Falkirk v Livi - League Duty

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Falkirk v Livi - League Duty

Post by billybairn » Wednesday 31st 2018f January 2018 11:25:07 AM

Fed up hearing about the academy and transfers! How about some football chat again?

Same lineup as last Saturday (barring injuries) I would expect. Unless Hazard is brought in, although Thomson has aquitted himself well over the last few games.

Livi to thug their way through the game, surprised they have turned into a team of hammer throwers lately. We can cope with their rough tactics and claim all three points!

Onwards and upwards!

COYB!!!

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Re: Falkirk v Livi - League Duty

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 31st 2018f January 2018 12:43:27 PM

Thomson wasnt bad on Saturday but he was awful at Livie. Their a big physical side so I'd get Hazard in their straightaway.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Wednesday 31st 2018f January 2018 02:23:01 PM

Keep the same side. Thomo does not deserve to get dropped, and there could be a bit of confidence between the defence and Thomson developing as he was coming for crossess (and claiming them) on Saturday.
No need to change anything. We know what we will be facing, and if we man up to them, our new football style will take care of the rest.
Another victory would see us edge closer to the main pack, and from there we can pick them off, one at a time, Seb Coe style.
Here comes the doom.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Falkirk v Livi - League Dut

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 31st 2018f January 2018 02:44:35 PM

Wasn’t at the last game due to my one man crusade of never giving that mob a penny of my money ever again. A friend of mine was at the game very much as a neutral, and he came up with an interesting take on our opponents.
He reckons (as we all do) that they are hoof it up the park merchants, but he described them as “a total gang, just out there to have a boot at anything that moves. Zero football, 100% intimidation”.
As mentioned above, we are capable of a much better standard of football, and if we leave them to do the kicking, we have every chance of beating them again.
This would be a really great three points to capture, and would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons in the top four as this mob battle with the Fifers for the administrators bragging rights.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Wednesday 31st 2018f January 2018 03:16:40 PM

another difficult one I put livvi up there with st mirren and Inverness as the 3 toughest teams to beat. however we've beaten Inverness and livvi in the past week or so so nothing to fear.

every game is must win now to get us away from Dumbarton (who've made a couple of decent signings and might improve) and catch up on the play off pack. only 16 games to go and were about 13 adrift. if we win this then we've a great chance of picking up 9 from the next 9 we play and that should put the heat on those above with one round of fixtures to go.

id keep same side including Thomson who did well v Inverness. we have good options off the bench if we need to change it and up tempo second half. my biggest fear is we lose heads and get caught up in a tussle with a red card costing us. aero take note! they will be happy with a draw and a shitfest tussle. hope we score first so no gamesmanship and maintain our patience and discipline. I'd love to beat this mob
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 01st 2018f February 2018 03:55:49 PM

I would go as far as saying that if we win this, they will go on the slide, and not make the top four.
They seem to be deeply in love with Lee Miller, so it’ll be interesting to see him and Hardie as their front two. Doubtless the big fellah will be trying like a bear.
Play at our best though, and we will win the game.
They are physically big and intimidating, but they are also slow and cumbersome. They will want a scrap, and we need to avoid that at all costs.
Sibbs is probably the key, and I reckon they will be out to nail him from minute one.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Thursday 01st 2018f February 2018 04:16:52 PM

thinking the same hardie and Miller could be worth watching. as you say Miller will be right up for this and hardie when in the mood is a very good player. keep it on the deck move it fast keep our discipline and I'm optimistic
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 01st 2018f February 2018 10:03:13 PM

If we keep the ball on the ground and play football we will win. Resort to lumping it about like they do and it will be too close to call. They are big strong dirty fcukers in the main, and we will have to be up for it right from the get go. I would love to see us start with 3 forwards in Longridge, Nelson and Jakubiak - that would scare the sh1t outta them. Just don't see how he could do that with the current formation, unless Sibbs plays deeper and Longridge replaces Kidd. Doubt that will happen, but I don't like this 5-3-2 when Tumilty and Robson don't get forward enough, as we often end up outnumbered in midfield with our three wee guys in there against 4 big hammer throwers like Longridge and co.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Friday 02nd 2018f February 2018 08:27:05 AM

Yep, got to agree with that. Play it on the deck and around them then we should get all 3 points from this one. A tough game and one we def need Taiwo in the middle of the park for.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 02nd 2018f February 2018 03:07:35 PM

I hate this mob, hope we go for their throats and get the fans up for it from the first whistle.Enough with the Houston cagey pish, get right at them!
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Friday 02nd 2018f February 2018 04:37:56 PM

Difficult opposition who always make it difficult for us. As others have said getting the ball on the deck is key. Tommy Robson will again be very important as he offers us our only width. Be good to see Nelson follow up with another goal and get his confidence rising

billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by billybairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 06:04:25 PM

WTF was that??

We seem to have regressed to being crap again. Second to every ball, so, so many mispllaced passes!! Why, oh why did the defence lump the ball upfield, only for their defence to lap it up and put us under pressure again. Their second came from just such a clearance. God only knows what happened with the free kick that they scored from.

