revised season expectations ??

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Re: revised season expectations ??

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Tuesday 13th 2018f February 2018 12:09:20 PM

If you're going to go out (which every team, possibly excepting Morton, would have done to us) then you may as well get a big cheque to ease the pain.

As long as we don't get done for 6 or 7.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 13th 2018f February 2018 10:55:04 PM

It’s interesting. Despite being little more than Championship bridesmaids (or more often) also rans for the best part of a decade, this is the first time where I have felt it near enough pointless looking for any possibility whereby we can get through this game with either a win or even forcing a replay.
With our current crop of defenders, and more importantly, the way they have failed miserably to get through a game without gifting chances/giving away stupid goals regardless of the opposition, then it’s just about impossible to come up with a plausible scenario that doesn’t involve us getting a bit of a going over.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 14th 2018f February 2018 12:12:23 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Tuesday 13th 2018f February 2018 10:55:04 PM
It’s interesting. Despite being little more than Championship bridesmaids (or more often) also rans for the best part of a decade, this is the first time where I have felt it near enough pointless looking for any possibility whereby we can get through this game with either a win or even forcing a replay.
With our current crop of defenders, and more importantly, the way they have failed miserably to get through a game without gifting chances/giving away stupid goals regardless of the opposition, then it’s just about impossible to come up with a plausible scenario that doesn’t involve us getting a bit of a going over.
As dixie says there are zero expectations on us. I reckon we'll do quite well but just fall short, 3 one defeat. If it wasnt morton then this is probably the best draw for us.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 14th 2018f February 2018 04:38:54 PM

Yeah, expect to be comprehensively beaten all over the park with the exception of up front where we might be able to grab a goal or two, but feeling that even if we scored a couple of goals, we’ll concede more than that.
I would class the current Sevco as an aggressive and physical side that can rush and bully just about everyone on their day. Under that sort of intimidation, our midfield and defence does tend to wilt a bit.
It might well be one of those days when we start to play once the game is lost.
Low expectations, and probably just thankful for a reasonable pay day.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 15th 2018f February 2018 02:30:52 PM

Having a scan over our remaining fixtures, I reckon we will end the season in the 43 to 46 points band. There’s fixtures against St Mirren that I have written off completely, but there’s a game against the Fifers that I actually think we will win.
Franchise F.C. will probably do us again this season, then find themselves in the financial grubber again in the summer. Already 1.5 million in the hole with that debt supposed to have been converted to stock (which apparently hasn’t gone to plan) which will catch up with them again.
It’s the QotS, Morton and Dumbarton games where we really need to earn our points (as well as Brechin obviously).
I would think DUFC will be motivated enough to gain some sort of revenge for the 6-1 mauling, so I am not really expecting too much from there.
Any more than 46 points, and I reckon we are climbing a couple of places.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Friday 16th 2018f February 2018 08:59:42 PM

Survival then a clear out
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by Quidsin » Friday 16th 2018f February 2018 09:28:19 PM

With so many 6 month contracts in the squad I can see the majority, rightly or wrongly, leaving for pastures new. The proper rebuilding will happen in summer. 8th placed survival it is and a massive drop in league prize money. Lean times ahead.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"