

As for Muirhead, should’ve been sent off for the ball flick. Idiot! Then for 2nd goal I’ve seen milk turn quicker and the 3rd if he adjusted his body and swung a left leg at it, it would never have resulted in a goal. He is tragic and has to go. By far the weakest link of our regular starters.

A nice pay day for us and back to league action for us.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 04th 2018f March 2018 08:39:46 PM

As expected really. They never had to get out of second gear and, with better finishing, would have racked up a few more. We were happy to play the compliant lambs to the slaughter at Ibrox role pretty much to perfection and ended up getting off relatively lightly.

Muirhead is a complete idiot and should have been sent off for giving Bates a dull one in the first half. The fact that he is captain shows how much of a rabble we currently are, as does the sight of Shitebag Harris making it onto the park for the final 20 minutes. The poverty of the squad is there for all to see.

Take the cash, move on, accumulate enough points to finish above the mighty Dumbarton and then advise the vast majority of them that they will need to seek employment elsewhere. I struggle to think of one player I would be remotely sorry to see the back of, perhaps the Jak, who ploughed a lone furrow up front today with barely a modicum of support from any one else.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF