v Brechin Tuesday night

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

v Brechin Tuesday night

Post by John Markie » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 09:38:16 PM

If Hartley has any sense at all he will make more than a few changes for this, especially after today's debacle.

---------------------------------------Hazard----------------------------------
Tumilty----------------Watson---------------McGhee--------------Robson
---------------McKee-----------Taiwo---------Sibbald----------------------
-----------------Longridge------Jakubiak------Nelson---------------------

Its Brechin we are playing, so lets go for their throat from the ko.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: v Brechin Tuesday night

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 11:27:35 PM

One thing about this team, you don’t know what your going to get. This is must win for me.

But it would be typical Falkirk to give Brechin their first win, you just know it.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 04th 2018f February 2018 04:07:26 AM

for this game that's pretty much the side is go with alba altho would debate the centre slot between Watson Grant and Muirhead and pick one of them
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 05th 2018f February 2018 12:30:33 PM

Can the loan goalie play in Cup games? As there is no point dropping Thomson for 1 game, then to play on Saturday.

I think we'll see a couple of changes at least, probably Blair for Kidd and hopefully Jak for Longridge,
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 05th 2018f February 2018 03:08:22 PM

Confidence is such a fragile beastie, and that will be ours shot to pieces again (team and supporters).
We’ve been in this league for the best part of a decade, and still haven’t ever looked like topping it. A couple of “nearly” years, but other than that, just muddling along.
So, Brechin it is. I guess the outcome has to be a straight forward home win, as anything else is too ridiculous to contemplate.
Don’t know if players are now playing for their futures, or if Hartley has already made his mind up. Who knows, maybe making Muirhead captain is a way of keeping the guy onside until the end of the season.
Seeing Falkirk win games this season is a rarity, so hopefully the Brechin game adds to that small group of wins. Thing is, we could potentially win this game seven or eight nil, and we could also lose two nil. I doubt that there’s another team in the league capable of that sort of wild inconsistency.

billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by billybairn » Tuesday 06th 2018f February 2018 09:42:03 PM

Half Time 2-0 up, The Yak and Loy scoring.

Looking comfortable.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Tuesday 06th 2018f February 2018 11:42:01 PM

played well enough first half and at a decent tempo however second half we were dire.

impressed by jakubiak speed strength directness and the fact he looks to go forwards at all costs. Houston type tippy happy stuff creeping back in tonight so jakubiak wadcrefreshing in amongst it.

goalie looked okay however didn't have much to do no real chance with the goal.

after watching Livingston dive shirt tug timewaste on Saturday credit to Brechin that they at least try to play football.

that s 16 points from the last 24 which is decent but watching us twice in 4 days and I've been less than impressed still a long way to get us where we need up be.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 06th 2018f February 2018 11:54:22 PM

Well I’m worried, we’ll beat no other team in the league playing the way we did in the 2nd half. We were awful.

I think they were scared of a tonking and then noticed we aren’t any good and just relaxed and decided to play us.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 06th 2018f February 2018 11:55:51 PM

Pretty pitiful against a dreadful Brechin side. It was comfortable, but for a while after they got their goal we once again looked very fragile at the back. Longridge settled things with a nice solo effort and got to praise the tenacity of Jakubiak for his goal and link up play, along with Loy's contribution which was better than expected. Probably our best players on the night were the goal scorers and Sibbs in midfield, with the others very ordinary indeed. For brief spells we looked like we could rip them apart, but inevitably we throttled the pace back and ended up making nice patterns without really causing them much trouble. They certainly grew into the game second half as we eased off and it was really only Longridges individual drive that settled us down with that great third goal. That defence though is still woeful and will ensure we don't make any play offs at the top end of the league.

Ratings

Hazard 5/10. never really troubled, although a couple of times looked a wee bit hesitant at free kicks. Distribution decent.

Tumilty 6/10. Got forward often enough, but never really seemed to have much help out wide. Did well enough against pretty awful opponent.
Muirhead 4/10. Hopeless. Once again did the standing still with arm raised for offside, allowing the forward clear run in on goal. Far from his worst performance, just useless as usual. Having said that made a few passes that reached a team mate, so not quite as sh1t as normal.
Watson 5/10. Did very little wrong defensively, but almost as guilty of playing nothing balls forward as Grant. Neither good nor bad, just average.
McGhee 6/10. Best defender again and tried to step up into midfield on occasion. Holds onto the ball too long though and often gets himself well out of position.
Robson 6/10. He's gone off the boil a wee bit these last couple of games. probably up against Brechins best player and never really gave him a sniff. A wee bit hesitant going forward. Disappointing when I expect more from him.

McKee 5/10. Put himself about and always available to take the ball, but did not really produce anything game changing. A bit Mark Kerr-ish.
Longridge 7/10. He too often took the wrong option, misplaced his pass, etc. But he was one of the only players who actually drove at and took on his opponent often enough. Great solo goal.
Sibbald 6/10. Not as influential as he normally is, but still faultless as far as effort and control goes. Nothing really came off for him tonight.

Jakubiak 8/10. My MotM. Terrific effort, control and partnership with Loy showed great promise. Always made himself available and nice to get another goal although difficult to see what happened from where we were.
Loy 7/10. Quite impressed with him tonight, as he's been dire in every game until now. Decent intelligence and unlucky with some of his wee flicks. He even sprinted a few times! Great finish for his goal too.

Subs
Blair 4/10. Disappointing and his first instinct seemed to be pass the ball backwards.
Taiwo 4/10. Did nothing of any note during his 12 minutes. Misplaced a pass too, so not exactly firing on all cylinders
O'Hara 5/10. Six minutes of running and unlucky to not get on the end of a couple of through balls.

Expected more attacking line up against an awful Brechin side. Way too defensive orientated mentality from manager, but I guess thats because of the paucity of decent defenders, so he just throws extra defensive players in to plug the gaps. Fine against a half decent side, but that was Brechin FFS! Could have played the youth team and stood a good chance of winning.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 12:26:38 AM

Don't want to be negative after a win but that was brutal. Some decent individual performances but collectively felt we were poor with no real idea of how to play, we should really be going all out to take a team like that to the cleaners. Major annoyance for me was mckee constantly passing it backwards or sideways.

A good three points but a very underwhelming performance

Roll on saturday for a good old fashioned scottish cup away day.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 12:48:45 AM

Another poor performance against even poorer opposition. We just aren’t clicking. If only we could fast forward to next season.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 07:28:51 AM

At times struggling to see who were the FT team.
Fairly lucky to be 1 up, our defensive frailties on show with BC hitting the post, we somehow conjured a 2nd before HT.
The second 45 was instantly forgettable, as we fannied about, to the point of looking like conceding a 2nd goal. Only Longridge's goal lifting the gloom in a simple move.
Anyone wondering how Sibbald is still with us, got their answer in his 70 mins last night. Another game where he should be running the show & he was completely anonymous.
Should they play like that on Sat, they will toil.
3 points, & move on.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 02:03:16 PM

Pretty turgid stuff yet again. I guess we got the win, and at the turn of the year, even that would have been doubtful.
Absolutely no doubt that Hartley is going to have to take a wrecking ball to this squad in the summer.
There’s probably three or four that are worthy of building a new team around.
Amazing just how nervous we look at the back.....no composure in there at all. We need a modern day Den Biemen to come in and organise that defence, but someone like that will take a bit of finding.
Wouldn’t mind seeing a six footer in that midfield to take the pressure off TT.
Just need to keep on picking up points, and getting ourselves away from the bottom play off spot.
Got to admit it’s the Dumbarton game that really worries me. We have had quite a soft squad for a good few years, and Dumbarton haven’t been too shy at taking points off us. Win the Brechin and Dumbarton games, and the team might start to relax into a few decent performances, but somehow, I am not convinced we will pick up six points.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 03:39:38 PM

I made a similar point on pie and bovril on paper our next 3 fixtures look easy however

cove haven't lost in a year and are at home in what could be poor conditions
in our previous 2 games at home to Dumbarton we have only scored 2 goals in total and won neither of the games

hopefully we have a bit more firepower since then and 3 wins are entirely possible however I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if we drop points. the Dumbarton one in particular is a real 6 pointer. win and we create some real space

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Wednesday 07th 2018f February 2018 03:40:33 PM

previous two games at home to Dumbarton and away to Brechin that should have been