Jacubiak's goal was well taken, but Longridge and Nelson both missed sitters.

Did we suffer due to their physicality, or were we just s***e?

One step forward, two steps back.

Must beat Brechin convincingly on Tuesday to bring back any confidence. Dumbarton now three points behind, but with a game in hand. Wasted a great chance to pull away from them!

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 06:15:45 PM

Poor performance and still remain far from convinced by many of Hartleys signings and his apparent hoof ball tactics which I used to criticise his predecessor for.

Any very slim playoff spot hopes were pretty much extinguished today

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 06:38:37 PM

Hartley must shoulder some blame today. that was like a Houston set up gave them way too much respect. after 5 minutes we could all see we were no threat and Nelson was way too isolated and 45 mins and not o e shot on target proved that. then to start the second half without jakubiak was criminal. 2-0 down he comes on we play better and give them something to think about.

what did we learn?

hazard needs a chance to start
loy is still not good enough
jakubiak needs to start
we need two strikers
taiwo kidd and sibbs are too small and slow to dominate a team like livvi

if we win the next 3 we should be okay but massive step back again today.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 07:02:19 PM

First game for me since the Challenge Cup debacle in Inverness, and... we were just as bad.

My man at the DU and ICT home games tells me we were miles better in them but jeezo that was torture today.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 07:38:19 PM

Well WTF happened there. From starting too look promising for a couple of weeks it was a big step back. As mentioned we knew what this mob are all about, big hammer throwers with limited skill but have a game plan that they work to.
Nelson on his own up front against that defence was strange as they just took it in turns to take the ball off him. Midfield lost the battles in there.
Defence all over the place, keeper jittery. Collective team mis-passing of the ball during the whole match
Changes to be made on Tuesday I hope. Will be interesting too hear PH view of things on FTV ( if they ask him questions )

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 07:57:08 PM

Men vs Boys

We are too weak all over the pitch, Taiwo has fight, but only when compared to the rest of our squad, we need a Will Vaulks in the middle, if we cannot find a similar player, then sign two brutes who can run all day.

Longridge is poor, there is a reason he left Hamilton he’s not good enough, he can have the odd great game, but it’s use having a 9 out of 10 game every month but 4 out 10 the rest of the time. We need solid reliable players.

Jacubiak had to play today, Hartley must have known today’s game would be physical. He’s not a big lad, but he’s powerful he’s kind of like Wayne Rooney as a youngster.

Finally, are our players thick? They must know Muirhead and Grant cannot pass, so why give them the ball? They know they’ll hoof it - therefore why don’t the midfielders or wing backs give us a better chance and make a forward pass instead of them.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 08:05:45 PM

By my reckoning Big Pete had the ball more than any other player today - and Lavvy just let him have it as they knew he would not be threatening with it.
In fairness there was bugger all to aim for apart from LL as Nelson never kicked the ball all day (he was diabolical let's be honest) and we sat too deep looking petrified until we scored and they decided to sit in, meaning we could get up the park and look more threatening.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 08:10:23 PM

Jesus Aitch Christ, we all knew what today’s opponents are all about. Have a scrap, get possession, play for touch.
So what did Hartley do? He played 100% right into their hands. We abandoned football, and tried to compete with them on kick and rush terms, and we got exactly what we deserved.
Clearly Hartley didn’t get every base covered in the January window, and the priority in the summer has to be to get some steel into the side. No more wee guys please. They are great when they possess the skills to play around big ugly mugs like Livingston’s, but when they get drawn into matching their hoof ball with even more hoof ball, then unfortunately, the anti-football team will win out.
Today’s mess clearly shows that we are a long way off being where we need to be.
Teams like that shouldn’t be coming to our gaff and winning. Not ever.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 08:44:09 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Saturday 03rd 2018f February 2018 08:10:23 PM
Jesus Aitch Christ, we all knew what today’s opponents are all about. Have a scrap, get possession, play for touch.
So what did Hartley do? He played 100% right into their hands. We abandoned football, and tried to compete with them on kick and rush terms, and we got exactly what we deserved.
Clearly Hartley didn’t get every base covered in the January window, and the priority in the summer has to be to get some steel into the side. No more wee guys please. They are great when they possess the skills to play around big ugly mugs like Livingston’s, but when they get drawn into matching their hoof ball with even more hoof ball, then unfortunately, the anti-football team will win out.
Today’s mess clearly shows that we are a long way off being where we need to be.
Teams like that shouldn’t be coming to our gaff and winning. Not ever.
Anti-football? Kick and Rush? Utter nonsense. You make it sound like they turned up and booted us up and down the park for 90 minutes. They are big and physical but so what, it's allowed. I wish we had some of that in our team. They alo played any football that was on show today, the cross and finish for their second was superb. Their no 8, Pittman I think, is head and shoulders above anything in our midfield. They thoroughly deserved their win.

In terms of both physical prowess and football ability, Livingston are streets ahead of us. Until they went down to 10 men, so were Inverness. If that does not shame and alarm everyone involved at FFC, it should.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF